over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are we just all addicts?

This right here.... the fellas passing (for the most part) are HUGE.... You don't see Mens Physique guys passing...or even Classic guys.... and trust, Physique guys blast a ton of shit too... IN MY OPINION its the anabolics PLUS being over 240 that really puts one in a dangerous place....
This right here is something I've been saying.

Sure AAS are bad for you, but I'd say weighing 250lbs is worse, and then you Factor in the AAS too. I can't recall any men's phsique guys passing.

I wouldn't call it an addiction. I personally find alcohol and drugs disgusting and have no desire to try them and I'm sure many others are the same. I have smoked weed to help me sleep and drank a handful of times socially (peer pressure) and would gladly pass on either.

I think the underlying problem is body dismorphia. The bigger you think you need to be to look good, the more you will push the scale, and your risk increases as you push it.

I see alot of people who have major health issues also having digestive issues and I think that ties in with using various prescription drugs as well. A guru on medication is not something I want to be because that likely means I need or am using them.

My final thoughts, people take herbs, supplements to try and prevent health problems which is a good concept but these guys passing are doing this too and it's not negating the affects enough of our lifestyle. Also, people really hate cardio and at some point people got this idea that moving or walking a dog is the same as real cardio working the heart.

I'm old school I think everyone should be doing real cardio. I'm guilty of this too I do 45 minutes moderate on the elliptical but I even think my heart is weak for a 190lb male, if I got chased by a dog I'd probably be out of breath like a 240lb guy.

You can't be strong if your heart is weak. I feel like in the 2000s at some point many became anti cardio. When I permabulked my fat ass up to 250 years ago then finally stepped on the treadmill my legs went numb after a while. Had I continued to try and be the biggest strongest guy in the gym I may not be here today.

Cedric, as good a man as he appeared to be, made some very bad choices which affected his mortality! He had been sick with pneumonia. I'm not clear if he already had heart issues or the pneumonia played a roll in that but the fact of the matter is that he did in fact have heart issues. How much was illness and how much was AAS related is unclear. NOBODY knows what that ratio is. In another thread it was stated that Cedric's ejection fraction was 10%. That may have come up at some point post pneumonia/heart issues but at his age the best choice would have been to retire, scale back to TRT/HRT, possibly find a position within the supplement industry or something bodybuilding related if he so desired, but sadly he didn't. My point is that bad decision making on his part, considering his health issues, played a significant role in his death.
This is why I would really like a scientist or group of scientists to collate all this stuff from all of these deaths and go through it all with a fine tooth comb to really get some answers. I don't want to die, who does...I also like being big. And of course, I really do think that there's a 900 pound 2 headed elephant in the room of the Rona and it's associated vax.

I had this discussion with a gym bro today. Every time a bodybuilder dies (at a "young" age) he ALWAYS uses the excuse of an underlying condition. Then I asked him, if so many BB are dying of underlying conditions, why aren't we seeing 20-30-40 year old MLB players or NBA players dropping dead at his rate. His answer? "Happening to them too. Look at Hank Gathers he had an underlying heart condition." I was like, dude Gathers died 32 years ago. More active BB have died due to non-accidental or intentional reasons in the past 2 years than in all other pro sports combined for the past decade. From Cedric, to John Meadows, to Rhoden to Piana, Boston Lloyd to ____________ fill in names, we (our bb community) continue to make excuses about underlying conditions. WE ALL HAVE UNDERLYING CONDITIONS. Nobody lives forever. We all have something that is going to take us out. Cancer. Heart attack. Etc. But using anabolics will get MOST people there MUCH faster than you expect. Yet, we still make excuses about underlying conditions in order to justify continuing on our current path to hugeness.
Agreed.

I was just thinking about the same thing, but asking, applying your thought process to the bodybuilders of the 70’s or 80’s.

Same demographics, proportionally same sample size but more importantly, same percentage would have had underlying ‘conditions’ too so why aren’t these bodybuilders dropping dead.

Reactions: td
Without getting into too many details, I made a comment on a Jordan Peters post over a year ago about the price bodybuilders pay for developing a championship physique. And I mentioned that the price is years or decades off their lives. I had some big name guys respond to that post by mocking me with quotes like "steroids are bad mmmmkay" followed by rolling eyes. Now, finally after numerous more early deaths the same guys who mocked me are making proclamations on their IG feed or youtube about how others need to scale back on the drugs etc. Its almost as if they are talking about themselves but refuse to acknowledge they themselves are exactly who they are talking about.

I've quit steroids many times. Usually at the end of a bulk or cut when I run out of gear.

That's a joke but seriously, many times I've had 3-4 months worth of test/eq/arimidex/nolva, etc just sitting around and I don't get into it because I only want to cycle 2x a year and it's the wrong month to start.

So can AAS be addictive or habit forming? Yes.
But nothing like alcohol or tobacco, there's no way a 6pack would just sit in my fridge from November to June without me going after it.

Not singling you out here. You sound like a good guy.

But . . . I will take issue with your statement that “I’ve quit steroids many times”. No, you did not quit steroids, you just took a break 😉 that’s all.

If you are an addict and you quit smoking or drinking for example, you can’t have a cigarette or a drink once in a while and say that you quit.

Okay, enough nitpicking.

Please don’t take this as a holier than thou thread, but Cedric’s death really is fucking with my head. How many of these bodybuilders die and we mourn and are shocked, yet go about making sure we don’t skip our injections, orals and meals? Why do we do this? I’m really asking myself if I can really stop taking AAS and if I’m addicted to being being, being stronger and the attention it garners? Is quitting even possible?
Some yes. Some no.

We can't lump everyone into one category as addicts.

it's simple really..

if the PED's are destroying your health, but you continue to use them anyways, you are an addict.

if the PED's are not destroying your health, and you are taking the necessary precautions to prevent yourself from developing issues, you are not an addict.
This

Please don’t take this as a holier than thou thread, but Cedric’s death really is fucking with my head. How many of these bodybuilders die and we mourn and are shocked, yet go about making sure we don’t skip our injections, orals and meals? Why do we do this? I’m really asking myself if I can really stop taking AAS and if I’m addicted to being being, being stronger and the attention it garners? Is quitting even possible?
The answer is 100% yes. Anyone who disagrees is wrong, period.

Nah. It's a far more nuanced question than many realize. Many people here are easily identified with histories and pathologies that make them far more likely to use or abuse any number of substances. In general, sole steroid users/abusers are not the same animals as your smack-heads, tweakers, and alcoholics, etc. And not just because steroids aren't recreational in nature. But for a case-by-case galaxy of reasons.

Some have serious body image issues - reverse anorexia or dysmorphia. Other guys, their fathers and step fathers beat the shit out of them or maybe she was raped and now as a result, they refuse to be "weak" ever again. Then there's the TRT/HRT crowd who, if they're over 40, or have an actual medical condition, then maybe. But then why come to this board? Then people like myself, terrified of growing old and weak, will happily commit to training, performance, and usage. And a hundred other circumstances or combinations of some or all of these.

But no. We're not junkies in the traditional sense. The sauce is an aid to get relief from some other painful memory, malfunction, or illness. Solve that root problem, and the steroid abuse would likely drop significantly or entirely.

There is no traditional physical withdrawal symptoms although likely some powerful psychological withdrawals.

We are all addicts. Even if it's to adrenaline (adrenaline junkies of which I consider myself), dopamine through sex, delicious food, hell even rock music.

You drive by the Ziegfeld Theater and hundreds of fucking nerds have tents ready for the final Lord of the Rings, is that normal behavior? Hell no.

But if a half a gram of test, tren, and gh combined help keep me feeling energetic.
Help keep me fucking.
Help keep my appetite.
Help keep me looking good.
Help keep me strong.
Help me keep my speed.
Help me think clearly.
Help me feel confident and kicking ass?

I'm willing to weigh out that dependency as a decision. And if we're calling that an addiction, than so be it. But I'm not losing any sleep over it. And if the people that leave their families to go out dancing and clubbing twice a week because they "just love to dance" aren't losing sleep, then I'm not either.

You’re only an addict if you can’t stop.
Sometimes I’ll go 7-10 days or so without even doing my prescribed TRT and not even think about it.
On the other side of the coin I have friends who have mental breakdowns and become suicidal if they lose their six pack so they are chasing anavar with the shots of liquor at the clubs.

Cedric’s death is terrible.
If you’re teetering on the edge of death in your 40s from gear and not on the Olympia stage… I would say yes. If you are on the stage, I’d call you dedicated.
It’s a matter of perspective imo
lmao 7 to 10 days come on bro really

you read my mind. i think its addiction but since its like oh i am bettering my self by working out eating clean we convince ourself. heck i know how shitty it feels to train when off gear but that don't mean you need to be on huge doses year round.

i was going to run a test eq materon blast. after this passing and i am now convincing myself that what for? like wtf am i even doing.

yes i have a very addictive personality , I have struggled with it my entire life . I started abusing drugs first when I was 10... robbed me of my youth. overzealous in fitness is a good ocd to have
ya i man its like a necessary evil for me, only thing is now i use it to make sure i go to the gym, eat clean take my health supps. when i come off i am the opposite i start going out parting eating like crap and than i ask which one is worse?

There are 113 million obese people in the USA currently. Damn near every commercial on tv during a professional sporting event is an ad for fast food. Talk about drug addiction; and yes, food is a drug. I’d rather be addicted to looking like a superhero than looking a typical slob who can’t keep from shoving garbage down their throat.
Am I addicted to looking ripped year round and being told I look 40 instead of 53? Fuck yeah I am! Who doesn’t have a passion for something? Money, power, sex, food, muscle, getting high, getting drunk, gardening, cats, dogs, cars, looking pretty, sniffing hair(Come on, man!).
I will say this without being specific: if you have abused AAS/HGH then the odds are your heart is enlarged. Nothing to panic over. Just reality. Be careful not to put things in your body that are known to cause carditis/pericarditis. Use some common sense!

Look at the past huge guys that are still kicking around? Gunter, Ruhl, Ronnie, Jay, Paul Dillet, Jean Pier Faux, Dorian.

are they around due to their genetics or perhaps they didn't abuse the PEDS, i find the latter hard to belive. Also how many of them are boosted with vaccine or had covid, probably some of them.

only thing i can think is they are retired not on gear anymore escaped and made it out. most of the recent deaths are during covid. maybe being 280, on gear and with COVID/vaccine is the royal flush that is to blame.

We are ALL that mouse pressing the button to get the dopamine. Whether it's food, sex, money, a medal, a trophy, we are all born hopelessly addicted to dopamine. Satisfaction, reward, rush, thrill. And thank god we are. Can you imagine the dull grey, depressed, apathetic and morose society we'd be if we weren't in need of it?

Even love is an addiction of sorts where at its strongest, a person's love will die two weeks after they do. They are that hopelessly dependent on each other.

Addiction in this hysterical last few decades has reached a fever pitch. Go ahead, purge yourself of everything addictive by nature in your existence and see how fulfilling your life becomes. You'll be fulfilled alright. Permanently. Or even easier, why not go grab some Arby's and head to the beach. Enjoy a delicious meal then walk into the sea and leave it all behind?

You think a race car driver, test pilot, or mountain climber has a good life expectancy? You think companies are lining up to sell them life insurance? These bodybuilders did what they loved. Lived on their terms. I'm not going to soil their memories by painting them as selfish junkies.

you read my mind. i think its addiction but since its like oh i am bettering my self by working out eating clean we convince ourself. heck i know how shitty it feels to train when off gear but that don't mean you need to be on huge doses year round.

i was going to run a test eq materon blast. after this passing and i am now convincing myself that what for? like wtf am i even doing.
Maybe because it gives you joy? At least that's my reasoning

We are ALL that mouse pressing the button to get the dopamine. Whether it's food, sex, money, a medal, a trophy, we are all born hopelessly addicted to dopamine. Satisfaction, reward, rush, thrill. And thank god we are. Can you imagine the dull grey, depressed, apathetic and morose society we'd be if we weren't in need of it?

Even love is an addiction of sorts where at its strongest, a person's love will die two weeks after they do. They are that hopelessly dependent on each other.

Addiction in this hysterical last few decades has reached a fever pitch. Go ahead, purge yourself of everything addictive by nature in your existence and see how fulfilling your life becomes. You'll be fulfilled alright. Permanently. Or even easier, why not go grab some Arby's and head to the beach. Enjoy a delicious meal then walk into the sea and leave it all behind?

You think a race car driver, test pilot, or mountain climber has a good life expectancy? You think companies are lining up to sell them life insurance? These bodybuilders did what they loved. Lived on their terms. I'm not going to soil their memories by painting them as selfish junkies.
Exactly. Of course they all went way to young but they all willingly went this road just like anyone else pushing the envelope in whatever aspect of life.

I just saw a story on Instagram from some influencer chick skydiving and going to the amazone and everyone applauds her for living life to the fullest. What if the chute don't open or a croc eats her.

8A2CE916-6A34-4B99-94ED-03AE0513E733.gif

Ive heard some people say and even see a thread about how does dbol make you feel and some claim they take AAS to feel good.. . but for most people I don't think we take them to feel a certain way, they are a necessary evil to look good, like eating clean food, diet, etc

If you say we are addicted to aas then I guess we are all sex addicts, the whole world is money addicts, everyone who loves good food is a food addict? Where do you draw the line?

If they came out with a new creatine that was legal, dirt cheap, proved healthy, and worked so well we didn't need aas...or say a myostation inhibitor...how many of us would just ditch AAS and take that?

I know I would. I think many would. The ones who may not would be the people saying they take dbol because it feels good or whatever.

So can you classify people as an addict if they would drop their drug of choice of something else came out?

We may be addicted to looking muscular, but I'd say not to AAS. Are people addicted to plastic surgery or so they just have body dyspmophia? How about synthol?

When I think of things I'm addicted to I'd say energy drinks, gum, coffee, food, sex. I would say I'm not addicted to training, cardio, gh, aas they are just tools I use because I have body dyspmophia. My body dyspmophia presents itself much different than say heavyhitter because we aim for a vastly different look but the tools are the same to achieve our desired look.

Addiction can go beyond health. If something is having a large negative impact on one's life and they still continue on the same path that would point to an addiction as i understand it. There is the health aspect. But if the activity precludes you from having outside relationships, causes the spending of money that is more then a person can really afford etc. can all be signs of addiction.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws