advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are we overdue for a major breakthrough in bodybuilding?

ALLEX

Banned
Alright, this is 1993, 24 years ago...

1239805_10151616455125205_1619871387_n-1.jpg

I think it's fair to say the sport hasn't really evolved much in 24 years. Most would agree to that, I think...

So, we've been through some of the myostatin blockers, like MYO-029 and follistatin that didn't really prove to be "it".

Do you think we're on the verge of something totally different and freakier that could change the game completely? What would it be?

Or do you think we're gonna see more of the same for a little while?

What do you consider to be the last breakthrough? Easily accessible GH?

Or do you mean in the sport itself as in the competitors?

Well...

Have you heard of CRISPR technology?

The medical application is essentially gene "editing."

I can't help but think some lunatic will eventually edit his/her genome for maximum muscle.

What do you consider to be the last breakthrough? Easily accessible GH?

Or do you mean in the sport itself as in the competitors?

Not sure if I know how to answer that question, as I don't know exactly if Dorian took or did anything different back then, but most of us would agree that 1993 marked the birth of the mass monsters.

But, for the sake of an argument, let's assume it's something that will change the sport and everyone will look different, not just one particular guy with the craziest genetics or response to gear.

Honestly the human body can only carry so much muscle. It may come to a point where it doesn't even look normal but more cartoonish. At that point we will more than likely see bodybuilders and strength athletes keeling over at younger ages. Size whether it's all muscle or muscle and synthol takes a major toll on the human organs. The organs don't grow proportionately based on muscle growth. Just my .02 worth.

I think from here on out, it will just be "fine tuning" what's already been built and established..ie drier, crisper, fine tuning aesthetics, etc.

It's hard to imagine anymore "pure MUSCLE" mass on a human body than what has already been exhibited(Ronnie, Dorian, Richards, Ramy,etc.)

It's hard to imagine anymore "pure MUSCLE" mass on a human body than what has already been exhibited

I'm sure many people thought the same when they saw Arnie and Lou back in the day.

I have found the breakthrough in bodybuilding that you speak of. It allows you to use miniscule doses of AAS alongside cutting edge anti-oxidants to achieve a look that appears like you are using gram+ dosages. This allows you to live longer free from side effects from steroids and without pain from soreness from training (due to the power anti-inflammatory nature of the anti-oxidants).

Nobody seems to be really catching on to this though.

Oh well.....the few that have tried 700+ mg/week curcumin know what I am talking about.

The only breakthrough I'd like to see is a shift back towards rewarding better asthetics and symetery rather that the swollen cartoon look.

The new break through is "Oxygen Gym."

I have found the breakthrough in bodybuilding that you speak of. It allows you to use miniscule doses of AAS alongside cutting edge anti-oxidants to achieve a look that appears like you are using gram+ dosages. This allows you to live longer free from side effects from steroids and without pain from soreness from training (due to the power anti-inflammatory nature of the anti-oxidants).

Nobody seems to be really catching on to this though.

Oh well.....the few that have tried 700+ mg/week curcumin know what I am talking about.

If it was true it would catch on

Either drugs do all the work and no need to lift or diet, or living past 60 with no major health issues

scientists will come up with a new drug one day that's trumps steroids and hgh, could be next year could be 100 years from now but it will happen

There's really only so much that can be done... the sport has already become unhealthy due to the extreme amounts of gear the less than genetically gifted soon-to-be-pro's are now injecting into their bodies. I really think the addition of the classic physique division was an effort to help mitigate some of that. I agree we should take a few steps back and start analyzing what bodybuilding's original target audience was: Above average muscular size with pleasing lines of symmetry. Not the cartoonish freakshow it has become today (though there are still some very aesthetic physiques in the game).

The only breakthrough I'd like to see is a shift back towards rewarding better asthetics and symetery rather that the swollen cartoon look.

I agree with this. I could be wrong obviously, but feel like classic physique is going to become a lot more popular every year and they guys will start getting even bigger while keeping an aesthetic look, similar to how physique pros are way more muscular now than when the division started.

My guess is that the look will be a mix between what we're seeing in classic and open bodybuilding right now.

If it was true it would catch on
Case. In. Point.

I and many people I know will continue doing what we are doing, using 1/10th the amount of AAS/GH we used to and looking better than we used to on these anti-oxidants :)

I see no purpose to marketing them or promoting them, it is what it is though.

are we overdue for a breakthrough?

not if the judging doesn't change lmao

start rewarding aesthetics, cadence and conditioning over sheer mass and then we can talk

I wana see the return of the vacuum pose :cool:

I liken this post to saying 'are we due for the 8sec 100m sprint - they have been running 9secs for so long now'

I think the human body as we know it in bodybuilding terms is pretty close to what you can achieved from it size wise, the only major improvements may come from refining how it is presented

I think the human body as we know it in bodybuilding terms is pretty close to what you can achieved from it size wise, the only major improvements may come from refining how it is presented

Wait until you can actually block myostatin and its actions.

Hint:

q0pb3ah8v1vx.jpg

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member