YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are you expecting financial hardship soon because of the Corona Virus?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
A lot of people like personal trainers, bartenders, servers, etc are out of work because their facilities are closed down. I work in the car business and my income is 100 percent commission based and its been dead the last week. Are you expecting major financial issues soon as not being able to pay the rent or mortgage, car payment, etc because of this? What are your plans?

I do e-commerce, gift type items, my business does very well but I was struggling due to some debt from some bad investments. Things were starting to turn around I was going to be out of those obligations by summer and I had a deal in place to sell a portion of my business which would have left me with a wheel barrow full of cash to pursue another business venture and of course erase all my debt.

Business has completely tanked, deal for the sale is on hold most likely canceled and I have no idea how I’m going to make my payments this month not really not sure what happens from here.

Oh and I have a meeting with the IRS in an hour...

Chugs dick

A lot of people like personal trainers, bartenders, servers, etc are out of work because their facilities are closed down. I work in the car business and my income is 100 percent commission based and its been dead the last week. Are you expecting major financial issues soon as not being able to pay the rent or mortgage, car payment, etc because of this? What are your plans?

I'd be very concerned not just with the short term, but aftermath of this pandemic on the economy. I don't know I'd be comfortable in your position where my survival relies upon consumer confidence and commission only income. I wish you luck man. We are all in for a rough ride I believe.

I'm a teacher so my contract and salary are not affected, but my night job is in the food service industry. I have an hourly rate and tips but both have tanked in the past few weeks. This shit is posing a very real threat to me and others in similar positions.

I'm a physical therapist working with geriatrics; mostly in group homes and assisted/independent living facilities, but some private homes. Unfortunately, I am fucked because as of this week, I am not allowed in any place other than private homes. They are allowing hospice to come in but not any other medical services. I can't say I blame them, all it takes is one person to bring something in, and you have an entire facility of high-risk elderly folks who could possibly lose their life. I feel bad for them though as many of them need the medical services that they cannot get and many of them live for the days that their family comes to visit, and now they really have nothing to look forward too and for an unknown amount of time.

As far as my plans to deal with the financial setback, I really don't have any; not much I can do; but I think there are going to be a shitload of others in the same boat, so I won't feel like a complete loser.

I'm ok but there has already been 200k people let go in my country. We only have a population of 4.7million. Banks have suspended mortgage and loan repayments, and they have set up measures that people who have been fired will get social payments.

I've been following the situation closely. As long as my area is not hit too hard, it looks like my contracts will roll on (construction) and I won't be financially hit too hard there.

I am very compassionate about the stress and fear and illness going around but also I am trying to be savvy about the opportunity (NOT at the expense of others though).

I will take on some low interest loans, invest some capital in stocks and crypto, and continue to work hard. I think I could come through 2020 much better off than I was in the beginning (which is always the goal) if I play my cards right. Might even be in a position to invest in more real estate by 2021 if I do well enough.

What kind of ripple effect do you think would happen if nurses nationwide suddenly went on strike? I'm sure it would get ugly quick.

I really feel bad for all those people that this is going to hurt financially.

This is really F'd Up.

I still 'work' but don't need the money (we have a private income stream)
so this is not really going to effect us. 'Savings' and stuff like that have
not been effected to much of a degree, if any. We are pretty well protected.
Very very thankful for that.

What kind of ripple effect do you think would happen if nurses nationwide suddenly went on strike? I'm sure it would get ugly quick.
That would be catastrophic. I have already heard that they might start some policies like Italy is doing, graduating nurses early before they have finished just to get them out in the field. A proposal that they are just talking about doing if things get really bad. Italy is doing it now. Many countries are calling up retired nurses and doctors and trying to get them to come in and work. My father in law is a retired doctor but don't think hed come in. Hes 80 years old. Many retirees I think will be in that age group that is in more danger.

it probably would get ugly and it would not look good for nurses, the thing is that hospital personnel have to be provided with proper equipment, now if that is not being provided, there could be problems.

I still remember when the air traffic controllers went on strike in 1981. My best friend's father was one and lost his job with that. Reagan didn't take any shit and fired them all. I suppose they could bring in nurses from the military to replace those that were striking.

Isn’t the US government working on giving tax payers one thousand or even two thousand dollars a month starting in a few weeks. And an additional five hundred for each child. If it happens I’m saving it for mortgage and bills. Because those never stop coming.

Isn’t the US government working on giving tax payers one thousand or even two thousand dollars a month starting in a few weeks. And an additional five hundred for each child. If it happens I’m saving it for mortgage and bills. Because those never stop coming.
I almost rather they didn't. Rather they just suspend all bills and cut a check later or something. They going to hand this money out and all these people going to rush back to the grocery store and buy all the damn food. I'm in a town where damn near half the population is college students and the college went online only, closed the residency hall and told them not to come back. Still really picked over. Did manage to get my 10lbs chicken for next week but had to settle for frozen potatoes. So I'm half content for now.

To the question. I may or may not be affected, work in residential construction, do a little bit of everything. Very small company, 5 guys total. Not getting any calls right now but have a couple months work lined up already. If things settle down a little, we should be good, or clientele aren't the ones losing their jobs. Table waiters don't exactly ask us to work on their house. More professors and business wealth. My wife works in tech industry, can easily survive on her income, have survived in much less when my kids were born and I was a part time stay at home dad. Luckily she gets to work from home and watch the kids since school has been canceled this school year. If I lose work, we easily survive as my income is more of the have fun money, want something, buy it money but I work for that money, i don't call in sick, rarely leave early. Outside of vacations, I could count all the days I've missed ever missed work in the last ten years on one hand. I'm pretty used to a steady income and a natural stressor, so, yeah, this has got me stressed the f out.

As of now, my job is so secure my employer isnt sending us home, even though 12,000 people work there. But I feel for those affected, which are many.

I survived The Great Recession raising three young children by myself without any other income, other than my own.

I'll survive this now that my children are grown.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131