advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are you getting the most out of your Testosterone injections?

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
I know theres a ton of guys on here that have far more knowledge on this then I do, but I wanted to post it here as a bit of a reminder. I find myself falling into this trap often and thought it might be good to discuss.

I have received many e-mails on this as of late from customers trying to understand the best way to administer their Testosterone doses. I will review some basic principles of using Testosterone Cypionate. and Enanthate. here. This would be pretty much the same for Sustenon injections as well.

I am the first to admit I don’t care for doing more frequent injections, actually I hate it! I have been guilty of slacking on this from time to time and trying to do my injects 1x a week to save myself from feeling like a pin cushion. I know I need to be reminded of this often so I wanted to take a moment here to explain how these esters work in the blood stream and why you may be experiencing less of the ‘desired effect’ and more of the ‘side effect’ when using these drugs. Testosterone Enanthate and Cypionate and to a certain degree Sustenon have a half life of 10 days or so, but you have to understand what that means exactly. if you have a look at the image below you can see the peak blood concentrations after injection.

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 11.56.45 AM.jpg

You can see that after one day you have a significantly elevated Testosterone level in the body, now this is exactly what we want! as you look at the next 2-3 days the blood level is elevated as well, but after day 4-5 it begins to drop off quickly. I know many guys do injections 1x a week out of convenience, but this is stifling their gains and causing more side effect to occur. You get side effects when your Test levels are going low and high, back and forth every week, not to mention your missing out on half of the time you could have elevated Testosterone levels! Your body is in a constant stage trying to figure out if it should try and restart its natural test, and getting the synthetic test your injecting, plus you have your estrogen levels that are being elevated from the injections, then your test levels are dropping off after 4 days but the estrogen is still elevated. This is not an ideal atmosphere for growth.

So, what is the ideal way to dose your Testosterone?

By looking at the image you can see that after day 4 it begins too drop off a lot. In order maintain high blood concentrations you want to inject every 3-4 days. I have seen so many guys start doing this and come back to me with a huge smile and another 10lbs of muscle on their frame. Yes, it does mean splitting up your injections more often, but it will help tremendously in keeping your blood levels elevated and your gains consistent.

Ideally Testosterone Ent. and Cyp should be dosed like this. if your using Test Prop, you will want to inject every 2-3 days.

Other drugs like deca and Eq. have longer half lives and don’t need as frequent of injections. You can find research on these on the net, or email me and i will be happy to review some of this with you.

I hope this information is helpful. I am not an expert in this area, but I have a significant amount of personal experience, and a ton of people we have worked with over the years.

We have some great Testosterone products on the site right now if anyone is interested. Have a look here: https://depotorder.co

if anyone else has something they want to add in here, or clarify I am more then grateful for more information on this topic to be discussed. Please feel free to chime in, correct me and/or discuss!

G

I did a lot of reading before I ever touched gear and it seems the general consensus from everyone is to pin e3d. If you really want to get technical on it and split your weeks up evenly, you can do 3.5 days this will let you measure how long your gear is going to last with less math work. Most people don't think about the extra gear you are pinning as well. Let's say you are doing 2 doses of 250mg. E3.5d will give you exactly 8 pins so 250x8=2000mg/month. Now in a 30 day month e3d is actually going to be 10 pins so 10x250=2500/month. An extra 500 a month isn't a huge amount but it's something to consider.
Personally I tried 3.5 and it's just too much of a hassle to keep track of but if you are organized and want to keep your doses exact it's not a bad approach.

good point on longer esters like decanoates and underdecanoates

From a testosterone replace point of view

yah two times a week is optimal for keeping testosterone levels more steady, I know by my bloodwork by day five on 150 mgs test cyp down to 275, and day six 240 something

After Iming, and not wanting to im again that week, another option is to so sub-q a small amount on day five, or four and six , just to keep t levels more steady, if its worth it to you.

Last edited:
actually enanthate peaks at 48h and reaches 50% on day 7

hard to optimize your pin schedule when your data comes from an excel chart

Last edited:
I have always just done a every other day schedule.. I don't like dumping a huge amount of test into the system and watching a lot of conversion to estrogen.. So instead of twice a week I do 3 times a week to lessen the dump and keep more consistent levels

I have always just done a every other day schedule.. I don't like dumping a huge amount of test into the system and watching a lot of conversion to estrogen.. So instead of twice a week I do 3 times a week to lessen the dump and keep more consistent levels
[lang=id]smart, you get both less daily fluctuation benefit from long esters as well as less total/peak-to-peak fluctuation[/lang]

I had a basic knowledge of this, and for the same reason I have always wondered myself why urologists and HRT doctors prescribe cypionate to be injected every 2 weeks?? I would love to know the logic behind that schedule since it doesn't make any sense. I can only imagine a roller coaster going inside the body.

I had a basic knowledge of this, and for the same reason I have always wondered myself why urologists and HRT doctors prescribe cypionate to be injected every 2 weeks?? I would love to know the logic behind that schedule since it doesn't make any sense. I can only imagine a roller coaster going inside the body.

Agree....when I was first prescribed HRT the Dr. had me taking 425mg once every 14 days. I had literally instant estrogen issues; I knew better but thought what the heck give it a try. Now I pin daily....no more sides.

same here bro, I wonder why they prescribe it like this? I had a close friend just get on some Test injects from the doc, and they told him every 10 days. i am sure they ate trying to save him the BS of injecting more often, but I can't help but wonder if there is some other reason behind this that we are not aware of? would be nice if someone with some knowledge on this could chime in.

When i was competing I did this as well. its interesting as i think about it now, but I remember when i began doing this eod schedule I was using like 30% less gear in general. I think that was due to the higher( more stable) blood concentrations. My GF was a nurse at the time and I had access to test my blood as much as i wanted. Sure was interesting to see the difference..

I think the chart was just for reference bro. Wasn't meant to design a pin schedule! I believe most clinical endocrinologist trials have test ent peaking around 72 hours with a half-life of 7 days. That being said...everybody is different. To develop a truly effective pin schedule, you need to have several blood workups the ascertain where your levels are really at.

And here i am thinking that half life means half of the active substance is active after x days?

So if Enanthate has a half life of 5-7 days, how could levels be that low after day 7?

I asked the urologist why every 2 weeks, his only answer was "because we wanna reach stable levels of testosterone in the blood" Which still to our knowledge here it doesn't make sense because after 2 weeks the previous shot is pretty much 100% gone. Either they have access to classified information that we don't know, or they are as dysfunctional as practitioners as our whole medical system which is a complete catastrophe.

well if you actually look at the chart then do a lil more research you see the te peaks in 24 and often faster.

ppl look at it like long ester but it really works much better when you think of it as short ester, thus ed or eod inj.

that said ed is always best.

esters have been done to death yet ppl still do this 2-3x wk admin crap. lol

n most drs haven't got a clue. even pkg inserts on pharm test a fucking retarded if you read them.. admin e7-14 days n stopping theory after a time...
that's from bayer testo. lol
bout the only thing they have right is dosage in ester weight info.

:banghead:

I asked the urologist why every 2 weeks, his only answer was "because we wanna reach stable levels of testosterone in the blood" Which still to our knowledge here it doesn't make sense because after 2 weeks the previous shot is pretty much 100% gone. Either they have access to classified information that we don't know, or they are as dysfunctional as practitioners as our whole medical system which is a complete catastrophe.

I think its prob the latter bro, they are dysfunctional. Theres more information on hormones on this board then there is in any doctors brain/books/medical/references.

the only reason I can think that they recommend this kind of dosing schedule, is because they are ignorant of how it actually works in your system. I know the studies will say that the half life is this or that, and because of that you only need a shot every 10-14 days, but that would have your levels going all over the place.

Here is another thought, most guys on TRT are doing like a 250mg shot every 10 days or so right? I mean, I guess the doc could say "split that 1mL shot into 1/3's and do .33mL every 3-4 days... but that would have you messing out a small dose of oil to shoot and it may just not be feasible for them to do it. Idk, just a thought.

well if you actually look at the chart then do a lil more research you see the te peaks in 24 and often faster.
[lang=id]Oh, please enlighten me with all this research[/lang]

This is how I do it too. Too much test at once means gyno haha
I do 1ml sustanon with a 27 gauge 1/2" slin pin 3-4 times a week. Although, this week I took a shot 6 out of 7 days. I pretty much decide day to day if I feel like taking an injection or not. This is the first time I've gone high in test in years. I definitely notice the more I take the bigger and harder I look, and the stronger I am. And they say this isn't a drug sport. :eek:

Rex Feral wrote something interesting with regard to injection frequency. Lower frequency will give you higher peaks which could be positive from a growth aspect, less positive if you are sensitive to fluctuations and get sides.
For example, he thinks NPP at twice weekly is frequent enough and you get higher peaks = more results.

Here's some food for thought

Yes there is some truth in this. I'm pretty sure I attempted to explain this to you before when discussing NPP dosing but I don't think you quite got it. I explained it was preferred to inject a larger dose twice per week vs 100 mg qd for example. You remember that? Now the problem with this video is a common one in bodybuilding. A fairly intelligent albeit uneducated bodybuilder will come to a correct conclusion based on anecdotal evidence. As he has done in this video. But because he has a lack of understanding of certain things due to his lack of education he is unable to explain it. So then he makes up some crap about some sort of imagined anabolic threshold. The truth is what he is talking about is nothing more than basic pharmacokinetics. What we call PK. The higher the peak the greater the response until you reach a dose limiting threshold This is basic pharmacology. So if you inject 100 mg qd of NPP for example you will never reach the peaks of someone who injects 300 mg biw. Thus the response will be greater at the same dosage per week with biw dosing vs qd. I have been trying to explain this to people for years. This constant blood level bullshit lets take our orals spaced out all day long. Obviously if you inject 600 mg of deca once per week like he is talking about you will reach much higher peaks vs 200 mg tiw. Thus a greater response at the same dose. More sides too but that's also obvious.

Rex.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting