advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are you really an athlete? Are You In Shape?

Fathead

Banned
Ok I have a lot of spare time for a while so I have been training really hard. I have a friend who plays pro baseball and we make fun of each other as most not all baseball players look like slobs or just a normal guy. He calls me a muscle head and that all I have is muscle and no endurance no flexibility blah blah!

He has hired a new off season trainer the guy's name is Cecil and he trains a lot of top athletes in a lot of different sports. The dude is not huge because he is not a BB but he is a rock, I mean freaking chisled 2% BF.

I used to be a football/track guy and know a lot of the drills they use which are brutal and this is the same stuff we were going to do.

Some of the first things we did was test flexibility and bro the shit we did was rough too long to go into needless to say I need to stretch more, then we did agility tests I am a goofball 12 yrs removed from college football and have two left feet.
We ran sprints which I did ok in 4.9 in the forty at 36 aint to bad used to be more like 4.5

My mile sucked 9 mins I was sucking air the whole time.

The moral or point is a treadmill does not make cardio and lifting weights and having 30 inch quads and 20 inch guns does not an athlete make.

Oh I almost forgot this was a challenge by my bro and we basically tied so I guess he is in better shape than I thought

Last edited:
I agree and disagree. I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm on the verge of becoming a professional football player. When I see guys in the gym that take time to work on there bodies and do the right things I have to say that I see them as being an athlete of sorts. I don't think most are overly athletic, but an athlete all the less. Just cause I'm out running and stretching more than hitting the weights how does that make me an athlete and not them?

ATHLETE: A person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina.

I will let others be the judge.

Your Missing my point

Your taking my story out of context I am not asking if a BB is an athlete, I am saying just because you go to the gym and do 20 mins of cardio and lift for 90 mins does not mean your in shape or even a well rounded athlete. Believe me bro I have argued the point of what I do when I compete and my regime of what it takes with pro athletes I just mean you on a personal level.

I though I was until the other day.

pro ball huh? I take it you have your degree or almost done and playing in college? Remember the average for a pro football player is something like 3.5 yrs but good luck. I played a yr on a team in Germany made $700 a month boy that sucked and the women were ugly so that made it worse.

Have eligability left, but I left college for some reasons. Been to a few combines and what not, have an offer to go to Europe and play. Surprised you didn't like germany. Not knowing how long ago that is, but from what I've heard it's not bad. If I go to Europe for Jan-March they offered $500 a month for food. Housing, transprotation, and what not included and about $4200 a month salary. When that season is concluded I get to go and play for a world league team come the end of march. From there they expect my chances of being allocated by an NFL team farely high. But I don't know if I can head over there just yet. I have a friend who just got back from over there from school and loved it. Said chicks were hot and loved americans, especially the "pro" athletes. He said they'd like me even more if I was black. Oh well Can't win them all.
In rereading your thoughts I would have to agree if your talking about the average joe who goes in does his routine and gets out. But someone who plans his workouts and connects with them and takes it ever so seriously, I would say is an athlete. How well rounded is a different story. As far as being in shape, that's tough. I know a couple older fellas that have been out of the gym and sports all together for some time that can get out and still hang (alittle bit) on the track. They're fulltime dads and 40+hrs jobs. I think alot is genetics.

Fathead,
I know exactly what you mean.
Last year I was on a trip with my old boss right at the end of a bulking cycle, I was at my heaviest, about 240.
He's a fat slob, anyway we had to walk across 3 terminals at the airport at a fairly quick pace.

We arrive at the desk and he is breathing slightly heavy but I AM 20 YDS BEHIND HIM AND SUCKING WIND!!!

At that point I gave up on the I can run, jump, play sports etc

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear