over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Argentina Dogo

I visited Argentina this year and went boar hunting with dogos. I loved them so much I got one. Hrs about 7 months old now. His name is "Cocha" after the farm he was born at.
Some awesome dogs for sure

Love that breed! Loyal, eager to please, but have rage in them that can be controlled with the right owners. Meet one that was at war with everything besides its owner.

So really quick intro....I used to be a member of the board many years ago, but took a break and am now back. Delighted to see a K9 section, as this is something I know a lot more about that bodybuilding or gear (amateur hobbyist and more of a grappler / crossfit dude, and also old and in turn old antiquated methods).

My wife and I own a boarding / training kennel and are both K9 trainers. 30 some odd years ago, I was a USMC K9 Handler. My father was a GSD breeder/ trainer and competitor and I literally grew up with Schutzhund sheps around me since I could crawl.

Professionally, I have worked with GSD, Rotties, Dutch Sheps, and Malinois. I have personally owned GSDs, Cane Corsos, Pitties, and at one point a Malamute / Wolf Hybrid. I now have a 2 year old Doberman, and 1.5 year old Dogo Argentino and I can say honestly and with 100% confidence that the Dogo is the BEST dog I have ever had, encountered or had the pleasure of knowing.

Calm / even keel disposition, sweet and cuddly with the grandkids, energetic, bright, alert, protective of his family and property, fantastic with all other dogs and cats as well as livestock (we live on a farm and have cows, goats, horses). He is beautifully built with a big solid head, thick neck and deep chest and a small waist. Musculature is a sight to behold, particularly when he runs.

For anyone thinking about getting a Dogo, best, best, best dogs ever!

Two cautions:
1) Find a reputable breeder. 6 years ago this breed was unheard of in the US and Canada. If you wanted one you had to import it from Argentina and as a result they were terribly expensive and very few had them. Now that the breed is gaining in popularity you have some very disreputable people, after fast cash, breeding them. Make sure your breeder knows what they are doing (talk to other clients, talk to their vet office, ask probing questions about their breeding and genetics program, investigate the foods they recommend, etc.) so that you get a healthy and fast acclimating to well adjustment puppy to be a valued and valuable member of your family.

2) A lot of these dogs end up in rescue because of their size, strength and drive, as many owners get in over their heads. Adopting is a beautiful thing. My Dogo is a rescue. If you do not have experience with big, strong, high drive dogs....make sure you have a very experienced trainer ready to help. Rescues are some times simply turned over having been treated well, but having gotten to the point that the owner has no time or mind set for the breed. In most cases however they have been abused in some way, whether its malnourished, physically harmed or just utterly ignored and left to their own instincts and devices. Contrary to popular belief, an abused dog can indeed be trained and can be deconditioned from its reactivity. It takes patience and time. In the end, it is very worth the reward.

God Bless to all K9 lovers and best of luck with the Dogos.......simply wonderful and majestic animals.

LT

P.S. If anyone has any diet, supplement or training questions regarding K9's....happy to field them to the best of my ability and experience allows.

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my Dogo. 1.5 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_2611.jpg
    IMG_2611.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2629 (1).jpg
    IMG_2629 (1).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 8

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views