over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arimidex Or Aromasin?

Diesel1981

Registered
I am on HRT. I am scripted arimidex @ .5mg EOD. It works fine for HRT.

I am going to be increasing testosterone for the next 10-12 weeks.

Would simply increasing my arimidex dose or switching to aromasin be a better choice for the higher dose durations?

Also, why?

Last edited:
IIRC, Arimidex can cause an estradiol rebound, wherease aromasin doesn't.

I could be wrong though...

I am always on arimidex, HRT.

If one was to increase their dose of testosterone... Would it be better to increase their dose of arimidex or add aromasin for the time they have higher than normal test doses

you should not have to increase the dose no.. when adex is used with normal test cycles most guys do .5 EOD anyway

anytime hun

you should not have to increase the dose no.. when adex is used with normal test cycles most guys do .5 EOD anyway

actually this will depend on the amount of increase and the individual. as you increase test, invariably increasing DHT you will see lowered SHBG (due to both androgen (T and DHT but also endogenous substrate) and insulin influence)). Greater free fraction will stimulate aromatase production as well as lead to greater free estrogen (both from conversion and because SHBG does bind E2 as well (less than albumin but its only weakly bound to that).

also if you have higher bodyfat, particularly if fat pattern is female, that low a dose of arimidex is less likely to be sufficient to achieve the needed suppression of peripheral aromatase. keeping in mind that competitive inhibitors work by binding to and inhibiting synthesis of aromatase (also why there is rebound upon cessation).

and in truth, the underlying etiology that led to replacement is likely to be a determinative factor.

well ofcourse everything varies but a good rule of thumb that MOST people follow is .5-1g EOD from what i have seen.. i take 1g EOD but im a different story then the OP hehe

Arimidex is a very effective aromatase inhibitor, and perfect for bodybuilders. No need to switch AI's or even increase your dosage yet, if you start to experience increased estrogen levels just increase your dosage to 1mg ED maximum.

I find aromasin is better than amiridex. I would probably add 12.5mg of aromasin on top of the extra test and see how I go from there with blood test. Then adjust as needed.

I find aromasin is better than amiridex. I would probably add 12.5mg of aromasin on top of the extra test and see how I go from there with blood test. Then adjust as needed.

as is the case for most people. However, while a strong proponent of exemestane (and AIFM- topical otc- slight bias as formulator) also must make it clear that there is definitely a subset of central aromatase producers that will fare better with anastrozole. Typically very lean individuals or those with conditions like variocele (which highly upregulates testicular aromatase).

I'm on HRT an Dr. gave me script for arimidex.Can't wait too throw it in the mix.Will help with the bloat an the break out's an most important is my friend down stairs :eek: the sack an libido!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws