Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you go

All tricep exercises then move to biceps or

Tri
Bi
Tri
Bi continued...

I get a better overall pump doing the bottom, but I feel I can fatigue the muscle better doing the top. Just wondering what y'all like

Last edited:
I've been starting with triceps since they're lagging lately. Sometimes I do a set of triceps then biceps, bit I feel I get a better pump if I focus on them one at a time. I've been doing 6-8 sets of biceps after chest and the same for triceps after back for about a year now and my arms have grown aboutique an inch.

I superset all bicep and triceps exercises and employee lots of drop sets. I kill them!

I superset all bicep and triceps exercises and employee lots of drop sets. I kill them!

I've been primarily training my arms like this for over 20 years. This style was suggested to me by one of my early mentors Dave Draper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to go back and forth between one tricep exercise and then one for biceps. I will also super set sometimes

Over the decades of training I have found straight sets to give me better results in general. But supersets, drop sets etc have there own applications that that make them useful.

I stopped training arms directly a few years ago relying on my chest and back workouts to provide all the stimulus I need to work arms with good gains and avoid over training them. In my opinion it is a mistake to train arms as a single entity.

I stopped training arms directly a few years ago relying on my chest and back workouts to provide all the stimulus I need to work arms with good gains and avoid over training them. In my opinion it is a mistake to train arms as a single entity.

Tom, if you arms were lagging would you just pick back and chest exercises that emphasize the bi/tricep more?

I don't agree. I do a single arm day then do a few bicep pump sets after back. Triceps I do agree get lots of stimulus from benching and overhead pressing. More so overhead or behind the neck pressing. So I hit those once a week on arm day.

I used to go super heavy barbell and compound moves every work out on arms but now since they've grown pretty decent I stick with more machine and Dumbell work. My right elbow these days gives me issues when going too heavy on skull krushers

I do know arms don't grow over night and it took me a lot consistency to get them bigger.

Tom, if you arms were lagging would you just pick back and chest exercises that emphasize the bi/tricep more?

Well that kind of is my point. Are arms lagging because they are over worked due to having a separate arm day ? I get a pretty good pump in my his when I do close grip pulldowns and simple bodyweight pull ups. I get a lot of tricep stimulation on chest day. When I used to do an arm day following a chest and back day they were always half spent and seemed to respond better with sufficient rest. I have always had a willingness to experiment in the gym and when somebody suggested a six month trial of not working arms directly I never looked back!

I've been starting with triceps since they're lagging lately. Sometimes I do a set of triceps then biceps, bit I feel I get a better pump if I focus on them one at a time. I've been doing 6-8 sets of biceps after chest and the same for triceps after back for about a year now and my arms have grown aboutique an inch.
Same here. Just a few sets for biceps after my chest workout, and a few sets for triceps after back work. I go by feel though as I may hit 3-4 different exercises for a couple of sets, or just stick with 1-2 exercises for more sets if I'm really feeling that particular exercise. But at least one of the bicep exercise is typically a reverse or hammer curl.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Separate days myself.

More gains imo

Arms are a very complex subject and very individual.

I have tried every single way out there from Vince gironda, Larry Scotts routines to the latest & greatest method out there.

How you respond to arms growth depends on your genetics and individual biomechanics. Simple as that. This could be anything. You have to figure it out. Try all methods and see which ones your arms answers as "ya i love that". and stick to it.

Dave paulmbo, Vince Taylor with long arms responded to cable movements better. Straight bar heavy heavy basic curls did nothing for them. They had to squeeze more, feel more and isolate the muscle to make it grow.

Then you have the likes of lee priest, boyer coe, The black price who touches anything and curl it in the most unusual unconventional way and their arms explode to absolute cannonballs.

Then you have the unfortunate ones, the likes of Milos Sarcev, Ben Paulski who einsteined the mother fucking living Jesus out of biomechanics & anatomy, went through every angle, the squeeze, the peak contraction, fucking electrodes attached to their arms measuring every ounce of EMG activity, perfecting tempo, rep range, training schemes,applying advanced principles, you name it. They still have shitty arms all their careers no matter what they tried and did. so thats that.

That's arms for you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
let me comment on arm routines here....:cool:

first thing first is you need to identify what is actually
lacking in this department....

most of the time, its bis.....now identify how your bis are attached..
(armpit to elbow)...thick at the elbow, you already have genetics
for big, thick biceps (not much peak, but big)..
the other side of the coin is a gap at the elbow, you will need to destroy your
bis to make them grow....

or.....you can just blast oil in them like everyone else and not worry about it.

my favorite bi workout....

30lb DBs....
standing alterating curls...
30 reps (15 each arm)...
6 to 8 sets....
exactly 1 minute between sets....
simple....this will destroy your biceps
after about the 3rd set....you will wonder if you can get through 5 more.
it will be so painful, you will think you are tearing something....
your bis will be so full of blood...they will be busting out of your shirt...

try it

let me comment on arm routines here....:cool:

first thing first is you need to identify what is actually
lacking in this department....

most of the time, its bis.....now identify how your bis are attached..
(armpit to elbow)...thick at the elbow, you already have genetics
for big, thick biceps (not much peak, but big)..
the other side of the coin is a gap at the elbow, you will need to destroy your
bis to make them grow....

or.....you can just blast oil in them like everyone else and not worry about it.

my favorite bi workout....

30lb DBs....
standing alterating curls...
30 reps (15 each arm)...
6 to 8 sets....
exactly 1 minute between sets....
simple....this will destroy your biceps
after about the 3rd set....you will wonder if you can get through 5 more.
it will be so painful, you will think you are tearing something....
your bis will be so full of blood...they will be busting out of your shirt...

try it

Dammit I have the gap. So I'm doomed unless I go SEO?

Thanks for the workout Tenny, I'll try it

Many don't know how to contract his in to that peak contract feeling. Chase that feeling on every types of curls will help development if lacking mind/muscle connection. I feel triceps is the key to big arm and many lack then because they don't have healthy elbow.
I employ Ben Park's technique of emphasizing peak contraction (or end range of exercise) where muscles are fully shortened in the beginning sets. It seems to allow better contraction on sets afterwards. Whatever you don't feel, won't grow.
Btw, I have small arms so take my advice with grain of salt.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear