over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ARM INJURY

wedge

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I decided to go to the lake and go water ski with my buddies. It had been many years and I figured it would be like old times. Well, as I was coming out of the water my left hand slipped and I continued to hold the rope until I knew I was not going to get up. When I released, my arm made a sharp popping sound. Alot of pain, next day my right forearm had a huge black/purpleish bruise. ( pain had deminished alot ) The tendon between the forearm and bicep was very tender. My right bicep is now oddly shaped toward the bottom.I have seen detached biceps in my time and this does not look anything of the kind. A month later and I have very little pain but the tendon still has a tingle in it. Anybody know what the heck I have done?

Thanks, wedge

IMHO - you should have seen an orthopedic right after it happened.

Sorry, haven't a clue as to what it is.

Exel

Exel,

I put that off bcause of starting my new company and not having insurance for the first time in my life. ( I know they will want a MRI etc,etc.) Just thought someone else may had the same experience. I have almost complete use of the arm until I go to heavier at the bottom on curls. Still is sensitive and I am being precatious until I can get someone to look at it.

wedge

Ditto

GyM RaT,

I was thinking pretty much the same thing.The bicep is sitting higher than my left bicep. Every week I am getting back to heavier wt. but the tendon is irratated on arm days. ( most pulling movements ) Does not effect any other of my workouts. I know eventually It will need to be looked at but I will put it off until I have some down time with my company. Thank you for the post.

wedge

sOUNDS LIKE A PARTIAL TEAR.

PARTIAL TEARS SUCK. THEY ARE HARD TO FIX.....I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY DO SURGURY ON A PARTIAL TEAR. I HAD MY RIGHT BICEPS TENDON TEAR OFF AT THE RADIAL TUBEROSITY ON MY RIGHT ARM. (DOWN ON THE FORE ARM WHERE THE BICEP ATTACHES. THAT WAS A GOOD THING BECAUSE NOW IT LOOKS GOOD. YEARS LATER I DID THE LEFT ONE...GOING THROUGH THAT PHASE WHERE I THOUGHT I WASN'T TRAINING HARD ENOUGH UNLESS I BROKE BLOOD VESSELS IN MY EYES. BUT, I DIGRESS! THE DOC SAID....'THIS IS WHAT WE CALL JUNK'....BECAUSE A FEW OF THE FIBERS TEAR OFF, HEAL, (WITH SCAR TISSUE) ARE BRITTLE AND ARE EASILY REINJURED. THAT BEING SAID....I HAVEN'T HAD DINGED IT IN A WHILE AND THERE IS ONLY A SLIGHT 'DENT' IN THE MUSCLE BELLY. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. :)

I work in sportsmedicine and have seen something similar to your injury many times. As everyone else said, you have a partial tear of the biceps that most likely has healed by now. The superficial fascia layers have retracted, thus giving the muscle the odd shape. You may have also torn some of the extensor wad and you probably also have a shitload of scar tissue in there.

With all that said, the only way you would need surgery is if the scar tissue is impinging on a nerve or irritating things too badly. Then they can go in arthroscopically and clean it up a bit; but the fibers that tore away will never be able to be re-attatched.

Thanks JT & Muscle96

That is what I needed to hear. Thanks for the post guys.

wedge

muscle96ss said:
I work in sportsmedicine and have seen something similar to your injury many times. As everyone else said, you have a partial tear of the biceps that most likely has healed by now. The superficial fascia layers have retracted, thus giving the muscle the odd shape. You may have also torn some of the extensor wad and you probably also have a shitload of scar tissue in there.

With all that said, the only way you would need surgery is if the scar tissue is impinging on a nerve or irritating things too badly. Then they can go in arthroscopically and clean it up a bit; but the fibers that tore away will never be able to be re-attatched.
Same thing happened to me doing Yate's rows...now one Biceps is shorter than the other(on the inside)...still acts up once in a while, doc said it can,t be repaired :(
GF

GF

gravityfighter said:
Same thing happened to me doing Yate's rows...now one Biceps is shorter than the other(on the inside)...still acts up once in a while, doc said it can,t be repaired :(
GF

GF,

Thats sounds like the same injury for sure. Were you able to return to heavy curls and also how long ago did yours occur ? The frustating thing is that this injury was not gym related. What else did your doctor advise you with this injury. Thanks, wedge

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear