over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arm training frequency

WelshWarrior

Newbies
Folks, I've always kept to six sets of tri or bi exercises after heavy compounds every 7 day or so.

I figured if you've done a heavy back workout then that's all you need.

However, do people think it would be beneficial to do a few sets at a lower intensity in between big workout days?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.268145,-2.393875

Folks, I've always kept to six sets of tri or bi exercises after heavy compounds every 7 day or so.

However, do people think it would be beneficial to do a few sets at a lower intensity in between big workout days?

---
I am here: Google Maps

I do- especially if they are lagging.

---
I am here: Google Maps
mine were stuck at 16 inches for a long time..i started hittin them every day ..just enough for a good pump and 8 months later they are 18.5 pumped..I dont believe in the arms gettin enough with a back workout ..i do bent over rows strict with 365 for 3 sets of 12 ..weighted pullups at 244lbs bodyweight and so on..they got stronger but not much bigger,,i do my bi workout before my back workout so i get more lat with less bi...also I did the bi syntherol protocol gaining 1.3 inches of the 18.5..I hope this helps!

mine were stuck at 16 inches for a long time..i started hittin them every day ..just enough for a good pump and 8 months later they are 18.5 pumped..I dont believe in the arms gettin enough with a back workout ..i do bent over rows strict with 365 for 3 sets of 12 ..weighted pullups at 244lbs bodyweight and so on..they got stronger but not much bigger,,i do my bi workout before my back workout so i get more lat with less bi...also I did the bi syntherol protocol gaining 1.3 inches of the 18.5..I hope this helps!

When you trained them daily you went for high reps and a pump?
How many sets?

12 sets for bi's,
15 sets for tri's,

training them once per week, got me 22 inches.

I do 12 sets and 12 sets for triceps. I am at 20 1/2 in bicep. train them with a overload training. They will grow.

When you trained them daily you went for high reps and a pump?
How many sets?
3 sets of 20 for a pump on bis
3 sets of 30 on tris for a pump using moderate weight and changing the movements every time..I was not responding to anything else and giving them 3 months at a time with diff routines..on chest day I still do reverse grip bench with 3 plates for tris and narrow grip with 2 plates on the smith so I still get my heavy movements in for tris, hope this helps.

Fri - Chest/tris pump only for 3 sets of 20 to 30 reps
Sat - Legs
Sun - Full arm day workout bis and tris heavy
Tues - Delts
Wed - Back/bis for pump 3 sets of 20 to 30 reps

My arms always sucked, especially off cycle. They are coming around and I attribute it to a change in the way I do barbell curls. If you see me do barbell curls, you would think I'm one of these idiots using too much weight... I've used STRICT form for barbell curls for years, and it really didn't get me that far.

I use momentum (wearing a belt) to swing the weight up, bending the knees slightly and then peak contraction, and slow negative all the way down. I can use about 125lbs with this cheating method. With good form I use 105lbs. I do

2 sets warm up dumbell curls, 20+ reps
2 sets of bb curls with good form
2 sets of cheating bb curls
3 sets Preacher curl, wide grip and elbows in, using an EZ curl bar
3 sets Alternating incline bench dumbell curls
2 sets high rep drag curls

My arms are 18' cold, up from 17' (8 months). They've been bigger on juice, but never this big off cycle (4 years off)

My arms are definitely my weakest bodypart but they have gotten better in the past couple years. I agree with BA in that i used strict form for a long time and it didnt get me very far. I also get pissed because whenever i start a cut, my arm size is the first thing to go.

what i HAVE done and will continue to do (based on some good growth this past year) is alternating volume and intensity levels. For a couple weeks i will hit 12+ sets with higher reps then have a couple weeks at around 6-9 sets with heavier weight for lower reps.

My cousin tore something in his left elbow while over doing it,he was on to.then because of the tear and surgery.he couldnt lift shit.needless to say his arms were pythons b4.and after healing and the time it took he still had a chest and legs but his arms looked like grass snakes.:star:wars

12 sets for bi's,
15 sets for tri's,

training them once per week, got me 22 inches.

Are you giving arms there own seperate day? If so, how soon after that day are you hitting say chest or back?

My arms are definitely my weakest bodypart but they have gotten better in the past couple years. I agree with BA in that i used strict form for a long time and it didnt get me very far. I also get pissed because whenever i start a cut, my arm size is the first thing to go.

what i HAVE done and will continue to do (based on some good growth this past year) is alternating volume and intensity levels. For a couple weeks i will hit 12+ sets with higher reps then have a couple weeks at around 6-9 sets with heavier weight for lower reps.

can explain more? thanks

I think he means,

example

week 1-6 - 12-15 sets- light to moderate weights x 20-30 reps

week 7-12 - 6-9 sets- heavy weights x 6-8 reps

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views