over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arms(read)

Vander...
If I am not mistaken you are an advocate of high volume training. Is it the same for arms? If so what's the reasoning?

TH

lionel said:
Anybody has ideas to take out or minimize shoulder involvement during bicep exercises? I can't seem to find the bullseye while doing curls and stuff. I always feel that either my forearms or shoulders are doing the work, not my biceps. I've heard all those keep elbows back etc but i still can't feel it. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
This tends to bother me as well. Someone can hopefully tell us what we're doing wrong

D Animal said:
This tends to bother me as well. Someone can hopefully tell us what we're doing wrong

You could try digging ur armpits into a preacher bench, thatl minimize shoulder involvement. Ever try a spider curl on the flat side of the preacher bench, its tough but all biceps. Try to do ur first 2 sets slow controled with a big squeeze, iv learned i feel the muscle better if i get it slightly pumped first before i start hammering it. Its tough to learn the mind muscle connection so you can actually feel it but believe me it works. I used to only feel the tension in like my tendon area til i learned to feel the muscle, and wouldnt u know it, its spurred growth.

For forearms, id suggest looking at ur wrist positioning. Lot of people tend to curl their wrist in to use heavier weight and make it more manageable. If thats not the case and ur wrist is in fact straight, then ur forearms n wrists are just weak. Your only as strong as ur weakest link.

hey guys. I'm new to this board but have been reading a lot on this thread. I haven't seen where anyone has mentioned the idea of getting your biceps to "peak". As brief background, I'm 53 years old, current my stats are 6' 177# 33w 44.5c, 16.5a, 21+th, 15.5 calves. I was in a motorcycle accident a year ago and went from 192# bodyweight to 160# in 5 weeks in the hospital. I'm well on my way to building back up, but want to get some definition/peak in my biceps. (By the way, 90% of the damage to my body was my right leg. I know I need to build them up again and am working with a physical therapist and starting squats again.) Any general thoughts on getting biceps to peak? or any general thoughts? thanks.

TooPowerful4u said:
You could try digging ur armpits into a preacher bench, thatl minimize shoulder involvement. Ever try a spider curl on the flat side of the preacher bench, its tough but all biceps. Try to do ur first 2 sets slow controled with a big squeeze, iv learned i feel the muscle better if i get it slightly pumped first before i start hammering it. Its tough to learn the mind muscle connection so you can actually feel it but believe me it works. I used to only feel the tension in like my tendon area til i learned to feel the muscle, and wouldnt u know it, its spurred growth.

I haven't done preachers for awhile cos my current gym doesn't have em. Spider curls i've tried.. but still to no avail.. its worse in fact, i don't feel anything the next day and the pump i get is really feeble. I know mind muscle connection requires lots and lots of experience but i'm not giving up and will still try to master it as soon as possible.

One question. Say you're doing standing bb curls, you curl the bar up to a point a)as much as you can go while keeping your elbows to your side, not moving them in front or behind, or b)move your elbows in front a little to further push the bar higher up, closer to your chest.

MuscleNeo said:
hey guys. I'm new to this board but have been reading a lot on this thread. I haven't seen where anyone has mentioned the idea of getting your biceps to "peak". As brief background, I'm 53 years old, current my stats are 6' 177# 33w 44.5c, 16.5a, 21+th, 15.5 calves. I was in a motorcycle accident a year ago and went from 192# bodyweight to 160# in 5 weeks in the hospital. I'm well on my way to building back up, but want to get some definition/peak in my biceps. (By the way, 90% of the damage to my body was my right leg. I know I need to build them up again and am working with a physical therapist and starting squats again.) Any general thoughts on getting biceps to peak? or any general thoughts? thanks.
Unfortunatly, if god didn't give you the genetic for a biceps peak, you WON'T develop one. Now you may not have developed your arms enough to bring out the peak :)

Big bis

My bi's range from 20-21 1/2inches depending on bodyweight.If you want to build big arms,you need to train heavy.2- 3 sets of straight barbell curls,2-3 sets of hammer curls,and 2-3 sets of machine preachers is about all I do.All rep ranges are between 6-10.Once in awhile I will throw in some minor movements,but it is the basics that build these guns right here.....

Attachments

• frontbi2.JPG
    frontbi2.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 219
Those be some cannons Nazi! Nice work!

TH

BALDNAZI said:
My bi's range from 20-21 1/2inches depending on bodyweight.If you want to build big arms,you need to train heavy.2- 3 sets of straight barbell curls,2-3 sets of hammer curls,and 2-3 sets of machine preachers is about all I do.All rep ranges are between 6-10.Once in awhile I will throw in some minor movements,but it is the basics that build these guns right here.....
whoaaa! Those are some huge arms bro...Great work......I gotta 2 to catch up with ya...*GRRRR* oops almost pooped my pants

Damn Bald your arms are jacked!

MikeS said:
Damn Bald your arms are jacked!

That kinda sums it up nazi! WOW!! But when you're doing curls in rep ranges like this, ain't the last 2-3 reps especially hard to keep excellent form? I feel when doing low reps, its real hard to correctly feel the bicep 'burn'. I know amount of lactic acid ain't the right way to judge a good from a bad set but having an intense burn sure makes you feel satisfied. Do you get an awesome pump from doing reps at the 6-10 rep range nazi?

Thanks brothers

Lionel,the pump and feel comes into play on the last 2 exercises.Heavy barbell curls will involve swinging,but the focus remains on the bicep,if you do it right.The preachers and hammer curls allow you to focus more and get that isolation and pump your looking for.But without heavy barbell curls,you aint building shit.

The pumps I get are obscene.I can't bend my arms when Im done.Trust me,when it comes to arms its the one thing I know.People comment everywhere I go,so I must be doing something right......

Lumberjacks and boat rowers do repetitive powerful positive movements like gymnasts yet have very little muscle mass to show for it......could it be the extreme stretch and more so the highly involved eccentric movements gymnasts have to do that gives them that muscularity? hmmmmm something to think about.....(well I already have thought about it-a long time ago)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131