over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnold Classic 2021

Ohh, I have zero interest in mens physique division

WOW. Times sure have changed. Screenshot_20211006-071350_Facebook.jpg

WOW. Times sure have changed.View attachment 145720
@b-boy Not the same pose, but more importantly the 2000 Arnold Classic picture is enhanced (filtered/manipulated) to the max. Their trunks look a different colour.

Not saying they are bad physiques, or that current are better, but I find all the time older bodybuilders get this "wow they looked amazing, they are gods" treatment, yet they post/show pics that are filtered worse than a 13 year old girls instagram.

Here are some pictures from magazines (which might have already been enhanced but not to this level)
Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29,+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+%26+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29,+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic+2.jpg

Chris+Cormier+(2nd),+Flex+Wheeler+(1st)+and+Kevin+Levrone+(3rd)+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++c.jpg

Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29,+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29+and+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic+2.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++4.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic+4.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++2.jpg

Winner+Flex+Wheeler+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg
Winner+Flex+Wheeler+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++1.jpg

I don't care about the filters, I can only say that the lighting on the Arnold sucked.

@b-boy Not the same pose, but more importantly the 2000 Arnold Classic picture is enhanced (filtered/manipulated) to the max. Their trunks look a different colour.

Not saying they are bad physiques, or that current are better, but I find all the time older bodybuilders get this "wow they looked amazing, they are gods" treatment, yet they post/show pics that are filtered worse than a 13 year old girls instagram.

Here are some pictures from magazines (which might have already been enhanced but not to this level)
Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29,+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+%26+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29,+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic+2.jpg

Chris+Cormier+(2nd),+Flex+Wheeler+(1st)+and+Kevin+Levrone+(3rd)+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++c.jpg

Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29,+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29+and+Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic+2.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++4.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic+4.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Chris+Cormier+%282nd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Flex+Wheeler+%281st%29+and+Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg

Kevin+Levrone+%283rd%29+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++2.jpg

Winner+Flex+Wheeler+-+2000+Arnold+Classic.jpg
Winner+Flex+Wheeler+-+2000+Arnold+Classic++1.jpg
So do you think Nick Walker looks better than flex wheeler???? Seriously?

Screenshot_20211006-125301_Google.jpg

This was flex winning an arnold.

So do you think Nick Walker looks better than flex wheeler???? Seriously?
I didn't say that. I said everyone uses photos of these "golden era" bodybuilders that are filtered/photoshop to the max. Then talk about how hard those guys were. Meanwhile not one glute striation to be seen.

I didn't say that. I said everyone uses photos of these "golden era" bodybuilders that are filtered/photoshop to the max. Then talk about how hard those guys were. Meanwhile not one glute striation to be seen.
Flex had glute striations in the above Arnold win. That Era also had striated chest, triceps, delts. Guys now don't because they are putting so much oil in there to look like blow up dolls. The 90's guys used oil but used it strategically in certain lagging body parts, now it more like you HAVE TO DO IT EVERYWHERE to be competitive.

Flex had glute striations in the above Arnold win. That Era also had striated chest, triceps, delts. Guys now don't because they are putting so much oil in there to look like blow up dolls. The 90's guys used oil but used it strategically in certain lagging body parts, now it more like you HAVE TO DO IT EVERYWHERE to be competitive.
You are right, Flex looked amazing at that Arnold. But after that, I think he also went overboard on the oil in the arms which even now look a bit silly.

Still one of the greatest physiques of all time.

I didn't say that. I said everyone uses photos of these "golden era" bodybuilders that are filtered/photoshop to the max.

I'm not going to use that argument of turning to bodybuilders from 20 years ago, I can only say that this Arnold is the worst I can remember following the sport.

In the past decade we had:

Wolf-Rhoden
Curry-Bonac
Bonac-Ramy
Warren-wolf
Cedric-Kai
Kai-Phil
Dexter- Warren

I'm not going to use that argument of turning to bodybuilders from 20 years ago, I can only say that this Arnold is the worst I can remember following the sport.

In the past decade we had:

Wolf-Rhoden
Curry-Bonac
Bonac-Ramy
Warren-wolf
Cedric-Kai
Kai-Phil
Dexter- Warren
YES...EXACTLY ^^^

I’ve seen pros of the late 90’s and some of today’s. I don’t have the answer but it’s almost like the cuts were deeper on guys back then. At least more consistently. The guys today are insane too. Maybe I look at the “flow” a bit and naturally that’s what I’m a fan of. Not to take anything away from the new guys. Hell they ALL beat my damn physiques ass!!! Maybe it’s everything is so damn big on the newer guys.. it is bodybuilding so they are definitely building!!! Fuck, I like them all!!!! 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂

How many guys today look even close to Flex in the Back Double Bi shot? And then to think he never won an Olympia. Yes, today maybe guys have more stage weight but IMO, there is a very noticeable difference in today's physiques when they turn around. If you put any of the top 5 guys from that era in any of today's shows, how do you think they place? I think they win. I'm talking about Levrone, Flex, Ray, Nasser, Real Deal, Dillett (guys who never took an O). More complete physiques in that era and less guts. Kuclo and Walker are complete but look how blocky their midsections look. Ian isn't as blocky but has no calves and doesn't look like an O contender in a back double biceps.

What's missing today? Again, my opinion, guys generally showed up in better shape, belly problem wasn't as out of control as it is now, and although not everyone but for the most part, top guys all had good backs. You could argue that Nasser didn't have a good back but that's not totally true. The year he was 2nd place, his back did look pretty good. Just not as good as Dorian's. Just my opinion.

The physiques of the 90s were so much better.

The physiques of the 90s were so much better.
For the most part, top placers in big shows back then didn't have many weaknesses at all, if any. Very complete physiques. It was a matter of who showed up in top shape and/or what judges were rewarding more (size/fullness vs. condition). You weren't winning a big show if you didn't look awesome front and back. One other point that I think is worth mentioning is that most of the top 90's guys, many of them started in the mid or late 80's or a few in the early 90's and the ideals of the 70's and 80's were still very much integral. NO ONE had distended bellies in those days and I think they continued this paradigm until the late 90's. I also see so many guys today and many are successful, but they have HUGE delts and small backs. I'm not obsessed with backs or anything but it seems like a glaring difference between a lot of successful pros from today and the past.

I also see so many guys today and many are successful, but they have HUGE delts and small backs. I'm not obsessed with backs or anything but it seems like a glaring difference between a lot of successful pros from today and the past.

Now there is no one who does not have massive shoulders, in the past that was not so common, but they had a more correct ratio between shoulders and back. It was also easy to distinguish the 3 heads of the deltoid, and there were no crazy or fuzzy shapes in that area.

How many guys today look even close to Flex in the Back Double Bi shot? And then to think he never won an Olympia. Yes, today maybe guys have more stage weight but IMO, there is a very noticeable difference in today's physiques when they turn around. If you put any of the top 5 guys from that era in any of today's shows, how do you think they place? I think they win. I'm talking about Levrone, Flex, Ray, Nasser, Real Deal, Dillett (guys who never took an O). More complete physiques in that era and less guts. Kuclo and Walker are complete but look how blocky their midsections look. Ian isn't as blocky but has no calves and doesn't look like an O contender in a back double biceps.

What's missing today? Again, my opinion, guys generally showed up in better shape, belly problem wasn't as out of control as it is now, and although not everyone but for the most part, top guys all had good backs. You could argue that Nasser didn't have a good back but that's not totally true. The year he was 2nd place, his back did look pretty good. Just not as good as Dorian's. Just my opinion.

We've discussed this before in a few threads, but a big reason is today there are so many divisions and they give out more pro cards. Back then you had to be a true genetic elite to win the Nationals or USA's. So on the pro stage you have guys that truly belonged there bringing a package that had everything. If you take some of the current guys and had them compete in those classes 30 years ago they would have never turned pro in the first place.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear