over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnold competing in todays bodybuilding

football101

Registered
If arnold used the amount of drugs todays pros use do you think hed be waay bigger and still be the best? Lets face it he had at 57 inch chest and 22-23 inch arms as well as unmatched calves. Legs and back etc were weak but those bodyparts i mentoined are still unmatched/ at an olympia level to this day IMO. And his measurments are not far off considering that the bodybuilders in the past wernt on the massive dosages todays bodybuilders are on. Put him on what is used today and hed be the best with his crazy traing split and 4 hour plus workouts. Just my opinion

There's no way of knowing bro.

I do think that as we continue to advance technologically as a population(becoming more and more sedintary and obese), that there will be less and less genitically gifted being born in terms of muscles.

Go look at your parents high school year books.....you will see like one maybe two token chubby guys. nothing like what you see today. people used to be active. jobs were physical and if you wanted to socialize with others you actually had to PHYSICALLY engage them in person.....not on FB or text messages lol

So I kinda of believe those guys from the golden era had an edge in terms of genetics

Arnold would rule all! :headbang:

If arnold used the amount of drugs todays pros use do you think hed be waay bigger and still be the best? Lets face it he had at 57 inch chest and 22-23 inch arms as well as unmatched calves. Legs and back etc were weak but those bodyparts i mentoined are still unmatched/ at an olympia level to this day IMO. And his measurments are not far off considering that the bodybuilders in the past wernt on the massive dosages todays bodybuilders are on. Put him on what is used today and hed be the best with his crazy traing split and 4 hour plus workouts. Just my opinion

57 inch chest? 22-23 inch arms?

His arms were measured by Arthur Jones at 19 7/8 with a pump.
http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/Bulletin2/36.PDF

He would get absolutely destroyed in todays genetic pool. He would get destroyed on legs and back and would probably have a tough time cracking the top ten at the Nats or USA's. He would get smoked in the side poses (hamstrings). He would be a guy with big arms and a big chest.....which is a dime a dozen nowadays. The genetic pool is so much deeper nowadays. How is arnold going to stand next to someone like this (Andrew Jemmott) when Jemmott cant even get past 3rd or 4th at the USA's or Nationals......thats how good these guys are now. We are a society that loves to remember people who die young as legends and immortals (even if they shoot themselves in the head or drug overdose) and we put the guys from yesteryear on a pedastal when the truth is .....they were great for their time....but not great for the present time. 1970 track athletes vs today = destroyed. Every single one of the NBA stars of 1970 in todays game? 3/4's of them would get overrun by 6'8" superstars like Lebron and a few would succeed (Baylor, Alcindor, Erving, Hawkins etc)........ its a different game and no longer is it a token few bodybuilders with some of those guys raising to the top.......its 100's of thousands of bodybuilders with freakazoids rising to the top.
Now you want to talk about Sergio being able to compete nowadays? Then I agree with you. But a 6'2" guy with standout arms and chest and alot of weak bodyparts? No way. Take the "im a fan of arnold and the glory bestowed upon him thru pictures" out of the mix and look at the physique compared to todays elite and its an easy discussion.

Attachments

• JB5_8934wtmk_WZWHIFFBBP.jpg
    JB5_8934wtmk_WZWHIFFBBP.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,421
Lots of different sites claiming diff measurments. He stated that he had 22.5 inch arms and a 57 inch chest. Thats what he said. Again if he used what todays bodybuilders used then I think he could be a complete freak. He would lose if he competed the way he looked at his prime now however If if he used gh/slin massive dosses of roids etc which i doubt he used like todays pros i think hed easily be the best in todays society.More of an opion based thread as well because will never really know but we can still speculate.

Agreed, and not to get off topic but Arnold should have never won the '80 Olympia. Mentzer was a lock but politics are a bitch.

Surge Nubret I believe left the ifbb division when competting agaisnt arnold because of politics saying that hed never win so went to to rival organizations. Politics could be a factor or he could of been upset for not winning but i personally do believe their is politics in the sport unfortuantely

Last edited:
DC - I most definitely agree with you when looking at his physique vs todays - The big X-factor is Arnold's incredible focus on his goals and his ability to visualizeand ultimately achieve anything he wants...
I think that were he to compete today - he would attach himself to guru (like you) and would "will" himself to the top... Then again - maybe I am wrong and with today's gene pool he would realize he doesnt have "it" and would have persued other goals...

What I do feel sure of - he wouldnt compete unless he KNEW he could dominate... He has set the stage his entire life...

Arnold has superior genetics so yes I do believe he would have been a major contender in todays game.

Genetics are huge but when you look at the advancment of physiques over the 50's to now from reeves to arnold to jay cutler one thing remains constant every generation uses way more drugs. So as important as genetics are The amount of drugs bodybuilders use keep geting higher. My opinion but maybe its not so much the gentics because all these guys had amazing genetics as it is the amount of drugs that keep getting higer and higher in dosses resulting in bigger and bigger physiques.

Last edited:
Their are those guys that dont use alot and are pros and people who take 10 times more then the pros and come nothing close to the them. As for arnold in todays competetions hed still be a pro just not at the same level.

His competitive nature if he had the goods we have now he would have done well I think.

Everything DC writes is spot on. Arnold would get dominated due to his lack of size and weak bodyparts. The gene pool does advance as we go through time due to numerous factors. In addition to the sheer amount of wanabee bodybuilders today compared to 40 years ago.

However todays bodybuilding is drug warfare and they are all abusing alsorts of stuff they didn't 40 years ago. Sure they abused hormones back then but imo nothing like some do these days. So it's hard to speculate but I personally do think if Arnold blasted gh and insulin etc under proper guidance he could easily be one of the best today. He has amazing shape and genetics. Whilst he would have looked different that overall quality would have been there.

We are can speculate but will never truly know but drugs (more than ever) are what have created the 280 pound bodybuilders of today. Arnold's most important attribute was his overall mentality and desire to win... that combined with improved training, diet and drugs for todays goals I definately think he would be one of the best.

Does anyone realize that Sean Connery was Mr. Universe. Google it, check out the pics. You can see half of your regular guys at a gym in his shape or better.

As time advances, so do methods, techniques and of course "supplements"

Its comparing apples and oranges.

I should add when I referred to Arnold's weak bodyparts I personally meant to todays standards of mass etc. In my eyes Arnold pretty much had the perfect physique and a great balance. I liked his quads like that... not over the top. His whole physique was perfect in my eyes. Just curious but how tall is that Andrew Jemmott. I can't find it online but in that pic he definately looks fairly tall (6ft 2/3 or so).

everything now is just mass not proportion i wanna see jay cutler do a double bicept while doing a stomach vaccum which was required back in the day hell now days frank zanes body looks like a fitness model not what people think when they here bodybuilder with gh the training methods and aas use by todays standards i think arnold would def be competetive

The answer to the OP's question is the same as how many angles can you fit on the head of a pin.

No way to know what never happened

i think arnold and that generation had the items we have of course they would used them.no question.
also arnold was so focused and wanted to be the best ill say he had no problems using more than his peers.no way to know that.but his attitude was such i think he would.

I think if Arnold wanted it...he would still be a force today....he had such full muscle bellies and shape...
Give him all the GH, Slin and SEO's the new crop runs and a SENSIBLE training routine and I'd think we'd have something like a Dennis Wolf but with a better chest and just crazy arms.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws