over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnold expo 2023

massive1975

Registered
Pretty bummed. Looks like all the big supplement companies didn’t show up, I’d say there is only half the fans here also. Not sure if it’s because of what Arnold said a few months ago about fuck your freedoms or what but this is the worst expo I’ve been to since I started going in 97.

That could be the issue. I do know Redcon who was a corporate sponsor for the Arnold said they wasn’t supporting anyone that doesn’t support freedom and America. Axe and sledge was probably the same since Seth is a huge believer in freedom. It’s just weird not seeing the animal cage after all these years. Definitely my last expo if something isn’t done

I'd say it's a sign of the amount of disposable income in America. Everyone is spending all their fun money on food....and only fans lol

That could be the issue. I do know Redcon who was a corporate sponsor for the Arnold said they wasn’t supporting anyone that doesn’t support freedom and America. Axe and sledge was probably the same since Seth is a huge believer in freedom. It’s just weird not seeing the animal cage after all these years. Definitely my last expo if something isn’t done
Universal has undergone some serious, IMO, changes and has discontinued a HUGE amount of their products under some new management from what I have heard from an employee. All I know is my pits are PISSED OFF that Beef Aminos are gone. FTG

Universal has undergone some serious, IMO, changes and has discontinued a HUGE amount of their products under some new management from what I have heard from an employee. All I know is my pits are PISSED OFF that Beef Aminos are gone. FTG
Your armpits are angry ?

what’s that like

I can totally see people not supporting anything with his name on it due to his politics and what he said. A justified response.

Part might be Arnold’s statement (taken completely out of context incidentally) and part of my be the series of investigative articles about all the deaths, the drugs, the coaches recklessly pushing drugs and dangerous diet practices and the abuse of female bodybuilders by the Manions.

Not to mention just how far the most extreme physiques have changed now. People loved Arnold’s physique and wanted to be like that. And they admired Coleman’s physique. Phil Heath looked like the guy on the Gold’s Gym shirts. Now we have guys like Nick Walker that remind people of those “double muscle” cows. It’s just not as appealing to as many people.

All these factors are making the world of bodybuilding competitions something fewer and fewer people are interested in or want to encourage.

Part might be Arnold’s statement (taken completely out of context incidentally) and part of my be the series of investigative articles about all the deaths, the drugs, the coaches recklessly pushing drugs and dangerous diet practices and the abuse of female bodybuilders by the Manions.

Not to mention just how far the most extreme physiques have changed now. People loved Arnold’s physique and wanted to be like that. And they admired Coleman’s physique. Phil Heath looked like the guy on the Gold’s Gym shirts. Now we have guys like Nick Walker that remind people of those “double muscle” cows. It’s just not as appealing to as many people.

All these factors are making the world of bodybuilding competitions something fewer and fewer people are interested in or want to encourage.
If you think the general public were more drawn to Ronnie's physique more than say Samsons and Andrew's, well I have to strongly disagree. Guys the whole general public liking BBing physiques ship sailed in the mid 80's. Show ANYONE in the general public a peak Lee Haney and you will get the same negative reaction you get for Coleman or any other bbing great. The general public thinks guys like Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel and Mark Whalberg are "jacked."

The reason the expo is small is we are STILL recovering from the stupid CV and in case you have not noticed the economy is not exactly roaring. Think Big Bodybuilding's "It's Just Bodybuilding" talked about the cost involved with such booths as the "Animal Cage" as the expo is a union facility and you pay PER POUND to have EVERYTHING at your booth carried from the dock/loading area to your booth spot. Think about the MASSIVE cost involved to bring in that Animal Cage. Universal is also not as healthy of a company now as they were then. I run a supp store and have been on the retail end since 1999. Almost no one under the age of 25 ever asks for Universal/Animal and some have not even heard of the company. No they all want Ghost, Alpha Lion and other such shit. Like I said Universal has massively cut their sku's recently and I just don't think they want to drop the cash on the Arnold.

there is literally no difference in terms of physique from Coleman’s time to now. U think one guy who has a freaky structure (who also happens to be the most popular BBer in the world) is deterring people from the Arnold? Absolutely not.

I feel bad for the some of the male & female athletes that train their asses off and “because of politics” they don’t get full coverage, recognition, and general Crowd for their hard training all year long . Big crowds and having all the sponsors giving out bags, swag , freebies, and non the bodybuilding performances bring a lot more guests, sponsors, and Friends & Family can be help you out and pumps you up for the event. 🙏💪

Max

The expo and the show are completely unrelated as far as I'm aware (which isn't much, lol).
This Arnold was the highest paying ever in terms of prize money for men's bodybuilding. (for an Arnold, not the Olympia)

This info might not be up to date as it could have changed??? The year covid happened and the Arnold was first cancelled the vendors were being screwed over. A some months after the Arnold was cancelled I talked to a friend who owns a supplement company that’s been a vendor for years. As of then (months after the expo didn’t happen) they were not refunded for the booth space and didnt expect to receive. The owner of the company said if they are not refunded, he would never participate again. Again this could have changed as the info is from couple years ago.

99.9%of guys are drawn to CBum's physique over any and all open guys. It just is what it is.I see and talk with guys about this extensively / daily. My statement does not mean that clasisi isbetter than open nor it will overtake it, but, most ugys hate Nick's body aestechitacally, but they love Chris / Dino / Urs / Terrance..

If you think the general public were more drawn to Ronnie's physique more than say Samsons and Andrew's, well I have to strongly disagree. Guys the whole general public liking BBing physiques ship sailed in the mid 80's. Show ANYONE in the general public a peak Lee Haney and you will get the same negative reaction you get for Coleman or any other bbing great. The general public thinks guys like Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel and Mark Whalberg are "jacked."

The reason the expo is small is we are STILL recovering from the stupid CV and in case you have not noticed the economy is not exactly roaring. Think Big Bodybuilding's "It's Just Bodybuilding" talked about the cost involved with such booths as the "Animal Cage" as the expo is a union facility and you pay PER POUND to have EVERYTHING at your booth carried from the dock/loading area to your booth spot. Think about the MASSIVE cost involved to bring in that Animal Cage. Universal is also not as healthy of a company now as they were then. I run a supp store and have been on the retail end since 1999. Almost no one under the age of 25 ever asks for Universal/Animal and some have not even heard of the company. No they all want Ghost, Alpha Lion and other such shit. Like I said Universal has massively cut their sku's recently and I just don't think they want to drop the cash on the Arnold.
nailed it @Ghost all these cats I see it still (and ghost is my nickname where I grew up)

the human sensory system is the lowest form of intelligence, the CNS can make a NASA supercomputer look like a toy.

food for thought

“If you think the general public were more drawn to Ronnie's physique more than say Samsons and Andrew's…”

I didn’t say anything like that or mention them at all. Their physiques are closer to Ronnie’s and Jays than to nick’s and Ramy’s…

Arnold did say what he said about freedom (alienating most of the midwest) and on top of that they removed a bunch of the women's divisions at the show (and even 212 I think?). Why would I go to that? I refused to even buy the webcast for it.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear