over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnold: Why Open Bodybuilding is Dangerous and Classic Physique is the Future

I can't argue with him! I personally enjoyed the classic battle at the Arnold than I did the open.

He could always eliminate the Men's Open from his show if he's that serious about it.

Arnold is rubbish, for a million reasons ... he suppressed 212 and female bodybuilding from his show, he could do the same with open BB or establish drug tests.

That said, being a fan of bodybuilding and unfriendly to the new divisions, I hope this Arnold is just a dark spot ... because with athletes with the look of Nick, Ian or Kuclo ... I won't be follow the sport for much longer time.

Arnold now is not the Arnold we all loved as kids wishing we could look like that. But im not going any further down that rabbit hole.

Bodybuilding is innately dangerous, and roughly the more tissue you hold the more risks accrue. Diuretic miss-use is probably one of the only acute killers of athletes in the sport so being bigger doesn't always mean its more dangerous. Genetically some people will be more or less fine and others will have every side effect you can think of from carrying around large amounts of muscle.

I love open, I love classic, I even really enjoy 212, MP, etc... Open will always be the main draw of the sport. MP had their hype train, classic has theirs for now. But everyone shows up for freaks.

Someone else posted this in another thread. It bears repeating: I wish the announcers knew more about the history of the competitors, etc. It would raise the quality of the broadcast. I get it, it was a free livestream. I'm just nitpicking.

Also, wish the announcers were generally just more encouraging towards the competitors while still critiquing. If you watch old shows in which Lee Labrada announces, it's pure gold. He's all class, insightful, and did the athletes justice while still providing critiques.

Re: Arnold and his show: it's one of the biggest shows obviously. I think it's a shame there's no 212. We are all fans. Shoot, I pull for the bikini athletes. I pull for any athlete that's dedicated to this endeavor. We are all fans of physical culture. We're all in it together. This is our thing and there's room for anyone. I say bring all divisions, clap for others, and appreciate the striving.

I like the culture that the newer guys bring. Beat yourself and clap for others. Fitzwater, Valleire, Labrada, Wilkin, Walker to a point. These guys are just fans of bodybuilding. Anyway, bodybuilding for everyone. Whatever form it takes!

Someone else posted this in another thread. It bears repeating: I wish the announcers knew more about the history of the competitors, etc. It would raise the quality of the broadcast. I get it, it was a free livestream. I'm just nitpicking.

Also, wish the announcers were generally just more encouraging towards the competitors while still critiquing. If you watch old shows in which Lee Labrada announces, it's pure gold. He's all class, insightful, and did the athletes justice while still providing critiques.
I was appalled with some of the things Arnold was saying, especially when Mustafa was out there. I can't remember anyone being that negative toward a competitor announcing ever. We ALL work our asses off to get on a stage, if someone misses they miss....but to rip some like he was with a few of the competitors. That's wrong. So wrong.

Senile...he's the old man that keeps repeating the same story he's told you 5x and you just nod your head along to be polite...if it wasn't his show they'd ignore his existence.

I was appalled with some of the things Arnold was saying, especially when Mustafa was out there. I can't remember anyone being that negative toward a competitor announcing ever. We ALL work our asses off to get on a stage, if someone misses they miss....but to rip some like he was with a few of the competitors. That's wrong. So wrong.
100% agree. Was cringing at some of the comments Arnold made. Nick's up there in his first Arnold, such a big deal. And we're talking about his veins? Talk about that offline. It's interesting, it's human nature to speculate, it's a talking point, I get it, but do it in the appropriate setting. So many better, more uplifting things to talk about. His family, friends, are watching. Let's be positive.

Getting old sucks. Now that he may be losing his mind a little he gets pushed to the side and people are turning on him.
I was so surprised when people stop supporting him because of his comment about COVID or whatever the fuck he said. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, he said his and got crucified for it. But yet freedom of speech is the first amendment.

Pussification of America. Arnold seemed to always be a dick. In pumping iron he was ludacris. It’s his show. If he thinks someone looks like shit he said it. He didn’t tip toe around it. He said what he thought. Props to him for not coddling everyone like we do today. Fucking anti bully bullshit, everyone gets a trophy people need to get tough again.

Pussification of America. Arnold seemed to always be a dick. In pumping iron he was ludacris. It’s his show. If he thinks someone looks like shit he said it. He didn’t tip toe around it. He said what he thought. Props to him for not coddling everyone like we do today. Fucking anti bully bullshit, everyone gets a trophy people need to get tough again.

There's a middle ground and a time and place for everything. If Arnold said some of that shit to my face I'd tell him what the fuck was up real quick.

Would you go to your mother in laws house for Christmas and tell her the turkey tasted like shit? Or shut up and just eat it. Time and place.

Getting old sucks. Now that he may be losing his mind a little he gets pushed to the side and people are turning on him.
I was so surprised when people stop supporting him because of his comment about COVID or whatever the fuck he said. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, he said his and got crucified for it. But yet freedom of speech is the first amendment.

Just like you mentioned, its his opinion. Now people are voicing their opinions on his comments. Its a two way street.

When you say dumbshit with a big audience, you dont just speak willy nilly off the cuff. Or when you do, make sure you arent wearing velcro shoes.

I agree with this point. Arnold has said "If you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything." **EDIT** - NOT GOING THERE!

He also decided that when he was running for governor, he wanted his pictures taken down from Venice Gold's. At the time everyone was making excuses for it but it seems more and more people have turned on him over time when all of what arnold does is consistent with who he is as a person.

Arnold just does what he does in his own best interests and absolutely nothing has changed. I dont agree with most of his decisions but I admire his consistency. He's doing the same to competitors as an announcer now as he used to when he was competing. Arnold gives zero fucks what anyone else thinks. That should be obvious to everyone by now. As an old man he is the same guy I watched in pumping iron except even more accomplished and even more of an american icon. He will never adopt the role of a gandalf the wise type. That's not who he is. If he wanted something and you were in the way he wouldnt think twice about doing whatever was needed to take it from you.

Bill Burr got Arnold right: ""Does anybody here think they could move to Austria, learn their language, get famous for lifting weights, star in their movies, marry their royalty and then get elected to public office?" How many lifetimes would you need?

No, let's not stir this issue again, but freedom of expression has consequences, Arnold is free to speak, others are free to respond, criticize or stop supporting his show.

100% agree. Was cringing at some of the comments Arnold made. Nick's up there in his first Arnold, such a big deal. And we're talking about his veins? Talk about that offline. It's interesting, it's human nature to speculate, it's a talking point, I get it, but do it in the appropriate setting. So many better, more uplifting things to talk about. His family, friends, are watching. Let's be positive.
I did mostly ignore that, but you're right it was also inappropriate. Who gives a shit if he has a 'condition' he looked AWESOME. Personally I think his veins are cool anyway.

Arnold now is not the Arnold we all loved as kids wishing we could look like that. But im not going any further down that rabbit hole.

Bodybuilding is innately dangerous, and roughly the more tissue you hold the more risks accrue. Diuretic miss-use is probably one of the only acute killers of athletes in the sport so being bigger doesn't always mean its more dangerous. Genetically some people will be more or less fine and others will have every side effect you can think of from carrying around large amounts of muscle.

I love open, I love classic, I even really enjoy 212, MP, etc... Open will always be the main draw of the sport. MP had their hype train, classic has theirs for now. But everyone shows up for freaks.
He seems to be about the same from what i can tell. Decades ago i knew him from magazines and films which is not real life. The people i know that hung out with him in the very early 80's at shows. Said he was arrogant and a dick but they thought he was funny.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131