over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnold

slesh

Registered
Let me preface by saying I am incredibly stoned watching Commando.

Is Arnold acrually “the most interesting man in the world”? We obviously talk about him as the 🐐 or at least the reason bodybuilding is what it is today. But man think about everything else this dude accomplished. Comes from another country barley speaking English. Becomes Mr Olympia. Becomes the biggest action movie star of all time. Wins an election to become governor of California. And oh yeah, he married a Kennedy lol.

Is Arnold acrually “the most interesting man in the world”? We obviously talk about him as the 🐐 or at least the reason bodybuilding is what it is today. But man think about everything else this dude accomplished. Comes from another country barley speaking English. Becomes Mr Olympia. Becomes the biggest action movie star of all time. Wins an election to become governor of California. And oh yeah, he married a Kennedy lol.
Bill burr talks about Arnold during this bit, and he touches on that. It’s hilarious.

He's the epitome of The American Dream. No one can deny his work ethic and accomplishments, but he really lucked out on timing.
Is it really lucking out ? Life is a choose your own adventure book so to speak. life unfolded in his favor as he made right decision after right decision
My life would have been so much 'luckier' if I bought more southern California properties during the 'stated income' era
I walked away with one. But others I know are sitting on 10+ and only work a 9-5 in tech just to have something to do.

As Bill Burr mentioned, Arnold has been in the zone for over four decades, what he´s accomplished is mind boggling, regarding being the biggest action movie star of all time, I also thought he would be hard to surpass, but I think Tom Cruise holds that title now.

I really loved Arnold. You’re right. All those accomplishments.

But once he got all political, I kind of stopped liking him as much. And I’ll leave it at that.

Arnold was the man of the times and so many people had to be jealous of him. Look at him now and he still looks sharp for his age!

If memory serves, he trained for 4 years before winning the Mr. Universe.

He's the epitome of The American Dream. No one can deny his work ethic and accomplishments, but he really lucked out on timing.

Is it really lucking out ? Life is a choose your own adventure book so to speak. life unfolded in his favor as he made right decision after right decision
My life would have been so much 'luckier' if I bought more southern California properties during the 'stated income' era
I walked away with one. But others I know are sitting on 10+ and only work a 9-5 in tech just to have something to do.

Luck played a role. Without Pumping Iron, I don't believe he would have been given the opportunity in acting. He had some cultish celebrity and intrigue from those outside the bodybuilding world which served him well. Without the money from the acting I don't know if would have accomplished what he did in real estate and other avenues.

Luck played a role. Without Pumping Iron, I don't believe he would have been given the opportunity in acting. He had some cultish celebrity and intrigue from those outside the bodybuilding world which served him well. Without the money from the acting I don't know if would have accomplished what he did in real estate and other avenues.
Luck and timing are everything and the stars were aligned for Arnold to get into acting and then politics later on.

I grew up with my mom in a single parent home working two jobs and was raised by male “father figures” and at age six Arnold was the first one.

In college I rediscovered him by getting his first book and read it so often I could quote pages by memory. Stopped going to classes and dropped out.

Pumping Iron hadn’t been re released and it was VERY difficult to find VHS copy’s. It became an obsession to try and obtain a copy and got burned more than once sending money off for a copy. I heard it was going to be re released on DVD and got a job at Best Buy so I could get a copy the moment it came off the truck.

Luck and timing are everything and the stars were aligned for Arnold to get into acting and then politics later on.
He put himself in proximity to all the action.
Made all the right decisions once there.
If he didn't make the first step of immigrating to the states, he'd just be another legend of the Austrian countryside.
So I think luck contributed to 5% of his success. It was his foresight and action that led him to where he is today.
If we want to attribute luck to his success, then it wouldn't be at the stage where he landed in the states. I would say luck applies to his genetics.

Re: luck

All that said..
There are reports that he had to take compromising photos/videos to really break through.

Luck always plays a part in life. Elon Musk was lucky those two original dudes at Tesla needed help. Zuckerberg was lucky Sean Parker introduced him to Peter Thiel. Bill Gates was lucky IBM was in a panic and needed an operating system. Every successful person in life had some dumb random luck. That doesn’t mean they aren’t brilliant people who executed on great ideas - but they still had a break here and there. Anyone who tries to argue that is just stupid.

My grandfather is a perfect example. He’s worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Was a brilliant lawyer who started an insurance company and then sold it to KKR. But he’s such a fucking piece of shit he will never acknowledge that luck had anything to do with it. “Everything I have is from hard work and because I was smarter than most people.” Sure that can be true but to deny that things broke his way is why he’s a piece of shit and one of the many reasons I have no relationship with him. He’ll never tell you that the reason his company was so valuable was because my dad flew out to California to license their insurance software to another company that was struggling and my dad suggested they just buy their state license to operate and enter the California market. Well they did and coincidentally around that time Prop 103 came out and any legacy insurance company had to cut rates but new companies came in with whatever rates they want. So in the first year they wrote almost 100 million in premium. But he’ll never tell you that part of the story. Sorry for the long rant but that shit boils my blood. I always acknowledge how lucky I am. I walked into a great company my father built. Yes together we started another successful company, but if I didn’t have the foundation he laid no telling where I’d be and I am incredibly grateful for that.

Luck always plays a part in life. Elon Musk was lucky those two original dudes at Tesla needed help. Zuckerberg was lucky Sean Parker introduced him to Peter Thiel. Bill Gates was lucky IBM was in a panic and needed an operating system. Every successful person in life had some dumb random luck. That doesn’t mean they aren’t brilliant people who executed on great ideas - but they still had a break here and there. Anyone who tries to argue that is just stupid.

My grandfather is a perfect example. He’s worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Was a brilliant lawyer who started an insurance company and then sold it to KKR. But he’s such a fucking piece of shit he will never acknowledge that luck had anything to do with it. “Everything I have is from hard work and because I was smarter than most people.” Sure that can be true but to deny that things broke his way is why he’s a piece of shit and one of the many reasons I have no relationship with him. He’ll never tell you that the reason his company was so valuable was because my dad flew out to California to license their insurance software to another company that was struggling and my dad suggested they just buy their state license to operate and enter the California market. Well they did and coincidentally around that time Prop 103 came out and any legacy insurance company had to cut rates but new companies came in with whatever rates they want. So in the first year they wrote almost 100 million in premium. But he’ll never tell you that part of the story. Sorry for the long rant but that shit boils my blood. I always acknowledge how lucky I am. I walked into a great company my father built. Yes together we started another successful company, but if I didn’t have the foundation he laid no telling where I’d be and I am incredibly grateful for that.
Known some folks like this too. some people's egos are so grand, even a shred of admittance of anything other than their brilliance is some kind of huge blow to them. I've always wondered though, what must've gone wrong for a person to get such a big but delicate ego like that. And then, when people outright deny any luck was involved or that someone else played a part in their success, do they actually believe their own BS or are they in touch enough with reality to know they're not being honest?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws