over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ART, Deep Tissue, Graston

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For anyone who has or still does utilize one of these types of techniques, which would you say is superior in terms of muscle growth? I know for a fact I would benefit from them, but being where I am located, I don't have many options.

I know for one, if/when I foam roll, this causes extreme pain personally.

Just wanted to hear some thoughts and experiences on this, and if so, how often do you try to get one of the three? Weekly? Bi-weekly?

I haven't had any of these done, but I can say that since foam rolling not only have my workouts been better but my day to day life has greatly improved. The pain was excruciating at first (quads) but you come to sort of love it in a twisted way. My patellar tendinitis pain has gone way down, I've been able to really push my leg days that much more. So if you can't afford any of the tissue work you mentioned I would say foam rolling is DEFINITELY worth the investment.

I do the foam rolling 2 to 3 time's per week for my lower back.
It helps me a lot. When I first started. I hated it but after a while
I look forward to it

ART therapy is excellent and I strongly recommend it.

My experience with it is that you only need a session or two to see REAL benefits and do not need an ongoing workup of it (unlike chiropractor). It should be explored if one is considering surgery in a problematic area (shoulder, elbows, ect..).

ART Therapy helped my elbows get better a lot. It took about ten sessions maybe.

If your injury isn't better in 8-12 sessions of ARt with a good ARt therapist its probably not going to get better

Friction massage, deep tissue, many of these you can do on yourself They take meticulous dedication and work and you cant overdo it or it can make it worse.

I do a lot of SMR and voodoo flossing and it definitely helps. The voodoo floss has made a big difference in my arms. Broken up a lot of old scar tissue, cleared up some tendinitis and allowed more room for growth. I'd love to try grad tons though

i don't know which one is superior but I had ART done on my elbows and shoulders, mainly elbows, as I was having bad inner and outer elbow pain, I felt an improvement after the first visit, the first few sessions hurt like a bitch and I would usually be bruised the next but it was worth it, as far as foam rolling I do that a lot, and for sure helps, just a tip if you want to kick it up a couple of notches with the rolling go to home depot and get you a 4inch x 2 ft pvc pre-cut pipe, a foam roller cant hold a candle to it, and it only cost about 8 bucks.

For a while now I've been getting weekly ART, Graston and cupping done. I know for me the combination of these, as well as using a foam roller at home, has allowed me to get back to 'normal' training. Whereas before, I had such bad tendonitis in both my biceps, triceps, and some shoulder issues that it really limited my ability to get a decent workout in.

Donnie Thompsons body tempering. We have four sizes of x wives and he is here this Saturday for a seminar. Great stuff.

I absoloutely love art i think every bodybuilder should be doing it. I get art work done 2 times per month and try to foam roll my body a couple times per week. If you hqve tight pecs with limited rom art can very much help in preventing a pec tear.

i was watching on fb this ifbb pro chick Natalia Coelho getting something called GT technique the other day... it looked like dude was scraping layers off her arm with a butter knife of something :eek: she says it is amazing for the body... looked like she was getting tortured! lmao

Im addicted to ART/graston. Basically fixed my golfers elbow and shoulder impingement in 5-8 sessions. Very painful. You'll question why you're paying someone to do it you.

My insurance doesn't cover it so I'm paying out of pocket which sucks, so I'm currently taking a break from it.

Google active release technique, it'll find a practitioner in you're area.

Im addicted to ART/graston. Basically fixed my golfers elbow and shoulder impingement in 5-8 sessions. Very painful. You'll question why you're paying someone to do it you.

My insurance doesn't cover it so I'm paying out of pocket which sucks, so I'm currently taking a break from it.

Google active release technique, it'll find a practitioner in you're area.

ART definitely works and definitely can hurt :D

Well worth paying out of pocket (I do as well). I was a complete skeptic going into my first ART session, however the quick results, and noticeable improvements in the areas worked on was impressive enough to make me a believer.

I recall my first ART session. I went in for my shoulder, however during our consultation I described everything that ailed me.

The ART guy worked on my ulnar nerve. That shit hurt when he did it, however it improved the symptoms of a 15 year issue that I long ago gave up on (cubital tunnel syndrome).

Definitely worth the $$ and worth your time.

Find a provider here:
ART® Provider Location Search

i was watching on fb this ifbb pro chick Natalia Coelho getting something called GT technique the other day... it looked like dude was scraping layers off her arm with a butter knife of something :eek: she says it is amazing for the body... looked like she was getting tortured! lmao

Ya that's grastons. And it essentially is a butter knife. It helps scrape the fascia away from the muscles and free up bound tissue

I don't think anyone in my area does graston which I'd like to try but I'll give a search for ART and if not for sure can find someone to do deep tissue.

Obviously cost plays a huge role in how often one can get these techniques done, but bi or even tri weekly would be a huge help just in terms of recovery, blood flow, and help relieve tight muscles.

For anyone who has or still does utilize one of these types of techniques, which would you say is superior in terms of muscle growth? I know for a fact I would benefit from them, but being where I am located, I don't have many options.

I know for one, if/when I foam roll, this causes extreme pain personally.

Just wanted to hear some thoughts and experiences on this, and if so, how often do you try to get one of the three? Weekly? Bi-weekly?

ART = Active Release Therapy
Graston = IASTM

You will benefit from all three. Each is different. If you looked up what each is and does you'd figure out what is best for growth.

Graston/IASTM, is the use of metal tools to break up adhesions/scar tissue, increase blood flow to a specific area, release trigger points.

ART, is mainly used on injuries, muscle tears and strains. ART uses the pinch stretch protocol to break down scar tissue and release hypertonic muscles.

Deep tissue, Breaks up adhesions/scar tissue, increases blood flow, releases trigger points, etc..

Best for growth? All 3. None of them are a one and done deal. I use IASTM and Pinch stretch multiple times a week. Deep tissue would be nice, weekly, but that costs a lot.

ART = Active Release Therapy
Graston = IASTM

You will benefit from all three. Each is different. If you looked up what each is and does you'd figure out what is best for growth.

Graston/IASTM, is the use of metal tools to break up adhesions/scar tissue, increase blood flow to a specific area, release trigger points.

ART, is mainly used on injuries, muscle tears and strains. ART uses the pinch stretch protocol to break down scar tissue and release hypertonic muscles.

Deep tissue, Breaks up adhesions/scar tissue, increases blood flow, releases trigger points, etc..

Best for growth? All 3. None of them are a one and done deal. I use IASTM and Pinch stretch multiple times a week. Deep tissue would be nice, weekly, but that costs a lot.

I'm familiar with the benefits of all three, was simply looking for feedback from individuals who have done all three, one, or another and compared.

I'm familiar with the benefits of all three, was simply looking for feedback from individuals who have done all three, one, or another and compared.

If I had to pick just one it would be ART, for me that's been the most beneficial in terms of restoring proper function to the muscles and getting the most out of my training.

They all compliment each other. You should find someone who does all three. Graston has fixed things that deep tissue and art can't.

To answer the OP's question. I get all three done.

I have been getting bi-weekly deep tissue work for years.

I get ART & Grastons when I feel any latent injuries flaring up due to heavier progressive loads or when I experience a new injury.

I would get all three consistently but it comes down to a cost consideration. My insurance does not cover any of them so everything is out of pocket.

However just like training and nutrition, therapy is also a necessary part of growth. If you are not keeping your tissues healthy, pliable and free of adhesion's than you are more prone to injury as you overload.

I also foam roll every day in order to try and replicate the effects of deep tissue and ART work using my own body-weight, but there are certain muscles and their insertion points that make it impossible to load fully using your own bodyweight on a foam roller and that's where a practitioner can really help.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws