advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Article about getting hemoglobin down to donate blood?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I remember long time ago I think it was Dante or maybe MassiveG did a write up about what you can do to extra hydrate yourself so you can donate blood. I tried to donate recently and my hemo was in the 19's so I was too high. I drank 2gallons of water daily for 2days and went back and it was still in the mid 19's. I remember in the article it said to take glycerin as well but I cant remember it all. Thanks

^^^ nobody remembers this? I used to have access to 16g butterfly needles and I could do it on my own. If anyone knows a site where I can find them i'd appreciate it. The biggest I can find online is 19g butterfly's.

read this thread

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/101801-lowering-red-blood-cell-count.html

Bad idea to do your own, read this thread. 19 is really high, mine had been up to around 20 when I had my heart attack about 2 weeks later. What you have to do is get off all the juice and go natural for awhile, or at most go to a true HRT dose of 100-150 mg/wk test cyp if its absolutely necessary that you can cope with being off. Get retested about 2 months of that and then youll have to change the way you have been using steroids or you are facing some real dangers later on.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/101801-lowering-red-blood-cell-count.html

Bad idea to do your own, read this thread. 19 is really high, mine had been up to around 20 when I had my heart attack about 2 weeks later. What you have to do is get off all the juice and go natural for awhile, or at most go to a true HRT dose of 100-150 mg/wk test cyp if its absolutely necessary that you can cope with being off. Get retested about 2 months of that and then youll have to change the way you have been using steroids or you are facing some real dangers later on.
Yes, you have to drop your testosterone/AAS dosage. Mine went from high to normal when I went from 350mg test/week to 150mg test/week.

Large amounts of moderate to high intensity sustained cardio will increase blood volume greatly.

So I dropped my test for 2weeks. I know that isnt long enough but I went into Red Cross yesterday and they did the hemo test. Of course once again im still high.Their machine didnt tell me my exact # though, it just said "high" but to my surprise they still let me donate. The guy seemed confused why it was high so he talked to someone else and they said go ahead let him. So I donated just fine but im sure my hemo is still probably high. Now there is another blood bank I can go to and I want to donate again to get it down but when is it safe to go? Maybe in a week? I dont want my hemo creeping up again so I cant donate at this next one.

What about the places that pay for donations? They might be less concerned with hemo and more concerned with getting your plasma. Just hypothesizing don't really know.

Never looked into those. Im just wondering how long it takes for hemo to start creeping back up after you donate.

hemo

i dont think they checked that when i go. just iron in the blood

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear