over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ARTICLE IN BALTIMORE SUN, and reply

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
The Baltimore Sun article in the 2/19 Sports section-
STEROID USE IN SPORTS MAKES FOR JUICY DEBATE
-gives the rare opportunity to voice opinion on the issue.
Needless to say, I was writting away!
Here we go:

Props to the Baltimore Sun, for having the vision to express a rarely heard side to the steroid issue, and invite response from its readers.

The recent steroid hysteria, which included a spot in the recent State of the Union speech-expressing the ‘dangers’ of steroids and its harm to the public and sports, is completely unfounded in fact. If sports governing bodies choose to ban anabolic steroids in attempt to even a fair playing field, that is their option - when the powers to be in these sports along with player unions decide together for its individual sports-professional or amateur. But for these bodies to attempt to control the media and an entire population and lobby lawmakers, this power move goes to far. Steroids are, by comparison, relatively safe drugs when not abused. Actually even during their so-call abuse great harm has not been shown. Surely no one wants our youth involved, but the current laws have not deterred that. If all these athletes are using steroids to the degree advertised, why aren’t these people dropping like flies, as dangerous as these hormones are reported to be? Or, even suffering serious long term illnesses? Its not as if the usage is a new thing, athletes have been using them since the early 60s, over 40 years ago. The one and only damning, glaring story of the Lyle Alzado death, has been misrepresented. Alzado died of brain cancer, the type being a typical result of AIDS. Alzado‘s claimed cause of terminal illness being a cover-up, to hide the fact he was suffering from a ‘gay’ disease. No steroid will or has caused any type of brain cancer. Fact is only 11 deaths, out of a million users at any one time for decades, can be even indirectly attributed to steroids. Compare that to the shocking average of death by legal liposuction, being 30 per 1000! The majority of steroid users use them for cosmetic reasons also - to gain a little strength and muscle, thereby improving their physique. And these are the people paying the legal price for the recent ‘reefer-madness’ like hysteria about steroids now, and their barbaric laws-not the pro athletes. The therapeutic uses - as a valuable anti aging aid, and waste disease prevention (among other uses) - far outweigh the so-called dangers. Being lower HDL levels, liver function ‘alterations’ (not yet determined to be dangerous), hair loss and altered estrogen levels-most of which are preventable with educated, intelligent use and monitoring. But physician monitored use can not be achieved within the current legal confines. These laws were made, again, to appease the sports (Olympic) powers. A knee jerk reaction to the Ben Johnson steroid scandal in the 1988 Olympics. Thus the resulting Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990, pushed through DESPITE the testimonial vehement objections (look it up!) of the actual experts - the DEA, FDA, AMA, and the National Institute of Drug Abuse. And still, the sports governing bodies control the laws, with no basis in medical fact. And how many professional athletes are paying the legal price from these laws? None-the average gym enthusiast-who works hard, eats right, strives to lead a ‘clean’ life, and is representing a cross section of American Pie, will be raided and jailed due to these unfair laws. The laws legally lump and classify steroids with Schedule III drug such as LSD, Barbiturates, amphetamines, opiate narcotics. While smoking, drinking, are killing millions. And dangerous procedures for the typical lazy Americans like liposuction, breast enhancement, plastic surgery are done legally and applauded. Ever see ‘Extreme Makeover‘? The person is obese and looks horrible. They undergo a risky operation (usually several) and come out looking like they were assaulted by an 18-wheel Mack Truck! And then often suffer severe medical reactions during the long healing process. But then the show their new selves, if the live to do so, to their loved ones - and everyone is happy and cheering. How wonderful! But the hard working fitness lover, risks a ruined and scorned life of jail and humiliation. All to appease the fat-cat sport governing bodies. This must stop! The most harmful effect from steroid usage is, by far, the unfair legal repercussions! Let the sports have their regulations-but limit their power to the sports they regulate, and stop imposing their moralities and ethics on the average person who wishes to improve their physique.

Thank you again, Baltimore Sun, for the opportunity to show another side to the otherwise over-hyped steroid issue.
To further urge them to print my commentary I followed up-

CONTACT US:

Please note my submission of opinion on the Article in the 2/19 Sports section about Steroid Use in Sports. I implore you to print my commentary-and I thank you for the opportunity to voice my knowledge. I have studied performance enhancing drugs and endocrinology, along with many related sports sciences, for 20 years. I have written articles in major publications (Muscular Development), a significant portion of the ground breaking book by Rick Collins-LEGAL MUSCLE (please read!), and commentary in many magazines and online publications concerning the anabolic steroid issue. I am currently a Personal trainer for Ballys Fitness. Thank you again and I look forward to reading my commentary Tuesday, and hopefully further opportunity to voice educated editorial.

Hope its published-I'll follow up with report if so.

Good letter MikeS! Hopefully Dr. William Howard over at Union Memorial will see it and respond as well. (He is Dr. that is pro-anabolic)

MIKE S

thank you for sharing a very educational article. I just wish more people would understand.

Thanks for sharing, Mike..As usual, you are at the forefront of this (so-called) debate and I appreciate and applaud your efforts. Take care, bro..

-slide

"You're the MAN!"

Another great job MikeS! Thanks for all you do

xcel

Last edited:
Make a fair playing field? I think taking AAS is sports are letting guys catch up to that "even field" because 95% of them are all ready taking AAS

Good work MikeS! Very well written also. Cjay

Lyle Alzado death

I read it was brain cancer caused by use of the early version on Gnorm Growth Hormone that was extracted from pituitary gland of cadavers.

Awesome bro....AWESOME!

Mike S

Bro...

Submitted numerous similar articles to Chicago Trib, And Chicago Sun-Times(the more liberal paper)...nothing, response ..nothing. Maybe you are magic...try submitting to all major papers.

We think that our word doesn't matter...

...but, it has been reported that there are millions and millions of steriod enthusiast(I don't like to say USERS) in the country and if we all stand up do you think they will just say 'FUCK THEM'? We are voters, businessmen, lawyers,doctors, congressmen, military, law enforforcement agents etc that can make them think twice. When is last time you saw a gear user on the streets begging for change so they can buy another bottle of deca? Sounds stupid but, if they like putting us in same catagory as drug users I will use those stupid analogies.

RY

Re: Lyle Alzado death

Johnny Bravo said:
I read it was brain cancer caused by use of the early version on Gnorm Growth Hormone that was extracted from pituitary gland of cadavers.

John-that was another rumor that went around. Heres the real story. The old cadaver-gh extract was capable of containing a rare but extremely deadly pathogen CJ, or Jakobs Crutzfeldt. This pathogen caused a condition alike encepholitis, nothing comparable to brain cancer, except for the fact it effectts the same organ.

Even it the gh were the cause (and as you see it wasnt)-it would be the fault of the hormone. It would be simple contamination.

Re: "real story"!?

Johnny Bravo said:
where you get your info from?

I dont need to get it from someone, because I am educated in sciences like this-to me its part of my general knowledge. And I dont mean to brag or show you up, thats not what Im getting at. Ive spent alot of time studying stuff like this, as Im sure you have the areas of knowledge you hold strong. I shouldnt need to qualify-but since you ask,

Alzados cause of death:
**broken link removed**

Cause of death from tainted gh:
http://www.frsa.com/creutz.html

Not at all the same as you see.
Thanks SUP1 (and the rest of the bros for your compliments); sorry I missed your call the other night. We will talk soon Im sure. :D

oh yeah I forgot

you educated yourself in sciences. I guess my years in college dont match up with your knowledge..my fault. Should have known better:rolleyes:

John, I dont think I was being a smart ass. So why are you?

I proved my point as you asked me to-and thats that, so why are you continuing to nitpick and argue?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131