advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Artificial sweeteners , good , bad indifferent?

I think you're a fucking crook and my sarcasm is clearly lost on you. Leaky gut is NOT a recognized diagnosis in most states nor is there any clinical evidence sweeteners have determent to the healthy population.

BOOM. You took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks for being so fucking honest.

I use LIQUID splenda simply cause I don't like maltodextrin that's used in the powder version.

But the studies on rats, FUCK, they give them such a retarded high dose that no human is going to consume. So in moderation I believe you are OK using artificial sweetners.

Hell water is bad for you in super high amounts :-0

I can only speak for myself but when I pound the diet soda I have massive cravings for sweets. When I swapped all the diet soda for water all the cravings went away.

I can only speak for myself but when I pound the diet soda I have massive cravings for sweets. When I swapped all the diet soda for water all the cravings went away.

Same... Crystal Light for me. I know that it increases cravings but damn it I love the stuff. Concord Grape FTW

Same... Crystal Light for me. I know that it increases cravings but damn it I love the stuff. Concord Grape FTW
Crystal light and other powdered drinks usually have maltodextrin in them and that is what MAY be causing your sugar cravings.

Crystal light and other powdered drinks usually have maltodextrin in them and that is what MAY be causing your sugar cravings.

Yea, I always count a serving as two grams of carbs if I'm really watching carb count closely.

Do you have a favorite drink, or do you stick with water?

Yea, I always count a serving as two grams of carbs if I'm really watching carb count closely.

Do you have a favorite drink, or do you stick with water?
I drink diet soda or diet tea. Mostly I try and drink water.

Brooooooooo.... Concord Grape is the BEST!..... When i get in prep mode i switch to the liquid which is 0 calories.... Tropical Coconut is awesome....

On another note... i know quite a few Pros that use artificial sweeteners all through prep... it was a concern of mine for a while cuz i love my coffee and have to have Stevia..... but ALL told me they saw no difference in how they looked .... I drink a TON of coffee so for me it stays in ALWAYS

I love artificial sweetners and will continue to consume them. They make my diet a whole lot easier.

Out of all the things most people on these boards use for “bodybuilding” I feel artificial sweeteners are wayyyyyyy down low on the list of “harmful” or causing “adverse effects”.

My opinion, if you are that anal to the point of worrying about them causing negative health consequences, maybe you should worry about steroid use first.

Out of all the things most people on these boards use for “bodybuilding” I feel artificial sweeteners are wayyyyyyy down low on the list of “harmful” or causing “adverse effects”.

My opinion, if you are that anal to the point of worrying about them causing negative health consequences, maybe you should worry about steroid use first.

Haha, great point! Like someone who eats burgers and Chinese food all day but their biggest worry is the diet Coke...

Haha, great point! Like someone who eats burgers and Chinese food all day but their biggest worry is the diet Coke...
If only I had a dollar for every fatty that tells me how bad my diet coke is.................

If only I had a dollar for every fatty that tells me how bad my diet coke is.................

Takes every fiber of my being to not be a complete smartass, but I typically refrain. Typically lol. Another favorite is people seeing me eat eggs and telling me how bad they are for my cholesterol. I have started responding with, "really? My blood work looks great, how does yours look?"

Splenda doesnt spike my sugar.

But it does make me hold a lil bit of extea water during prep

Exactly.

I am all about monk fruit. Very hard to use any other sweetener after you have used monk fruit (Not the cut Lakanto stuff either, Im talking pure 100% monk fruit powder). I carry it in my cars so when i go out to eat..I put it in empty cinnamon powder spice shakers and sprinkle it on my oatmeal, ice tea, etc. ....a tiny bit (pure powder) goes a long way. Tastes better than sugar or any other sweetener in my opinion. Great stuff.

Used to drink turkey hill diet ice tea. Cut it out completely. Guess i need to just suck it up. No more splenda... Reminds me of all the fkn sun screen i put on my white skin during hrs on ranges or doing ops. Shit was more lethal then the sun. Buddy used to home brew some protection. He was ahead of the times. Great topic though. Appreciate it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws