YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

As uve gotten bigger, have u felt better or still notice your size?

thatbloke

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
just a question that crossed my mind

this is aimed for more the guys with a already developed physiques, few cycles under there belt, blast/cruising etc, not guys who have cyled 1-2 times in there life

my question is:

Disregarding the times of your first few cycles where u felt ontop of the world as u exploded in size,
as youve continued to cycle and use other substances, larger doses, and gotten bigger have u actually felt better? or actually noticed how much bigger youve gotten? im nto saying uve noticed people, im saying when you look in the mirror do you actually see how big you really are?

im sure we all remember how good we felt our first few cycles where we couldnt get over how much bigger we were getting, took some pics and thought we were massive, and prob look back on them today and luagh at how small we still were lol

but these days wen u get bigger do you actually feel much better or notice it?

i was in the gym today, and noticed that although im at my biggest ever, id say the last 15 pounds of muscle ive put on i dont really notice and i cannot tell if im actually bigger, i still feel i look the same but can tell wen i stand next to someone that this is obviously not the case

do others experience a similar feeling? i know alot of us say bigger is better, but do any fo yous actually feel better or notice anymore how much bigger you are then the average man?

Last edited:
all I noticed is how smaller the average man looks next to me....:)

all I noticed is how smaller the average man looks next to me....:)

Yes, others gradually look smaller but i never look bigger:mad:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I still feel like I look small, but everyone tells me how big I am. I guess it helps to have people tell me that, otherwise, I would continue to underestimate myself all the time.

I'm by no means a mass monster like you guys, but here's what be noticed. The bigger and leaner I get, the less I feel improvements. I remember what it felt like to "blow up" on cycle. I think what created that feeling though was the "two steps forward, one step back" of cycling and coming off. Now that I blast and cruise, the gains feel more incremental, but I don't lose on the cruise...

Psychologically, I still feel small. I am 6'3" and hover between 246-251 throughout the day. So I know based on height I need to be much bigger.

However I do physically notice my size in the mirror at certain angles. I notice it when I have an itch and can't reach it (back and rear delts), getting into my car. I'm 41 and I also notice the aches and pains much more frequently.

Some days I feel great. But that will quickly change to feeling tired and broken down. My sleep patterns have a big influence there.

I'm 250+ in pretty solid shape and veiny through the arms/chest/shoulders and still constantly ask my wife "do I look like I lift?"...she thinks I'm insane. I honestly don't see it. It's to the point where I don't take off my tshirt as to not disappoint everyone expecting me to be jacked.

They all say I'm insane and that I am indeed 'jacked'...which keeps my shirt on even more. I'll cut down to 230-235 and feel way too small to be noticed. It's a rough cycle.

this is a really intresting question youve asked here thatbloke......i have recently found myself noticing the difference between me and the average joe......but strangely enough it dosnt "feel" any different really. actually i am in a contstant state of surprise at my current physiqe. i look at myself and say "wow,thats a big change" and then forget about it until i look at myself again the next time.in all fairness though,i have been about 10lb heavier than i am now,so im not at my largest.i do feel i am at my best looking though. what do you mean by "do you feel better"?

I've been off for a while due to life situations and am just now getting back into a routine. But I always used my clothes as an indicator. I knew I was growing when I couldn't fit into certain pants and shirts anymore.

I always think others are bigger, or have bigger arms, traps, delts, pecs, etc.

I hafta be the doof flexing just a little in the mirror to get accurate comparisons in my mind lol

But if someone shows me a pic on they're phone of some stupid activity I got caught in I'll notice it lol, but always feel small for whatever silly reason.

6'3" ~250 guessing 12-15%, maybe closer to 12 ( I hope lol )

I do notice that favorite tshirts from last year feel tighterin the right spots, and some hsve shrunk too much to wear and be "that guy" :D

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Looking in the mirror I'm constantly thinking that I'm small and soft. I have to stand next to some dude in the gym to get my bearings and see that I'm actually much bigger and more defined. People are always talking about how much I must lift at work, but I always don't see that when I'm looking at just myself.

When someone takes a pic of me and I look at it, I can see it, but how come I don't see it when looking at just myself in the mirror. Has to be something in my brain saying that I'm just looking at my plain ol self in mirror why I can't see it.

BIG fish in a SMALL pond

feel better? NO.

Look better? Well, my wife just talks about my big ass, not my big biceps.

However....when I am in the gym, get totally pumped

peel down to a tank top the last 10 minutes of my workout

then I realize that everyone else is training and I am what they want to look like

(at least in my gym....I am 'the big fish' in a small pond....haha!)

Do I feel good then? YES.

You can find a load of pics on me in another forum....just drop the '007' from my nickname. I am new here on PM so just gettin' it rollin!

Nah I actually feel much more happy with my size at 200lb or so nice and lean than at 250lb (still had abbs at 250lb) at 5ft8. Only in the eyes of other extreme bodybuilders is being super huge cool...to every one else you're simply an idiot.

Now if you lack intelligence (like a lot of bb do) you will never realize how other people actually view you and in your mind they think you look awesome. But if you're of average or above average intelligence you can see how average people look at you and you realize it is actually a social hinderance to be so large.

At 6' 255 lbs I'm pretty decent(got pics in pic section). Everybody talks about my size but I have such a complex I won't even wear a tank top to the gym cause I feel small and puny.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Looking in the mirror I'm constantly thinking that I'm small and soft. I have to stand next to some dude in the gym to get my bearings and see that I'm actually much bigger and more defined. People are always talking about how much I must lift at work, but I always don't see that when I'm looking at just myself.

When someone takes a pic of me and I look at it, I can see it, but how come I don't see it when looking at just myself in the mirror. Has to be something in my brain saying that I'm just looking at my plain ol self in mirror why I can't see it.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

It's actually refreshing to hear that I'm not the only one who feels small, yet my friends and family say I'm huge...well, when compared to the avg Joe at the grocery store....lol! I'm no mass monster either - 5'10", 220 lbs w/ decent abs.

The sense of being small probably goes deeper than most of us realize. The one good thing about it is that it helps to push harder in training and diet. My goal is to hit 240 lbs in the next 2 years, but I'm pretty sure that will go up to 260 lbs as soon as I get there :D

i think the nature of this game attracts people who have a tendency to see themselves as smaller than they are

I still feel like I look small, but everyone tells me how big I am. I guess it helps to have people tell me that, otherwise, I would continue to underestimate myself all the time.

I'm usually the big guy, but when I recently went to the Arnold and stood next to a 6'5 400lb power lifter, I wasn't shit.

Lol maybe if I stop watching WWE and movies with The Rock I would feel bigger...

Don't know his stats but watching Ryback monday nights gets me all kinds of excited!!

No homo!!!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam