over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ashwagandha

never heard of Ashawandha, is that some type of new hybrid or something?!

In a small dosage it helped my stress and anxiety. However in a high dosage of 2100mg from the jump , it gave me bad side effects.

I like 600-1600mg daily . Seems to help and allows me to skip my Xanax dosage

for some reason that stuff makes me jittery and nervous ..

It’s doing the opposite for you like Adderall (stimulant) that is prescribed to ADHD and other conditions to calm them down.

never heard of Ashawandha, is that some type of new hybrid or something?!

She meant Ashwagandha. I corrected the spelling in the title. If I didn't have auto-complete, I'd never spell it right either lol.

This is just my personal experience, but I did not like the feeling it gave me. I have very stressful schedule right now, so I decided to add some Ksm-66 to my supplement list. It made me feel very dull after a while... I can see how it has a calming effect, but it made me feel slightly sluggish. I have friends that swear by it, and they love it. I'm sure everyone is different though!!!! I can say I did have some very deep/good sleep while I was on it after a while.

I prefer sensoril over ksm. I feel like I feel better on that.
Himalaya's Ash is the bomb, too, you know, same company as the Liv52, they know the deal with these ayurvedic medicinals

Himalaya's Ash is the bomb, too, you know, same company as the Liv52, they know the deal with these ayurvedic medicinals
I’ve used many times. It’s solid and def reputable. I just finished himalaya’s Ash last month.

Here is a more recent study on ashwagandha.

FullStudy:

Abstract​

Background. The global prevalence of stress is increasing. Stress adversely affects cognitive ability, sleep quality, and overall psychological well-being. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal), an essential medicine in Ayurveda, is reportedly beneficial in reducing stress and improving memory. This double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study evaluated the effect of Ashwagandha root extract sustained-release capsule 300 mg (Prolanza™; hereafter Ashwagandha SR) on cognitive functions, stress levels, sleep quality, overall well-being, and safety in stressed subjects. Methods. Subjects (130 healthy cognitively sound adults [20–55 years, body mass index:18–29 kg/m2]) having a Perceived Stress Scale (PSS) score of 14–24 were randomized to receive either Ashwagandha SR or placebo. Subjects took one capsule of Ashwagandha SR or placebo daily for 90 consecutive days. This study was registered on Clinical Trials Registry-India (CTRI) on 13/11/2019 [number: CTRI/2019/11/021990]. The primary endpoint was the change in cognitive function as measured by CANTAB from baseline to the end of the study period (90 ± 7 days). The secondary outcomes included the change in PSS-10 score, serum cortisol level (9–11 am), the OHQ score, the PSQI, and serum BDNF levels. Results. Only 125 completed the study and were evaluated. The Cambridge Neuropsychological Test Automated Battery (CANTAB) reported significantly improved recall memory, and the total error rate in recalling patterns significantly decreased at visit 4 in the Ashwagandha SR group vs. the placebo group (first attempt memory score:12.9 ± 6.7 vs. 10.1 ± 6.3; total errors:17.5 ± 23.3 vs. 27.7 ± 23.6). At visit 4, lower PSS-10 score (13.0 ± 5.0 vs. 18.7 ± 4.6; ), serum cortisol levels , and Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI) score but higher Oxford Happiness Questionnaire (OHQ) scores were seen in Ashwagandha SR vs. the placebo group, suggesting significantly lower stress levels and significantly better psychological well-being and sleep quality in the former. No adverse events were reported. Conclusions. This is the first clinical study assessing Ashwagandha SR for its safety and efficacy. Treatment with one Ashwagandha SR capsule once daily for 90 days improved memory and focus, psychological well-being, and sleep quality, reduced stress levels, and was safe and well-tolerated.

I've always known it to be a great adaptogenic herb. Reduces stress-related inflammation, relaxes, calms the CNS, etc. And then I see this post today. Doubt that this supposed natty bb'er can claim that Ashwagandha made him jacked. Thoughts? Screenshot_20220604-221525_Instagram.jpg

Just ordered some ksm-66 and sensoril. Going to test both out this coming week and see what results I get from each one.

I started the KSM66 some time back and now I'm on my 3rd bottle. I like the stuff personally. Very restful sleep. I usually dose it up heavily before my last PWO meal. And then am much more chill the rest of the day.

Ashwaganda calms the mind, lowers high cortisone I take it 3x day. I take it in the evening with 1mg liquid melatonin, ZMA and L Theainine. Too much melatonin can disrupt deep sleep. It's worked for me. I know the stress of running your own business. I was on prescribed anxiety and sleep mess. But I couldn't think clearly or quickly. And in my business it's nessacary.

I can personally vouch for this effect(assuming quality company and extract.)

I used to use Ash without issues for years. Now anything with ash and I feel like death warmed over, as I do with anything that lowers cortisol. I do not think the effect is extreme in anyway for "regular" folks I am simply hyper-sensitive to anything that lowers cort.

I think ash can be incredibly versatile and encourage people to try before resorting to stronger options for stress, anxiety and relaxation.

Since I had a terrible recovery time from one of my surgeries, it through my sleep schedule totally off. Being a small business owner, it's already a challenge during certain times to sleep. Some nights I take the generic Benadryl, but I really hate taking it because it makes me hard to wake up. I call it the Benadryl hangover. I will take Melatonin. It's actually the Vitamin Shoppe Sleep aid that has a combination of ingredients. The nurse practitioner at my doctors office suggested that I take Ashawandha (Goli) and that it will help with stress and other symptoms. I'm on my second month and it seems to be working. Maybe it's psychology, but at this point I'm just glad to be sleeping more.

Anyone taking it? What has your experience been?
I dig it and most other adaptogenics, you could throw in Kava kava and or Valerian tea or capsules. I take tryptophan if I wake up and can’t fall back asleep as I’m already on valium for ptsd, stay away from drugs I’ve been on valium over a decade and tapering off over a year now it’s not worth taking.

I realize y'all are discussing this in regard to the effect on sleep, but since this is a bodybuilding forum, I will add that I took it for the first time while well into a contest prep after reading about it in Be Your Own Bodybuilding Coach, and within a week I went from feeling like I was deep in a prep, to not prepping at all - just normal. If I ever compete again, I will definitely include it.

anyone experience side effects such as depression, low energy, lack of motivation ?
Never….I’ve been using it on and off for the last five years. I can truly tell when I’ve been off. It’s not some kind of miracle supplement where you can pop it and everything will turn around and make you feel like a champ.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131