advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aspirin regimen or alcohol to thin blood?

Cracker69

Registered
Just curious to see experiences with incorporating low dose aspirin as you've gotten older to help prevent blood clots and/or heart attack, especially with the use of hormones. I've also considered instead, just consuming low to moderate amounts of alcohol since it has the added benefit of not only making the platelets less sticky like aspirin does, but small amounts of alcohol, such as one beer every night, has been shown to increase hdl cholesterol. While aspirin has the increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding. Thoughts?

Personally leaning towards the alcohol, since it seems like every centenarian out there says they have a beer a day or add a little Jim Beam to their coffee every morning. I think either would probably be beneficial for older guys using hormones though.

I've been on the Aspirin regimen for nearly 10 yrs.
160 mgs daily A.M with coffee, carnitine and HGH. sometimes Ephedrine.
Just started This Gerd thing! Stomachs been Cast Iron my whole life.
Seems to get worse with any Pro-Hormone or Methyl steroids
If Drinking, take the day off from Aspirin...
Seen a new study that your twice as likely to get Pancreatic cancer from an Aspirin regimen?
My start the drinking or EOD on Aspirin as it is in your system 5 days after dosing?
Obviously Red Wine would be the Best but a beer or two and a Shot of Tuaca is more my Style!

I've been on the Aspirin regimen for nearly 10 yrs.
160 mgs daily A.M with coffee, carnitine and HGH. sometimes Ephedrine.
Just started This Gerd thing! Stomachs been Cast Iron my whole life.
Seems to get worse with any Pro-Hormone or Methyl steroids
If Drinking, take the day off from Aspirin...
Seen a new study that your twice as likely to get Pancreatic cancer from an Aspirin regimen?
My start the drinking or EOD on Aspirin as it is in your system 5 days after dosing?
Obviously Red Wine would be the Best but a beer or two and a Shot of Tuaca is more my Style!

Same here with the Gerd. Stopped orals a while back. Tren gives it to me whenever I go over 15mg a day, but found if I use 5 grams of glutamine two or three times a day, it cuts it down considerably, and a half tsp of baking soda thrown into my mouth and washed down with water if it flares up briefly. I've also been using caffeine and ephedrine since about 1997. Still blast and cruise. Yeah the aspirin just seems like the risk increases the older you get, but one or two beers a day sounds more fun anyway.lol

After reading some of the down sides of aspirin recently I quit taking it after using it for probably 15 years. I have other options then aspirin. I like it's anti cancer benifits. But the types of cancer that it seems to work on are the ones I am very unlikely to get.

I think 1 drink a day is fine for a healthy person, but of course the trick is to not let it become more. Bodybuilders are mostly very regimented, so if you treat it like just another supplement then it's good. I personally now have 1 glass of red wine EOD at most. I cant have it every day because it slows the metabolism of my warfarin. My cardiologists dont have a problem with 1 a day, and I've got heart failure.

Take a ¼-½ teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (on empty stomach) prior to taking your ASA. Momentarily increasing systemic pH with sodium bicarbonate will help with excreting renal salicylate, limiting reabsorption. Then take another ¼-½ teaspoon 4-5 hrs post ASA/glycine.

Take a few grams of glycine with your ASA. The adjuvant use of glycine with ASA lessens the possibility of gastrointestinal issues, as well glycine can aid in reduction of platelet aggregation.

Nattokinease keeps my blood smooth and silky 😐

When I had blood test done before an operation my clotting factor was actually a bit too low.
My RBC last check was 560 and Ht 54.4

I recently had to go to the ER twice in the same week with severe stomach pain and the 2nd time they did a gastroscopy and I had 3 big stomach ulcers that the gastroenterologist said was almost certainly because of the baby aspirin I've been taking. (and I had only been taking that for 2 years prior) So I quit it altogether.

I recently had to go to the ER twice in the same week with severe stomach pain and the 2nd time they did a gastroscopy and I had 3 big stomach ulcers that the gastroenterologist said was almost certainly because of the baby aspirin I've been taking. (and I had only been taking that for 2 years prior) So I quit it altogether.
I had that intestinal bleed and I'm also on coumadin. Dr. took me off of the aspirin. It can cause trouble. We dont know for sure what caused my bleed but the aspirin didnt help me enough to justify using it. The coumadin should be enough. Note, nobody should ever take coumadin unless your doctor tells you to please.

Yeah, I think that settles it for me. I'll use aspirin as needed for headaches periodically because I dont like tylenol, but for the less sticky platelets, increase in hdl, and general longevity, I think I'm just gonna buy a 6 pack of whatever light beer and have one every night with dinner. Only about 100 calories. May seem silly, but I think it's especially important when using hormones that can increase your risk of clots/stroke/heart attacks and is better than long term aspirin use.

I was in the ER last July with non stomach related, issue with my arm...They gave me high dose motrin and about a week later I almost bled to death from an ulcer. My hemoglobin went from 16 to 8.

Yeah, I think that settles it for me. I'll use aspirin as needed for headaches periodically because I dont like tylenol, but for the less sticky platelets, increase in hdl, and general longevity, I think I'm just gonna buy a 6 pack of whatever light beer and have one every night with dinner. Only about 100 calories. May seem silly, but I think it's especially important when using hormones that can increase your risk of clots/stroke/heart attacks and is better than long term aspirin use.
Again I have been on this for 10yrs...Plus Love Orals and now All these Mythl injectables!
Seems Maybe even MK, Gw and others May be Culprit as Well!

I was in the ER last July with non stomach related, issue with my arm...They gave me high dose motrin and about a week later I almost bled to death from an ulcer. My hemoglobin went from 16 to 8.
Dang, you lost more blood than I did! I went from 16 down to 10. Did they give you a transfusion of blood? They told me they wouldn't do me unless I got down to 10. I have heart failure so I qualify at a higher value. Not sure how low someone without heart failure has to get.

Dang, you lost more blood than I did! I went from 16 down to 10. Did they give you a transfusion of blood? They told me they wouldn't do me unless I got down to 10. I have heart failure so I qualify at a higher value. Not sure how low someone without heart failure has to get.

I did not want it, they transfuse at 9 where I was. I had one of those tubes from my nose pumping my stomach. By the time they placed it I was no longer bleeding profusely, they had given me IV protonix as well. They actually diagnosed another medical issue I had which ended up being an even scarier thing. 2019 was not fun. I don't post here much but I'm familiar with some of your situation as well, you haven't had a fun time either.

I did not want it, they transfuse at 9 where I was. I had one of those tubes from my nose pumping my stomach. By the time they placed it I was no longer bleeding, they had given me IV protonix prior as well. I was terrified and not thinking rationally at all at the time. They actually diagnosed another medical issue I had which ended up being an even scarier thing. 2019 was not fun lol.
It is scary losing that much blood. I figure I probably lost a bit over 1 liter. Mine all came out my ass, in big bloody steams. Shot out like the exorcist. When done id look into the toilet and feel like there goes my life force. I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker. The hospital messed around we me too long and let me bleed. I was in there for 5 days. Im on coumadin so bled a lot. Did you end up coughing up blood or did it all come out your other end like mine did? Yours would have been mostly black when it came out in the toilet, or was it bright red like mine?

Once in the hospital it seems like things really start going wrong. So many patients have the experience you did where you find out you have something else even more wrong with you. My father in law was in for surgery with diverticulitis and after the surgery he had a heart attack. They did an angiogram and he had 5 coronaries that were mostly blocked! Its a miracle he was walking around with no symptoms. He needed quintuple bypass surgery. Sometimes having stuff like that discovered in the hospital is a blessing, and being in there for the original reason was worth the suffering. I think my father in law could have had a much worse heart attack and died if the blockages weren't discovered like that. He was in in hospital too when he had the heart attack so response time was as good as it gets.

It is scary losing that much blood. I figure I probably lost a bit over 1 liter. Mine all came out my ass, in big bloody steams. Shot out like the exorcist. When done id look into the toilet and feel like there goes my life force. I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker. The hospital messed around we me too long and let me bleed. I was in there for 5 days. Im on coumadin so bled a lot. Did you end up coughing up blood or did it all come out your other end like mine did? Yours would have been mostly black when it came out in the toilet, or was it bright red like mine?

Once in the hospital it seems like things really start going wrong. So many patients have the experience you did where you find out you have something else even more wrong with you. My father in law was in for surgery with diverticulitis and after the surgery he had a heart attack. They did an angiogram and he had 5 coronaries that were mostly blocked! Its a miracle he was walking around with no symptoms. He needed quintuple bypass surgery. Sometimes having stuff like that discovered in the hospital is a blessing, and being in there for the original reason was worth the suffering. I think my father in law could have had a much worse heart attack and died if the blockages weren't discovered like that. He was in in hospital too when he had the heart attack so response time was as good as it gets.

That sounds right. In my experience 450mls of blood donation drops my hemoglobin 3 points (When I'm fully hydrated). I wasn't feeling 'good' for maybe 8 hours prior. Then I started feeling really unwell whilst watching tv with my parent, went to use the bathroom noticed black stools then vomitted coagulated bright red blood again and again. I had to sit down and my vision started going black...I really thought I was going to die.
My parent personally thought it was a blessing even though it was traumatic because the other thing they found would have killed me. I'm sorry to hear your Father in law had to go through all that. That's a lot in any amount of time but all at once.... I'm glad it turned out as well as it could have.

Nattokinease keeps my blood smooth and silky 😐

When I had blood test done before an operation my clotting factor was actually a bit too low.
My RBC last check was 560 and Ht 54.4

How much are you taking a day? I take 100mg a day, which is probably too low.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws