over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aspirin

I think John Meadows mentioned that they immediately gave him 3-4 Aspirins in the ambulance. I think he mentioned they were the standard strength 325mg, but I may be wrong and would have to look it up. I imagine it varies a little like stewie mentioned.

I'll let everybody know what they do with me once I have my MI:D Wait.....:eek: lol

I usually take a baby aspirin EOD when I remember....usually at night. I know there was some recent research showing Asp may not be needed, but the stuff costs like $3 at walmart and i'd rather take it until further research comes down the pipeline. It also has colorectal benefits in regards to cancer.
Yes, they give you standard strength aspirin and not baby. It was multiple tablets but i cant remember how many.

As I noted above...it isn't so much about the thinning of the blood. It is about the aggregation of platelets. You can have optimal or thin blood and still have a major problem with platelets contributing to clots.

Please excuse my terminology. What i was trying to get across was that there are other things that will do the same thing as aspirin as far as the heart and blood. And for some people that those other things can be a better choice.
I would take macular degeneration over cardiac related events and disease any day. If you live to be over 60 years old your almost guaranteed to get macular degeneration. It’s extremely common in seniors. How many years Or decades do you have to take aspirin to get macular degeneration? They don’t know. They just know it’s with regular users.

For someone who takes AAS, aspirin can be a cheap great additive to lower blood pressure, lower hematocrit, and platelet COX. Using aspirin only for the duration of the cycle or a time that coordinates with ones advancements is not a regular user.
Blindness may be preferable for some. I would rather try to recover from a heart attack myself then trying to overcome blindness but to each their own. But the vast majority of people over the age of 60 do not have macular degeneration from my reading. Only 14% of white Americans age 80 and older. have it as of 2010 according to this study. But i would be interested in seeing the study you were referring to.

After reading this article i started looking into other avenues other then aspirin.

Please excuse my terminology. What i was trying to get across was that there are other things that will do the same thing as aspirin as far as the heart and blood. And for some people that those other things can be a better choice.

Blindness may be preferable for some. I would rather try to recover from a heart attack myself then trying to overcome blindness but to each their own. But the vast majority of people over the age of 60 do not have macular degeneration from my reading. Only 14% of white Americans age 80 and older. have it as of 2010 according to this study. But i would be interested in seeing the study you were referring to.
I read it wrong. It said most common in age 60 years or older. I read it as majority of 60 years old or older. Sorry about that....

Also, thought you were talking about dry macular degeneration not the wet kind.

my family has used aspirin since the 1920’s. My grandma had dry macular degeneration but don’t remember the age she got it. She took aspirin since a child almost every day. Still had to have a triple bypass from cooking with lard and butter all the time.

Personally I think aspirin is great when on a higher dose cycle. 81 mg at night EOD or every 3 days. I see it as the AAS will kill me quicker than aspirin.

I take too many supplements with blood thinning properties already. I don't see a need to add aspirin to my regimen
What do you take to keep your platelets from being 'sticky'?

Is there much worry at 81mg for bleeding/ulcers?
40 metric tons of aspirin distributed annually. That’s a lot of 81 mg pills. I would say the risk is low and given how long the medication has been around. Advil can give you ulcers if your prone to them it just takes longer.

Attachments

• EF2A7572-4050-4E04-BE60-CC5195F0A8EB.png
    EF2A7572-4050-4E04-BE60-CC5195F0A8EB.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 5
I take a baby aspirin daily. I also take my vitamin D and K2...solid Omegas, Macadamia Nut oil, etc. I don't see any reason unless a doc tells you otherwise tells you not to.

I take too many supplements with blood thinning properties already. I don't see a need to add aspirin to my regimen
Believe it or not, I was on aspirin 81 mg along with my Coumadin 6mg/day. The cardiologist had me get off of it just to be safe. I had one intestinal bleed while on both, probably not connected but who knows. I was on both for about 10 years or so. Now I just take coumadin. I have the clotting disorder of course.

I have been taking aspirin 100mg daily for about three years as a prevention, because my hematocrit is usually around 54-60. So far no side effects and my platelets always low 150-190.

It must be different application approaches geographically.

Given that, my original comment was incorrect stated on the protocol the ED implements. As it may be, my son corrected me. Again, he's worked as an RN trauma nurse at a level 1 hospital locally for a few years now. He's seen several MI's.

In the ED they administered 325mg ASA if it's a walk-in setting or an MI takes place awhile tending to a patient.

If the patient comes in by ambulance, the EMTs will administer 4-81mg ASA in route.
I can confirm this.

aspirin and nitro if it’s not an inferior MI on EKG. Asa for strokes and MIs

If it’s confirmed MI; plavix or heparin given or both. Depends on the cardiologist. Sometimes we give brilinta which showed to be superior to plavix in ACS.

and yea..

Don’t know. I would have to look into it. Which I definitely will. I am Interested now... I just know synthetic Vitamin E is known for several adverse effects.
I’d rather take nothing at all than synthetic vitamins. For instance taking folic acid can cause the problems it’s supposed to treat. Methyl-Folate on the other hand... same goes for cynocabolamin and methyl-cabolomin..etc

I’d rather take nothing at all than synthetic vitamins. For instance taking folic acid can cause the problems it’s supposed to treat. Methyl-Folate on the other hand... same goes for cynocabolamin and methyl-cabolomin..etc
Synthetic vitamins and health care has improved quality of life. That doesn't mean all synthetic vitamins are worth taking.

Synthetic vitamins and health care has improved quality of life. That doesn't mean all synthetic vitamins are worth taking.
Huh? Health care and synthetic vitamins? You’re saying synthetic folic acid has improved upon taking actual Folate/m-folate amd other such examples like that?

Make no mistake about it, our actual healthcare system and dietary guidelines are literally meant to keep up with sustainability, providing profits amd keeping you well off actually being healthy. You not being healthy creates economy... they only make $ if you are sick. Remember that nothing replaces naturally occurring vitamins. I’ll venture to say taking synthetic vitamins are actually harmful to you.

Huh? Health care and synthetic vitamins? You’re saying synthetic folic acid has improved upon taking actual Folate/m-folate amd other such examples like that?

Make no mistake about it, our actual healthcare system and dietary guidelines are literally meant to keep up with sustainability, providing profits amd keeping you well off actually being healthy. You not being healthy creates economy... they only make $ if you are sick. Remember that nothing replaces naturally occurring vitamins. I’ll venture to say taking synthetic vitamins are actually harmful to you.
I am not getting hyper focused on Folic. The majority of supplements available on the market today are made artificially. If you don't want to take synthetic vitamins then get them from your diet. The homones you are taking are synethic.

I am saying that synethic vitamins have improved quality of life. Synthetic vitamins are no more harmful for you then your synethic hormones which play a higher role in metabolic processes.

81mg asa daily will keep sticky platelets from aggregating as much as they would otherwise. So in essence, it makes them less sticky. There are also anti-cancer benefits to a baby aspirin daily.

Below are some snippets from a quick google search using words such as baby aspirin and platelets / baby aspirin and cancer.

HOPKINS STUDY SHOWS LOW-DOSE ASPIRIN SUPPRESSES CLUMPING OF BLOOD PLATELETS IN BOTH SEXES. A once-daily pill of low-dose aspirin helps lower the potential for clot-forming blood cells - in both men and women - to stick together in narrow blood vessels, a study from Johns Hopkins shows.Mar 21, 2006

The cardioprotective effects of aspirin are thought to be primarily based on inhibition of platelet production of TXA2 (thromboxane A2) [13], resulting in reduced platelet activation and aggregation.Jun 13, 2019

Based on their analysis, the research team estimated that regular aspirin use could prevent nearly 11% of colorectal cancers diagnosed in the United States each year and 8% of gastrointestinal cancers.Oct 7, 2020
It’s not recommended any more. My son had thrombocytosis with platelet counts 10X normal when he was between the ages of 5 and 12. This was the years 2009 - 2015. The first year or so they advised that he take a baby aspirin a day. Then they said to stop and explained that no one should take aspirin as a preventative expecting it to thin the blood or make it more slippery. That was the Mayo Clinic, and it was confirmed by the NIH doctors who enrolled him in a study because of another parallel condition he has.

The experts changed their minds.

Only people who have already had a heart attack or stroke and are over 60 or so are possibly advised to take daily aspirin now.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws