over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aspirin

Phil,

In your opinion whats the best way at keeping your ceatinine levels in a safe range?

Isnt this with only high doses. What about just a baby asprin nightly

I take 100mg most days.
I had high creatinine levels even bevore I started to take aspirin regulary.
What may be the reason for a high creatinine level ?

Well

I take 100mg most days.
I had high creatinine levels even bevore I started to take aspirin regulary.
What may be the reason for a high creatinine level ?

Certain drugs can raise it.......kidney disease, etc...Do not lift weights 2 days before the test.........red meat can raise it..........taking creatine may raise it........let me add that being heavily muscled will give a higher reading......thus higher levels in men than women........most men.

Baby aspirin should do just fine. I recall Phil giving us this advice a while back. Thanks Phil!

So if I am huge and muscular-

- and old and take aspirin......;):D

I mean my creatinine levels have got to be WAY WAY up there!

To clear what up? Also, you cant throw around " high doses" .........what does that even mean??

phil you crack me up bro with some of your reply's

to clear what up? high doses what does that mean?

i understand you though.you hate it when you state a fact and post it as an advise and someone comes along and turns it into a debate...:D

To clear what up? Also, you cant throw around " high doses" .........what does that even mean??

Yah your right I should have been more specific. So, can a baby aspirin still elevate levels? How about a regular aspirin (320mg) Did you find this info from a study? Was it dose dependant?

phil you crack me up bro with some of your reply's

to clear what up? high doses what does that mean?

i understand you though.you hate it when you state a fact and post it as an advise and someone comes along and turns it into a debate...:D

Let me ask you something? When you give Phil head daily, do request he showers first or do you not care?

Let me ask you something? When you give Phil head daily, do request he showers first or do you not care?

lmao!

On another note: my creatinine is always at the high end of normal, or just barely above normal, and it always worries me, but I think it's just due to carrying a lot of muscle mass.

From the wikipedia for creatinine:

creatinine levels in blood and urine may be used to calculate the creatinine clearance (CrCl), which reflects the glomerular filtration rate (GFR). The GFR is clinically important because it is a measurement of renal function.

GFR is all we are really after when measuring creatinine, and all we are getting from most bloodwork is estimated GFR, or eGFR. If you do a bit of research on GFR, you will find that there are several formulas for calculating it, many taking into account body weight and height. You can take your bloodwork values and plug them into an eGFR formula that takes into account these factors. It's much more interesting than the >59 value that they normally give for eGFR.

It is possible to do a combo urine and blood Creatinine Clearance test that will give a "real" GFR. It's a 24hour urine collection followed by a blood draw, I'm meaning to do it one of these days.

Kaladryn...now that was some helpful info.

info below ... note one thing ... if you train very hard (most of you do) your creatinine will show elevation due to muscle damage, so don't freak over mild elevation pretty much every strenght athlete will have it.

The creatinine blood test is used along with a BUN (blood urea nitrogen) test to assess kidney function. Both are frequently ordered as part of a basic or comprehensive metabolic panel (BMP or CMP), groups of tests that are performed to evaluate the function of the body’s major organs. BMP or CMP tests are used to screen healthy people during routine physical exams and to help evaluate acutely or chronically ill patients in the emergency room and/or hospital. If the creatinine and BUN tests are found to be abnormal or if you have an underlying disease, such as diabetes, that is known to affect the kidneys, then these two tests may be used to monitor the progress of kidney dysfunction and the effectiveness of treatment. Blood creatinine and BUN tests may also be ordered to evaluate kidney function prior to some procedures, such as a CT (computed tomography) scan, that may require the use of drugs that can damage the kidneys.
A combination of blood and urine creatinine levels may be used to calculate a creatinine clearance. This test measures how effectively your kidneys are filtering small molecules like creatinine out of your blood.

Urine creatinine may also be used with a variety of other urine tests as a correction factor. Since it is produced and removed at a relatively constant rate, the amount of urine creatinine can be compared to the amount of another substance being measured. Examples of this are when creatinine is measured with protein to calculate a urine protein/creatinine ratio (UP/CR) and when it is measured with microalbumin to calculate microalbumin/creatinine ratio (also known as albumin/creatinine ratio, ACR). These tests are used to evaluate kidney function as well as to detect other urinary tract disorders.

Serum creatinine measurements (along with your age, weight, and gender) also are used to calculate the estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR), which is used as a screening test to look for evidence of kidney damage.

^ Back to top
When is it ordered?
Creatinine may be ordered routinely as part of a comprehensive or basic metabolic panel, during a health examination. It may be ordered when you have non-specific health complaints, when you are acutely ill, and/or when your doctor suspects your kidneys are not working properly. Some signs and symptoms of kidney dysfunction include:
Fatigue, lack of concentration, poor appetite, or trouble sleeping
Swelling or puffiness, particularly around the eyes or in the face, wrists, abdomen, thighs or ankles
Urine that is foamy, bloody, or coffee-colored
A decrease in the amount of urine
Problems urinating, such as a burning feeling or abnormal discharge during urination, or a change in the frequency of urination, especially at night
Mid-back pain (flank), below the ribs, near where the kidneys are located
High blood pressure
The creatinine blood test may be ordered, along with BUN test and microalbumin, at regular intervals when you have a known kidney disorder or have a disease that may affect kidney function or be exacerbated by dysfunction. Both BUN and creatinine may be ordered when a CT scan is planned, prior to and during certain drug therapies, and before and after dialysis to monitor the effectiveness of treatments.

^ Back to top
What does the test result mean?
Increased creatinine levels in the blood suggest diseases or conditions that affect kidney function. These can include:
Damage to or swelling of blood vessels in the kidneys (glomerulonephritis) caused by, for example, infection or autoimmune diseases
Bacterial infection of the kidneys (pyelonephritis)
Death of cells in the kidneys’ small tubes (acute tubular necrosis) caused, for example, by drugs or toxins
Prostate disease, kidney stone, or other causes of urinary tract obstruction
Reduced blood flow to the kidney due to shock, dehydration, congestive heart failure, atherosclerosis, or complications of diabetes
Creatinine blood levels can also increase temporarily as a result of muscle injury and are generally slightly lower during pregnancy.

Low blood levels of creatinine are not common, but they are also not usually a cause for concern. They can be seen with conditions that result in decreased muscle mass.

Levels of 24-hour urine creatinine are evaluated with blood levels as part of a creatinine clearance test.

Random urine creatinine levels have no standard reference ranges. They are usually used with other tests to reference levels of other substances measured in the urine. Some examples include the microalbumin test and urine protein test.

The muscle injury they are referring to is usually that of smooth muscle tissue as a result of a MI (myocardial infarction).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131