over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Asshole talking about the Classic

hey bros just thought id post what i sent althoe i didnt send it like this as im a fool for all the correct ,.'"?!!()&; marks lol i ran it threw spell check to add in the ones i forgot so i wouldnt look as stupid as Iam lol i was to mad to make it longer as the more i wrote the more pissed i was

This is in response to an article written By Shaun Ass –ael (a business that wont die)
I found it to be the most tasteless thing I ever read ! ! ! ! further more I don’t known why you would send someone to a bodybuilding event that clearly doesn’t like the sport. This sport has a huge following , and we don’t like it very much when an outsider picks apart what we love so much . I used to like ESPN
And I would log on to your web site quite often, but no more will I do so, in fact I
Will not even watch your cable show as every time I see your logo Im inraged!
I will hope you reconsider sending him to any more bodybuilding events.
Shauns article was not worth the paper it was written on and a few of his statements were completely false ,and down right lies. Just so you know IM going to cancel my subscription to ESPN the magazine.

This Shaun Assael actually replied to me!

See below and my comments to him:
Original Message -----<BR>From: "Assael, Shaun" <[email protected]><BR>Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 19:51:40 -0500<BR>To: "Mike S" <[email protected]><BR>Subject: RE: Article regarding the Arnold Classic Expo-<BR><BR><!DOCTYPE HTML
<TITLE>RE: Article regarding the Arnold Classic Expo-</TITLE>
Mr. Schlanger:<BR>
<BR>
Much as you may be skeptical of this, I value your letter and your opinions. I know you're not inclined to believe this, but trying to disgrace body builders is the farthest thing from my mind. I have close, close friends who work in the business. But you may be interested in knowing that they've attacked me for the opposite reason, saying that my reporting hasn't been hard enough. I understand your passion and admire it. But you must understand that this is a field that needs more reporting, not less. Feel free to write anytime, and be as critical of me as you wish. On occasion, I'm sure I'll even deserve it.<BR>
<BR>
Sincerely,<BR>
Shaun Assael</FONT>

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Mr Assael-

Im actually shocked that you replied to my letter.
I realize it was harsh, but we in the active bodybuilding community are fighting an uphill battle against ignorance and myths about our sport. And articles like yours hurt our cause.
I dont advocate steroid usage by kids or uninmformed persons. But the laws regarding them, and soon possibly prohormones and ephedra are based on misinformation and lies. We need to have the truth known, and things put in an honest perspective.
Mr Collins and Gann will be on Ricky Lake soon (no date announced yet) and in the end have the audience cheering for them. The truth is not as you think or report. The FDA, DEA, NIH protested the Anabolic Control Act of 1990 which made steroids a crime, as all medical reports proved moderate use showed no acute adverse effects. But the sports governing bodies have too much power, and with these substances being illegal it makes their goals easier to accomplish. In the meantime, Americans lose the right to use what has been proven to be relatively safe products. We must overcome the increased government interference in our lives. Regulate these products for kids of course, but leave adults alone to educate themselves and use these products as they wish.
Please go to Mr Collins website (the one you mentioned in your article) and read; and purchase his book Legal Muscle if you really want to know our struggles. Please allow yourself an education before you misinform people about this subject again.
Thanks your your reply and time.

Sincerely,
MikeS

Truly suprised that he took the time to respond. But in any event he seems like he's down playing quite a bit and that aggrevates the piss out of me. My friends think, blah it wasn't a hard hitting article that anyone would like it was still a bunch of shit. If this is good reporting than I'm opening up a magazine and have 4th graders write the articles about whatever they what. I'll be rich!

This is an article from Thorden on another board. There are actually several guys that got on this and sent letters. But I have to say that the most support comes from this place, way to go eveyone.

This was my letter:

Letter to the Editor,

This letter is in reference to an article that was written by Shaun Assael called "A business that won't die!"

I personally have been bodybuilding for sometime and have read numerous articles, books, medical publications and papers on bodybuilding and the effects of bodybuilding on the human body. This is what I call educating myself for my chosen endeavor.

It seems the man YOU chose to report on the Arnold Classic did nothing of the kind. From the beginning of his article, you could tell this man was not thrilled to be at the Arnold Classic. By the way, what is Shaun's background in bodybuilding? Has he ever seen the inside of a gym? Has he made the life-style change necessary to be successful in the gym and at a healthy life? Obviously my questions are purely rhetorical because you can tell that Shaun knows nothing about commiting yourself and believing in something so much you have to change your life to accomplish it.

I will agree with Shaun on one thing; the fact that a 9 year boy comments that he learned how to use steroids would shock the hell out of me but you have to believe that his father was just as shocked and will take care of that mind-set(in today's day that might be a stretch).

Just out of curiostiy Shaun, do you believe that the Budweiser Clydesdales can actually play football? The reason I ask that question is you made all sorts of comments about the sales pitch artists you encountered at the Arnold Classic yet you watch TV all the time which leads me to believe you must believe all the ads you see on TV. By the way, you made mention of Pinnacle products; if I recall, they advertise in ESPN the Magazine don't they? When the woman are doing fitness contests on ESPN or ESPN2, you see the vitamin companies huge banners in the background correct? I could be wrong but I doubt it. By the way, when you spoke about Belcher dying at Orioles Camp from taking Xenadrine, you forgot to report how out of shape he was when he reported to camp. Why was that left out?

Here's something else to ponder: With our country becoming more and more out of shape and obese as the years go on, you would think that ESPN would do more to PROMOTE better health and nutrition.

One more thing, when your in the bar sipping your alcohol and smoking a cigar or cigarette, think about how hypocritical your being. Your condeming the bodybuilding community for using supplements to enhance our bodies and our health but yet Budweiser is one of ESPN's major sponsors. More people have died from smoking and drinking than from taking Sports Enhancement supplements and that includes Anabolic Steroids, but you already knew that, right?

ESPN, try sending someone that can give an objective opinion next time. FOX Sports does look better now that I think about it.

I also can't believe that this douche bag got away with writing a book about the steroid trials of the WWF/WWE Real nonsense! I would say that this is possible where he got his distorted views on steroids, but I think not. This is an uneducated man with a grudge against someone. Saying he has friends in the industry, maybe it was one of them that tried or did bang his woman. :D Would have to say that it couldn't have happend to a nicer guy.

you bros have done a great job
i hope other bros join in sending an email it dosnt have to be a long one either just let them know how many of us are unhappy
with his article.

HOPEFULLY IMPORTANT UPDATE

This guy Shaun Assael has been emailing with me all day. Although I am not nieve or trusting, Im making some real headway with this guy assuming he is on the up-and-up with me. He has promissed to read Ricks website (as I challenged him to learn about our sport, especially if he intends to write about it again) and I in turn am asking him to accept Ricks LEGAL MUSCLE book for free with his word he will check it out, and if he would (I didnt make him promise this) write about the book. I gave him a new angle that could be just as sensational, but from our point of view. So Im asking Rick, if he agrees-to send him a copy of the book. We have to take some chances, and maybe some real good can come of the possible exposure. Im keeping my fingers crossed that this goes in our direction. Assael keeps saying he likes the back and forth we have developed in our emails, and he want to continue our corresponddance. Its a small gamble-whats to lose? So-time will tell!

Arm and mike those are both really good letters and good job for sending them! Mike I would watch out what you are doing with this guy and just make sure everything you say in your e-mails is 100% correct and nothing to crazy! I just vision everyone of your emails on the website and this guy blasting you saying look how much BB has warped this individual! I am not saying it is going to happen but I would just becareful! No telling what this asshole could be up to! Than again he could be really sisere and honest and no one has ever taken the time to educate him on the issue1 So you could totally change his mind on the whole issue and then he could be an asset to our comunity! I dunno I am sure i am not saying anything you already don't know but be careful and goodluck!!!!!!!

Hey if you want a good thing to happen, sometimes (usually) you have to take chances. Nothing crazy about what Im doing, but the chance is it will provoke more negative press from him. Im willing to chance that as I always have been.

Arnold article by shaun

These people are just jealous of this fantastic sport. They know that there sport heros can not hold a candle to this sports greatest athletes heck it does not even have to be the greatest just one of us from a local gym can stomp most of those so called heros. And further more Shaun A. Better known as Super Asshole didnt even mention a single athlete that was competing. He was to caught with the naked muscle girl. My five year old and I went to a professional baseball game and she said nice to meet you Mr. strawberry is that sugar on the strawberry or cocaine. I see you and your friends in the news and I have to assume that cocaine is essential to the the game of baseball. Hell maybe I should send my resume to Espn sounds pretty good huh Mr.clean101

Well it will be interesting to see what this douche actually does to address the situation. Hopefully he'll be a man and do the right thing and write an appropriate article in the future.

I just want to be clear that the "Dr. john" referred to in the article is not me!

Armageddon--when are you going to learn to express how you really, really, feel?

All kidding aside, I am happy and proud that the correspondences with this...ahem..."professional" have been well-written and respectful. Change is made not with a balled-up fist, but rather with a handshake.

This ass is being blasted all over the internet. I went to GETBIG.com for contest results and there was a big section on Assaels ridiculous writings.

I just can't understand ESPN sending a writer to an event who obviously has an agenda to rip on it. On second thought, I just remembered how the media in America writes about politics...

SWALE said:
I just can't understand ESPN sending a writer to an event who obviously has an agenda to rip on it. On second thought, I just remembered how the media in America writes about politics...

Especially ESPN, thay are very biased toward steroid use. They have said in the past that's the reason they don't cover BB shows for TV.

That's sad that they don't because of that silly reason. Look at all the shit going on with baseball now about juice. If bodybuilding generated that type of money, then ESPN would carry it. Being around all sports I can say that I know football players juice. Considering I am one and I know several pros and amateurs. I also was offered a college wrestling scholarship and with talking with several guys way back when i know they juice also. Espn still continues to cover these sports. It doesn't have to do with anything more than what generates the most money for them to broadcast.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws