over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Asthma symptoms from Clen??

LocalGod

Newbies
Three and a half weeks ago I started my first cycle of Clen, did the typical 20mcg up to 140mcg/day taper which gave me the "clen shakes" for the first 8 days. I never expierienced other sides like night sweats or increased body temperature. I used all the ancilliaries i have heard of (5+g/day BCAAs, 3g/dayTuarine, Extra dietary potasium from bananas and sports drinks, Benadryl).

About 16 days into it I began having asthma symtoms (constriction, weazing and reduced lung capacity). Also had lost no bodyweight wich I was optimistic that perhaps I was gaining while loosing (as if I could be so lucky).

After 2 nights in a row of getting astma symptoms when trying to go to sleep (seemed to be occuring when I hadn't taken any clen for more than 7hrs) I decided to stop using clen. In the first two days off it my weight suddenly dropped 7lbs but I continue to have occasional astma symptoms.

I am not sure that this has been brought on by Clen or maybe something as simple as seasonal allergies, I just wanted to post my expierience and see if anyone else identifies with this. Thanks in advance for any replys.

P.S. I decided to start back on the 100tabs I have left starting this morning at 60mcg, feel fine so far.

Last edited:
It is clen
Dont use it if u have asthma
I have asthma my self and it sux that I can't use clen

Clen was an asthma medication but it actually make symptoms worst over time, thats why it was banned long time ago. A lot of people with asthma actually died because of it...

Three and a half weeks ago I started my first cycle of Clen, did the typical 20mcg up to 140mcg/day taper which gave me the "clen shakes" for the first 8 days. I never expierienced other sides like night sweats or increased body temperature. I used all the ancilliaries i have heard of (5+g/day BCAAs, 3g/dayTuarine, Extra dietary potasium from bananas and sports drinks, Benadryl).

About 16 days into it I began having asthma symtoms (constriction, weazing and reduced lung capacity). Also had lost no bodyweight wich I was optimistic that perhaps I was gaining while loosing (as if I could be so lucky).

After 2 nights in a row of getting astma symptoms when trying to go to sleep (seemed to be occuring when I hadn't taken any clen for more than 7hrs) I decided to stop using clen. In the first two days off it my weight suddenly dropped 7lbs but I continue to have occasional astma symptoms.

I am not sure that this has been brought on by Clen or maybe something as simple as seasonal allergies, I just wanted to post my expierience and see if anyone else identifies with this. Thanks in advance for any replys.

P.S. I decided to start back on the 100tabs I have left starting this morning at 60mcg, feel fine so far.
Too much! Holy smokes I can't believe what some of you guys are taking. 40mcg a day gave me a respitory attack that made me think I was going to die and I don't even have asthma. I'll never take it again myself. I can't even imagine 3 times that much. Of course, some people tolerate beta-agonists better than others but for me the stuff is bad news. All beta-agonists have a long range of side-effects which can even be permanant. It's not even that thermogenic IMO. I'd rather just eat clean.

cut it down bro , as oth mentioned, and see if it is working better, if not just quit clen.

By the way, it wasn't the Clen. I really thought the clen had caused some real problems, even after stopping I was still suffering bad asthma symptoms weeks later.

I was headed on a BIG motorcycle trip and was all worried about my health, as I would be gone for a month on the road and here I was takin breaks from workin on my bike in the garage because I was hacking a lung out. Two days into the trip and I was healthy as a horse again just like that, and stayed that way the whole trip. I got back home and boom Asthma bad Again (no Clen in over 6 weeks this time).

Would you believe it was a damn multi-mineral that I had started taking during the Clen cycle! I didn't take any of the Multi-Mineral with me and got better as soon as it cleared my system. I had been home a week or 2 and had been fine, it was as soon as I started taking the Minerals again that I got sick again. The scary thing is I was getting this sick on 1 or 2 tabs a day, and the recomendation was 4 a day, I can only imagin that woulda put me in the ER!

I just thought I would post this up to remind us all how easily the wrong substances in your body, even very innocent seeming things, can really cause problems. I consulted the Manufacture and they had no other reported problems with it, so who knows.

Clenbuterol, is actually an asthma drug, and bronchodiltor, so your symptoms were def something else.
Glad ya got it straightened out:)

NWM read the very first reply to my original post, but thanks for the well wishes anyways. I been using Clomid and I think I may be pregnant now.

Last edited:
Clenbuterol, is actually an asthma drug, and bronchodiltor, so your symptoms were def something else.
Glad ya got it straightened out:)

yeah, ive taken clen off and on for years and I have asthma. When im on it i actually find that I use my albuterol inhailer much less. So you could say my symptoms of asthma actually get better.

I HAVE CHRONIC ASTHMA AND I'VE USED EVERY DRUG UNDER THE SUN FOR IT. I' VE USED CLEN A couple times and had virtually no asthmatic symptoms while on it. it makes no sense that a bronchodialor would constrict the lungs. Maybe your're so used to your system being dialated that when the half life of clen wears off and your systems starts constricting to normal you confuse it with asthma?

NWM read the very first reply to my original post, but thanks for the well wishes anyways. I been using Clomid and I think I may be pregnant now.

Yea, bro I saw your post but also saw some other cats posting up wierd stuff that is NOT possible that is why I posted up my thoughts!;)

Anyway, I wish you the best with the pregnancy as well, keep us posted!:D

Well let me tell you, sorry to bust your bubble about your little buddy clen there but clen has it's dark side too. Some people tolerate beta agonists like clen, ephedrine, albuterol, etc. better than others.

Nevertheless, all of them have been associated with beta receptor down-regulation and psychological disorders like anxiety, panic attack, tremor, seizures, and some of these sides can extend beyond use of beta agonists, long term, or even permanent. I don't think heart palpitations and hyperventilation exist hand in hand with fitness, sorry.

If you're prepping for a competition and feel you're willing to make the trade off, that's one thing. If you're not, you have no need for this stuff. What's worse? A month of good dieting or three weeks hopped up on clen?

I experienced some seriously bad side effects with clen but I just called them respitory attacks, I know it wasn't asthma. Actually, probably more likely just acute hyperventilation. Still, I no longer touch it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear