advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

At what age do you think you will or should stop cycles?

At what age do you think you will or should stop cycles?

• Total voters
Lot of great points in this post and I keep nodding my head agreeing. I always prompt people to pick a coach who has been there done that and this is a huge reason why. You don't see this stuff when you're younger. Now with boards and internet you can hear it but really a lot of guys just ignore it only to find out reality years down the road... I started using almost 20 years ago. The analogy I could use would be tires on a race car. When you're younger you can take the curves harder and you don't notice the bumps. Over time the tires loose their ability to handle and you start finding yourself over correcting more and more to hold traction. The older I get, a FEW things that stand out:
1) I never had to run as hard as I thought I did-
2) You better take some time off between races if you want to run the circuit
3) Bigger didn't always mean better, bigger means more wear and tear
4) Watch for and react to signs- be diligent in looking for issues and do what you have to do to fix them before they become catastrophic!
5) Realize the race will end- be smart and develop and exit plan BEFORE you blow your motor.
6) Your car may not have the ability to do things other cars do.
7) When you're not getting better it's time to turn off the juice. Don't keep a cycle going if you're not progressing.

Really I have always been a husky or bigger guy and that's what got me in to lifting to begin with. No way the hotties were going to go after the fat kid. Probably very typically when I started I gravitated to the gym "bros" and "experts." Over time as growth stalled I neglected food and ran after more drugs first. Never really experienced any bad side effects in my 20's. Because I didn't have sides, I was growing, and strong as a bull I didn't do much blood work. In my 30's I started paying much more attention to food and less on the gear. Doses started going down and I started to regularly get blood work and cardio was intermittent. My placings started getting higher in shows and my physique was much much better. Now in my early 40's I'm forced to keep doses down, despite that my physique has never been better. I'm the biggest I've ever been but I'm finding little things coming back a little abnormal in my bloodwork. Getting blood pressure down is requiring me to put a lot of effort into it. I'm getting very conscious over calcium scoring, heart health, training and all the things I've read and heard about over the years. No doubt I'm reaping the effects of the life I've lived the last 20 years.

Every year I was able to add a few lbs of stage weight. This was not dose dependent for me as it was always 3-6 lbs even to this day where I use the least amount I've ever used. The higher dose I used the less time I could stay on without feeling like total garbage. When I only gained a few lbs in a year it was the years I stayed on the majority of the year. The last few years I've taken more time off everything. Not TRT but completely off of everything. Last year I was on stage at 260 lbs. No doubt in my mind I'll be much heavier next comp. My test has been as low as 16 but usually around 50 when I'm off of everything and yes I feel like complete garbage. My composition is horrible during that time compared to when I'm using something however my weight will stay about the same. The sweet spot for me now when I use is TRT @ 10mg daily of test and its better on my all around bloodwork. I don't have crazy changes in my composition and honestly with that dose and a little hgh I am able to still train and grow. Of course I use much more when I'm pre contest but nowhere near what I used to use.

I guess the take home message from me is to pay attention to the smaller details and do them. Do them consistently and do them well and you can get really far doing this stuff. The more I paid attention to the small stuff the better I became. I know the end of the road is coming for me and I'll need to downsize to stay going. I'm one of the lucky ones so far and I've made it to my early 40's. You don't see many 50 year olds at 300+ lbs and if I keep going the odds are stacked against me to be one of them. So one more year of this and it's the curtains for my competitive life....

Probably around 50-55 stop cycles with 19-nors, but maybe use moderate test/peps. Around 60 it's time to hang it up completely and go to trt only. Might have already stopped orals; if they mess me up at all next prep I just give up and I'll use inject winnie last 4 weeks of prep and never touch another oral.

Never stop trt to get to around 800 ng/dl, even if I'm on my deathbed I'll find a way to get in that test e shot.

Ideally continue lifting and bicycling until shortly before death. I get inspired as fuck when I see 85 year olds deadlifting 300lbs or whatever.

As I approach my 40s it’s been more of low dose and staying lean. I think high dosing for many years will not end well for 99% . You can get lean and strong / or big off low doses and smart training. Just my .02

I'm 52 in a few months and have the best blood work ever in no small part to the public guidance from @DOGGCRAPP.
I started at 19 for competition, having already done the only drug free event. I have been on and off, far more off, since that first cycle in 1989. I never ran high dose because I just didn't like the idea. I have always been very anti rec drug, and that weighs on me somewhat.

I'm usually on 250-300mg test these days, single shot once a week. I will alternate this with a single cc of an anabolic like nandrolone or boldenone for equal periods.

I will use very low dose test/tren/mast once in a while with a blend of 100mg each. One cc a week. I will use a low dose oral maybe once a year, usually Anavar or Anadrol.

If my blood work starts to waver I will make further adjustments, but I can't see ever coming off trt.

All in all I'm 95% of the size I had at triple those doses minus some hardness. Good enough for me.

Deciding never to compete again will probably have more positive benefit in the long term than anything else I have done.

I'm 52 in a few months and have the best blood work ever in no small part to the public guidance from @DOGGCRAPP.
I started at 19 for competition, having already done the only drug free event. I have been on and off, far more off, since that first cycle in 1989. I never ran high dose because I just didn't like the idea. I have always been very anti rec drug, and that weighs on me somewhat.

I'm usually on 250-300mg test these days, single shot once a week. I will alternate this with a single cc of an anabolic like nandrolone or boldenone for equal periods.

I will use very low dose test/tren/mast once in a while with a blend of 100mg each. One cc a week. I will use a low dose oral maybe once a year, usually Anavar or Anadrol.

If my blood work starts to waver I will make further adjustments, but I can't see ever coming off trt.

All in all I'm 95% of the size I had at triple those doses minus some hardness. Good enough for me.

Deciding never to compete again will probably have more positive benefit in the long term than anything else I have done.
You and I share a very similar prior history. I just turned 53. Started AAS in my junior year of high school. The internet didn't exist then. Luckily I made the most out of lower doses than what is advocated these days and test (cyp/enth) was considered a dirty AAS back then. 1000 mg/wk of any one hormone was unheard of. Name brands like Syntex, Searl and Organon were the foundations of most cycles in the late 80's. At least where I trained/worked. Vet EQ and Winstrol was available but not a big thing due to it being made for animals. Animals? Reforvit B and Sustanon Redijects with the 18g pin from Mexico became the go-to for the majority of guys w/o access to a pharmacist. Unfortunately I became "the guy" who everyone came to for their injections. I was entrusted with a lot of trust back then and got treated exceptionally well because of it. The only guys that could afford GH drove expensive cars and had gym whores for girlfriends. They were the dealers as well and typically complete assholes! Nubain and cocaine was everywhere in the late 90's-early 2000's. I was offered many times but NEVER caved.
What's different in my situation is 250-300mg/wk puts my total test in the 1500+ ng/dL range which in my opinion is way too high. I feel great in the 750-800 ng/dL range and hold a healthy % of my muscle mass providing I'm consistent in the gym and with my diet. My Hg/HCT as well as BP likes the 70-100mg/wk (10-15mg/day) Emeric dosing protocol best. Now with these BBer's dying left & right I'm actually considering dropping my dose to 5mg/day as see how that fleshes out. There are days when I wish I'd never picked up a weight (especially lately) but I have to believe there is a way to maintain a sense of balance and for me it's making the most of the smallest dose that keeps my mental & physical health in check.

You and I share a very similar prior history. I just turned 53. Started AAS in my junior year of high school. The internet didn't exist then. Luckily I made the most out of lower doses than what is advocated these days and test (cyp/enth) was considered a dirty AAS back then. 1000 mg/wk of any one hormone was unheard of. Name brands like Syntex, Searl and Organon were the foundations of most cycles in the late 80's. At least where I trained/worked. Vet EQ and Winstrol was available but not a big thing due to it being made for animals. Animals? Reforvit B and Sustanon Redijects with the 18g pin from Mexico became the go-to for the majority of guys w/o access to a pharmacist. Unfortunately I became "the guy" who everyone came to for their injections. I was entrusted with a lot of trust back then and got treated exceptionally well because of it. The only guys that could afford GH drove expensive cars and had gym whores for girlfriends. They were the dealers as well and typically complete assholes! Nubain and cocaine was everywhere in the late 90's-early 2000's. I was offered many times but NEVER caved.
What's different in my situation is 250-300mg/wk puts my total test in the 1500+ ng/dL range which in my opinion is way too high. I feel great in the 750-800 ng/dL range and hold a healthy % of my muscle mass providing I'm consistent in the gym and with my diet. My Hg/HCT as well as BP likes the 70-100mg/wk (10-15mg/day) Emeric dosing protocol best. Now with these BBer's dying left & right I'm actually considering dropping my dose to 5mg/day as see how that fleshes out. There are days when I wish I'd never picked up a weight (especially lately) but I have to believe there is a way to maintain a sense of balance and for me it's making the most of the smallest dose that keeps my mental & physical health in check.
Very similar indeed. I got out in 91-92. I was fortunate that my dealer wasn't a jerk, though a bit soft in the head. He used to invite me to his house and his wife would serve me raviolis and meatballs while he stacked up the cases of test and boxes of pins for me. His Boston Terrier "Deca" running all over.

I probably should check my test levels, as I haven't since I first re-started 10 years ago. I was tested at 237 before I put myself on trt. A couple days after my first shot of 300mg my levels were over 3000, as far as my doctor's software would display. He just laughed.

Are you able to keep your lipids in check on 250-300mg test/week?

Are you able to keep your lipids in check on 250-300mg test/week?
Yep. They are better than when I was 20.
Citrus Bergamot works very well for me.
Total Cho went from 236 to 164; LDL from 190 to 121; HDL still the same at 30-40.

Yep. They are better than when I was 20.
Citrus Bergamot works very well for me.
Total Cho went from 236 to 164; LDL from 190 to 121; HDL still the same at 30-40.

Those are significant improvements. Do you dose the citrus bergamot at 1000mg/day? On an empty stomach?

Yes, you can have a perfect ECG and Echo and still have up to 70% coronary blockage according to cardiologists.

Well WTH. Lol.

-I have zero calcium buildup
-EKG is good
-BP is controlled
-hs-CRP is solid
-Lipid panel is solid (ditto w HDL:Trigs ratio)

What else do I need to run?

Well WTH. Lol.

-EKG is good
-BP is controlled
-hs-CRP is solid

If you are worried, try to get a stress EKG run and an echocardiogram. That will cost $$$

Getting an angiogram done will be near impossible. No doctor will order one, as far as I know. If something is wrong on the other tests they will though.

If you are worried, try to get a stress EKG run and an echocardiogram. That will cost $$$

Getting an angiogram done will be near impossible. No doctor will order one, as far as I know. If something is wrong on the other tests they will though.
Yeah I highly doubt they'd risk a cath unless there is reason to believe there is a blockage or you have an underlying health condition like a clotting disorder or poly like we do. The catheter itself can break plaque loose (not good).

Those are significant improvements. Do you dose the citrus bergamot at 1000mg/day? On an empty stomach?
500mg, weekdays, with food.

Well WTH. Lol.

-EKG is good
-BP is controlled
-hs-CRP is solid

Not sure what you mean, are you looking for tests that let you know that you are "good to go"? My point is, there are none.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear