advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

At what dose does Test become damaging to the joints?

dgarr21

Registered
The title says it all. Do any of you know at what dose does it become negative on your joints and allows to become more easily injured or tear a muscle? I've torn a labrum before and its not fun. It had me thinking of "safe" dose to take instead of mega doses. So would a TRT dose 100-200mg a week of test have any negative side effects on joints? Since doctors prescribe this dose to men in their 30's onward. Or would it be safe on the body? I think we all know of the negative effects mega doses (anything of a gram) can potentially do to the body especially making your body more prone to a potential tear.

Thank you once again and any feedback would be amazing.

or do doctors give their patients something to combat the dreaded joint issues brought on by juice?

TEST DOES NOT INHERENTLY DAMAGE JOINTS OR TENDONS. THIS FALLACY MUST STOP /end thread

TEST DOES NOT INHERENTLY DAMAGE JOINTS OR TENDONS. THIS FALLACY MUST STOP /end thread

No it doesn't, at least no directly, but it lowers collagen synthesis and the user damages the joints by strenuous activities. Less collagen + more strength = joint problems down the road.

hgh, deca would be a couple of the ways to combat this.

Simple advice to avoid joint and tendon damage.

1. Check your ego at the door. No more of this 8 rep or less BS. Stick to 10-12 rep range. I am talking about maxing out.

2. Pay attention to your range of motion. Avoid locking out on exercises when it is not necessary.

3. If you want longevity then you need to realize that it's a marathon....not a sprint.

To much tren??? Relax brother, check BP please. But thank you for your insight I see where you and others are coming from. Have a good day bud.

Simple advice to avoid joint and tendon damage.

1. Check your ego at the door. No more of this 8 rep or less BS. Stick to 10-12 rep range. I am talking about maxing out.

2. Pay attention to your range of motion. Avoid locking out on exercises when it is not necessary.

3. If you want longevity then you need to realize that it's a marathon....not a sprint.

So if someone would use 500mg of test and 600mg of deca and kept range at 12-15 clean moving reps, their wouldn't be any damaging joint problems your saying? I'm not trying to be a smart ass just trying to understand things.

Thank you for your help also man

I assume a safe approach would be 250mg of test with 200-300mgs of deca. 10 weeks. Nothing fancy, simple and sweet to put on a little size but still keep it safe.

No it doesn't, at least no directly, but it lowers collagen synthesis and the user damages the joints by strenuous activities. Less collagen + more strength = joint problems down the road.

hgh, deca would be a couple of the ways to combat this.

IT DOES NOT LOWER COLLAGEN SYNTHESIS. WOW...

To much tren??? Relax brother, check BP please. But thank you for your insight I see where you and others are coming from. Have a good day bud.

No drugs actually...just so annoyed with people saying shit without any evidence to back it up. I'm going to just start making things up and posting about them and then 10,000 idiots will repeat what i say. For the 1,000th time, test does not lower collagen synthesis and all "data" from the article citing different rates of collagen synthesis for different drugs was completely fabricated from dog shit.

This cannot be answered.

I have been told my multiple very knowledgeable orthopedic surgeons, including several I will not name who work at the top hosptial in the US (HSS in NYC) that ALL anabolic steroids increase all protein synthesis, including collagen, beyond any doubt. Tears can occur because muscle protein synthesis occurs faster than tendons, so relatively, a tendon can become weaker, as compared to muscles, but the tendon itself is still stronger...

PLEASE TELL ME THIS MAKES SENSE.

No drugs actually...just so annoyed with people saying shit without any evidence to back it up. I'm going to just start making things up and posting about them and then 10,000 idiots will repeat what i say. For the 1,000th time, test does not lower collagen synthesis and all "data" from the article citing different rates of collagen synthesis for different drugs was completely fabricated from dog shit.

Can you provide evidence of this? Because if not, then you are just being one of the people you just slammed for saying stuff with no evidence.

Bottom line is this...use cation at all times, maintain good form and don't over do it too fast.

So if someone would use 500mg of test and 600mg of deca and kept range at 12-15 clean moving reps, their wouldn't be any damaging joint problems your saying? I'm not trying to be a smart ass just trying to understand things.

Thank you for your help also man

It's just from experience. My perspective has certainly been influenced by age.

Drugs allow your body and psyche to reach new heights. The enthusiasm combined with the drugs allows your body to push harder than the joints and tendons can take. This is what leads to injuries. You can't go balls to the wall everyday and not expect to have injuries at some point.

The takeaway is to put everything in perspective and listen to your body. Cycle your drugs....cycle your training intensity (periodization). Your body needs time to adjust.

BTW - I think CDJack has the science right..

Last edited:
Somebody posted a study a while back showing that test promotes collagen synthesis up to a dose of 600mg, at which point it begins to lower collagen synthesis by 50-80%.

Can you provide evidence of this? Because if not, then you are just being one of the people you just slammed for saying stuff with no evidence.

Think what you want and follow bro science. And no, you won't find scientists doing a study to see that an anabolic steroid does what it's supposed to do. Who would fund such a worthless waste of money. There have been a few studies on deca showing tendon healing in rats. But nothing on testosterone that i've seen. It makes absolutely no sense that testosterone would cause a decrease in the synthesis of any protein tissue, including tendon. Every md i have ever spoken to agrees with this, and one of them says he notices drastically improved healing from testosterone. To think there is some sort of "threshold" where it goes from positive to negative, as that article has lead many to believe, it downright ludicrous.

Last edited:
Somebody posted a study a while back showing that test promotes collagen synthesis up to a dose of 600mg, at which point it begins to lower collagen synthesis by 50-80%.

I looked on pubmed and cannot find this. That would be news to me, and if you do show it, I will retract my prior statements...but think about what you are saying rationally and scientifically. Let's say you graphed it with collagen synthesis on the y axis. You're telling me it would increase proportionally with your dose until 600mg per week and then abruptly all of a sudden collagen synthesis would jump to negative? That doesn't make sense on so many levels.

Think what you want and follow bro science. And no, you won't find scientists doing a study to see that an anabolic steroid does what it's supposed to do. Who would fund such a worthless waste of money. There have been a few studies on deca showing tendon healing in rats. But nothing on testosterone that i've seen. It makes absolutely no sense that testosterone would cause a decrease in the synthesis of any protein tissue, including tendon. Every md i have ever spoken to agrees with this, and one of them says he notices drastically improved healing from testosterone. To think there is some sort of "threshold" where it goes from positive to negative, as that article has lead many to believe, it downright ludicrous.

I don't know enough about it to have an opinion one way or the other. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in your post. And there are lots of thing that don't make sense but still hold true. Just sayin.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131