over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Atherosclerosis/cholesterol and compounds that are safe

2001bullitt

Newbies
recently i had a ct scan done and was told i have a small amount of plaque build up in my aorta (atherosclerosis)

i stopped my current cycle (test prop/tren ace/proviron) and went back on my TRT dose of 150mg test cyp a week. i feel like having plaque build up in my aorta was a wake up call to finally lay off the heavy stuff after 10+ years of cycling. my question is outside of TRT script is it safe to use like a small dose of another compound like primo or proviron and be ok? im assuming the plaque build up came from high LDL low HDL related to certain compounds. are there ANY compounds that arent as harsh on LDL/HDL or am i pretty much stuck on my TRT for life. i was kinda wondering about like 150 test cyp/200 primo a week

Pomegranate Juice (The kind Dante recommends)
Vitamin K2 (if you aren't on blood thinners)
Tocotrienols

These could potentially reduce/clear away your plaque.

thank you for the reply. i know orals are pretty harsh on the LDL/HDL but are there certain injectables that are less harsh than others? im assuming the ones that dont have any estrogen conversion might be bad since estrogen seems to play a positive role in cholesterol

Primo for most even at 200/week will not be great for lipids. I don't think you need to be done with PED's but running things like EQ, Deca, NPP, Mast, will not have "as bad" of impact on lipids as Primo, Tren, orals, etc.

I would also get a CT angiogram to get a picture of the coronaries.

If you don't want to go the statin route, check in to ezetimibe.

Primo for most even at 200/week will not be great for lipids. I don't think you need to be done with PED's but running things like EQ, Deca, NPP, Mast, will not have "as bad" of impact on lipids as Primo, Tren, orals, etc.

I would also get a CT angiogram to get a picture of the coronaries.

If you don't want to go the statin route, check in to ezetimibe.

I recently heard about Ezetimibe for the first time. Any downsides you know of before I dig into the research?

recently i had a ct scan done and was told i have a small amount of plaque build up in my aorta (atherosclerosis)

i stopped my current cycle (test prop/tren ace/proviron) and went back on my TRT dose of 150mg test cyp a week. i feel like having plaque build up in my aorta was a wake up call to finally lay off the heavy stuff after 10+ years of cycling. my question is outside of TRT script is it safe to use like a small dose of another compound like primo or proviron and be ok? im assuming the plaque build up came from high LDL low HDL related to certain compounds. are there ANY compounds that arent as harsh on LDL/HDL or am i pretty much stuck on my TRT for life. i was kinda wondering about like 150 test cyp/200 primo a week
Go down to 70mg test per week.

Pharmacological treatment with FGF21 strongly improves plasma cholesterol metabolism to reduce atherosclerosis​

Cong Liu 1 2, Milena Schönke 1 2, Enchen Zhou 1 2, Zhuang Li 1 2, Sander Kooijman 1 2, Mariëtte R Boon 1 2, Mikael Larsson 3, Kristina Wallenius 3, Niek Dekker 4, Louise Barlind 4, Xiao-Rong Peng 3, Yanan Wang 1 2 5, Patrick C N Rensen 1 2 5
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Aims: Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 21, a key regulator of energy metabolism, is currently evaluated in humans for treatment of type 2 diabetes and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. However, the effects of FGF21 on cardiovascular benefit, particularly on lipoprotein metabolism in relation to atherogenesis, remain elusive.
Methods and results: Here, the role of FGF21 in lipoprotein metabolism in relation to atherosclerosis development was investigated by pharmacological administration of a half-life extended recombinant FGF21 protein to hypercholesterolemic APOE*3-Leiden.CETP mice, a well-established model mimicking atherosclerosis initiation and development in humans. FGF21 reduced plasma total cholesterol, explained by a reduction in non-HDL-cholesterol. Mechanistically, FGF21 promoted brown adipose tissue (BAT) activation and white adipose tissue (WAT) browning, thereby enhancing the selective uptake of fatty acids from triglyceride-rich lipoproteins into BAT and into browned WAT, consequently accelerating the clearance of the cholesterol-enriched remnants by the liver. In addition, FGF21 reduced body fat, ameliorated glucose tolerance and markedly reduced hepatic steatosis, related to upregulated hepatic expression of genes involved in fatty acid oxidation and increased hepatic VLDL-triglyceride secretion. Ultimately, FGF21 largely decreased atherosclerotic lesion area, which was mainly explained by the reduction in non-HDL-cholesterol as shown by linear regression analysis, decreased lesion severity and increased atherosclerotic plaque stability index.
Conclusions: FGF21 improves hypercholesterolemia by accelerating triglyceride-rich lipoprotein turnover as a result of activating BAT and browning of WAT, thereby reducing atherosclerotic lesion severity and increasing atherosclerotic lesion stability index. We have thus provided additional support for the clinical use of FGF21 in the treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
Translational perspectives: Current therapeutics do not fully block atherosclerosis development, indicating a need for additional effective therapeutics. Here, we demonstrate that pharmacological treatment with recombinant FGF21 potently protects against atherosclerosis in APOE*3-Leiden.CETP mice. Mechanistically, FGF21 reduces hypercholesterolemia by accelerating triglyceride-rich lipoprotein turnover as a result of enhancing adipose tissue thermogenesis, thereby alleviating atherosclerotic lesion formation and severity. Consistent with our animal findings, FGF21 administration in obese patients has shown to reduce several cardiovascular risk factors such as obesity and dyslipidemia. Therefore, our present results, together with available clinical data, suggest that FGF21 is a promising therapeutic for atherosclerotic diseases.

Been on this board pushing this stuff for years.....kind of feel sometimes that nobody takes notice until the shit hits the fan.

{Take it from a guy who takes 1, (krill), 3, 4, 5, 6 (not TECA), 7, 8, (agmatine is in my peri workout), 9, 10, 11, .....and got a Coronary Calcium Score years ago....Result? Plaque? ZERO. Ive always put as much thought in the consequences of steroid usage both hormonally to regulate yourself and keep muscle mass over time..... and lipid and organ wise as much as I have given great thought about anything else bodybuilding wise....its something I havent seen many others do over the last 30 years where they mostly depended on the mirror to give them the answer of their internal health. I knew a 21 inch bicep did not mean clean arteries. Why does it seem people only stand up and take notice or listen to advice from people who themselves have screwed up their own health beyond repair....I dont get it. Nevertheless....

Citrus Bergamot pronounced reduction of plaque in 6 months

4 grams of a high EPA supplement

Pomegranate Juice

Nattokinase

Pycnogenol and TECA

Aged Garlic

Maybe Agmatine

Grape Seed Extract

Maybe Serrapeptase

Berberine has shown this in multiple studies too

Been on this board pushing this stuff for years.....kind of feel sometimes that nobody takes notice until the shit hits the fan.

{Take it from a guy who takes 1, (krill), 3, 4, 5, 6 (not TECA), 7, 8, (agmatine is in my peri workout), 9, 10, 11, .....and got a Coronary Calcium Score years ago....Result? Plaque? ZERO. Ive always put as much thought in the consequences of steroid usage both hormonally to regulate yourself and keep muscle mass over time..... and lipid and organ wise as much as I have given great thought about anything else bodybuilding wise....its something I havent seen many others do over the last 30 years where they mostly depended on the mirror to give them the answer of their internal health. I knew a 21 inch bicep did not mean clean arteries. Why does it seem people only stand up and take notice or listen to advice from people who themselves have screwed up their own health beyond repair....I dont get it. Nevertheless....

Pomegranate Juice

Nattokinase

Pycnogenol and TECA

Aged Garlic

Maybe Agmatine

Grape Seed Extract

Maybe Serrapeptase

Dante,

Another great post. Thanks for always sharing your knowledge.

On another note, you used to recommend viva labs krill oil, but I think someone here reported it to have some sort of toxicity if I recall correctly. Is there a brand of krill oil you can recommend or do you still like viva naturals?

As far as fish oil, do you have a preferred brand too?

Thanks for all you do.

Dante, what was there Coronary Calcium Score before they started your supplement regime?

Thank you.

I recently heard about Ezetimibe for the first time. Any downsides you know of before I dig into the research?

The side effects listed look pretty basic and I do not know anyone personally that has used it. This will be my first run and and I am 2 days in at 10mg/day.

They say you should separate the dosage from any bile salts you are taking by at least 4-5 hours.

I have a good baseline on my lipids so I am adding in some winny and var and I will see if the Ezetimibe keeps LDL lower that it usually would. I will draw bloods 2 weeks in and also at 6 weeks at the end of my run to check.

Pomegranate Juice

Nattokinase

Pycnogenol and TECA

Aged Garlic

Maybe Agmatine

Grape Seed Extract

Maybe Serrapeptase

Dante, What brand Krill do you recommend?

I take Bergavit, Niacin, Monocolink-K, Nattokinase (for atherosclerosis). Along with my other health supps, fish oil, etc.
In it for the long-haul for plaque reduction.

The side effects listed look pretty basic and I do not know anyone personally that has used it. This will be my first run and and I am 2 days in at 10mg/day.

They say you should separate the dosage from any bile salts you are taking by at least 4-5 hours.

I have a good baseline on my lipids so I am adding in some winny and var and I will see if the Ezetimibe keeps LDL lower that it usually would. I will draw bloods 2 weeks in and also at 6 weeks at the end of my run to check.
Very interested in knowing how it goes for you. Are you just planning on doing a standard lipid panel or are you adding anything like ApoB, LDL-P, etc?

Very interested in knowing how it goes for you. Are you just planning on doing a standard lipid panel or are you adding anything like ApoB, LDL-P, etc?

I'll just do a standard panel. I usually do the NMR particle test when I do my yearly physical since it's covered by insurance and I don't have to pay out of pocket.

Also, my past NMR test have been done while not on orals so I'd prefer to keep it consistent. I only run orals 6 weeks a year max so I just kinda assume they are going to be skewed. The Ezetimibe experiment is just so see if it will help limit the skewing.

Bile acids actually dissolve it. That's what they do in your liver, and they may be applied elsewhere as well. I could go on and on, but it's just a grain of sand amongst doggcrap.

There's a well known, readily available bile acid in common use. It's called TUDCA. It's even been researched to dissolve kidney stones as well as the soft plaques, and you have to be a bit careful with the stuff. None the less, we know that it wouldn't hurt yah to run it for a while.

Also try Non Steriodal Selective Androgen Agonists with your TRT. There are one of two good ones.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws