over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

atkins diet

joeyrods

Registered
Would Atkins diet with a cycle of test E be good? since it will be all protein

I could be wrong but i dont think the atkins diet is all protein, its protein and fat I think. Either way any time your dieting aas will help to retain lean mass, good luck with your diet bro!

thanks man yeah your right its fat and protein its a great diet since you can eat so much of the stuff your allowed but I've been on this diet before(not while on a cycle) and you have absolutely no energy while on it since your not in taking any carb's and I'm scared that's going to effect my workout routine

the atkins diet should get you into ketosis so your energy should be very consistant it may be lower (your energy) than a diet with carbs but its more consistant.

You will still need to keep track of your calorie intake in order to grow or drop weight

the atkins diet should get you into ketosis so your energy should be very consistant it may be lower (your energy) than a diet with carbs but its more consistant.

I'm reading this and I'll tell ya what bud! Ya think you know how you're body is going to react then go right ahead. You need o learn for yourself wha works and what doesn't but DO NOT fool yourself into thinking that you're energy levels will be consistent because THEY WON'T BE!!! I guarantee it! In fact, like someone earlier said---you will most likely feel like you are dying. IT SUCKS!! Go ahead and try it though.

no carbs is unhealthy for a long peroid, u need to get the fiber in, or you will have probs soon

If your training like a BB or PL then you might want to checkout the Anabolic diet by Dr. Pasquale. It doesn't give you set amounts of carbs like a cookie cutter low carb diets. Some people do good on 30 Gm Carbs ED while others need 100 Gm.

thanks for all the responses
last time i was on Atkins it was horrible i felt like i had no energy although i lost a ton of weight fast it made me feel sick all day is there any good low card high protein diets anyone could recommend? I've tried so many good protein diets and can't seem to gain a lot of muscle mass at all, and I'm starting a test E cycle in about 2-3 weeks and i want to have a great diet to go with it

not too many reasons to throw them out...:cool: -STEELE

More reasons to 'throw them out' than fats and proteins.

Especially when you look at there are no 'essential carbohydrates' and our body has a process called ketogenesis.

I ate a VERY low carb diet when I was prepping for the USA's and I felt awesome! The best I had ever felt during contest prep. My macros were pretty much the same every day since I ate the same thing every day. But I didn't eat just any fat like the Atkins diet seems to do. I ate fish oil and almonds for my fat sources and what I got out of chicken/steak. I had one day a week where I ate carbs, then back on track.

Also my strength didn't decrease and my joints quit hurting. On top of that my skin felt much better. I was quite amazed at these bonuses.

it made me feel like shit. but, yeah go ahead and try it. i will bet that you will feel like crap too.
fact is you don't NEED to do a ketogenic diet to lose weight or even to get very lean so i wouln't do it. eat carbs, like fruits, and you will feel better and energy will be good and i think it helps with recovery. LOTS of good reasons to keep carbs in the diet. not too many reasons to throw them out...:cool: -STEELE
Everyone is different. I think blood work can help tremendously in sorting out a proper diet. On carbs I'm lethargic, my VDL goes up and my HDL goes down. On fat I'm energetic, my VDL goes down and my HDL goes up.

For me a perfect diet averages 50% fat, 25% protein, 25% carbs by the end of the week, including a carb-up. I've been on a high fat diet (50-60% of my daily cals) for about 10 years now. I try to keep 1/3 of my fat in EFA's. I'm 56 and have not had this kind of energy since my 20's. I would never go back.

You've got to experiment. One size (diet) does not fit all.

honestly for me....

thanks for all the responses
last time i was on Atkins it was horrible i felt like i had no energy although i lost a ton of weight fast it made me feel sick all day is there any good low card high protein diets anyone could recommend? I've tried so many good protein diets and can't seem to gain a lot of muscle mass at all, and I'm starting a test E cycle in about 2-3 weeks and i want to have a great diet to go with it

I am naturally lean but what works for me is I actually up my carbs but only consume oatmeal and sweet potatoes or granola hroughout he day. I just increase the amount of meals and decrease the serving sizes and I find that if my supplementation/training is on point (which it always is) then this works magic.

Again, this works excellent for me and a lot of oher guys with "good" genetics.

Well, I wouldn't follow the Adkins style diet with bacon etc

Sausage, cheese, and all those saturated fats. No I wouldn't. However when I did my experiment with the High Protien, moderate fat and low..not zero carbs....I felt terrific. I posted some pics on october 1st. I had plenty of energy and looked good. It didn't even feel like I was trying that hard.

I did feel and look flat until I had my junk day...and no it wasn't a meal...it was a whole day.

I've been reading more about it and I think the reason I felt flat was because I wasn't eating enough fat [Almonds, Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Olive Oil]....I just started the Plan again and this time I'll include more fat.

Honestly, I am sluggish when I eat a lot of carbs. I feel like I need a nap all the damn time.

As far as getting big goes, yeah, I think you should a good amount of carbs. When I was younger I just ate everything that wasn't nailed down. That sort of "big" is what gives you high blood pressure and an ugly physique, unless you are an ectomorph.

I have been on a low fat medium/high carbs and medium/high protein diet for nine weeks. The results are amazing. I am ingesting around 200-250 gms of carbs per day. Dropping BF at a rate which is amazing. Weight drop has not been dramatic but the fat loss has. The atkins diet like other fad diets are for couch potatoes. Not trained or training athletes of any kind. The problem with the no carb dieting is the rebound once you re-introduce carbs back into the diet. Use a high protein medium carb low fat approach and you will be just fine.

thanks so much guys now i have an idea of what to do for this cycle

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner