YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Attention dog owners, I wanted to get this info passed along before anyone loses a fa

Nemain

Registered
Attention dog owners, I wanted to get this info passed along before anyone loses a family member ( their companion/dog ) ..

Just heard on the news that 70 dogs have died as a result of eating chicken jerky treats made from chicken that has come from China.

Kingdom Pets brand from Costco is one of them. Also certain Blue Buffalo brand pet foods have a recall for the same thing. Please re-post or email and make sure all your doggie friends are aware of this..

I figured I'd get this on here, I hope this helps and saves some dogs,

God Bless....
Nemain

__________________________________________________ _______________
U.S. dogs die from chicken jerky treats from China

Posted on November 22, 2011 by Dr. Eowyn | 10 Comments
http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordp...pg?w=423&h=300
China has an abysmal track record in counterfeit products — including fake pet food (that killed American dogs and cats), fake drugs, fake milk and infant formula (that have killed Chinese babies), fake rice (mixed with plastic pellets, I kid you not), and the latest, fake electronics in U.S. weapons which endanger the lives of our troops.
After the 2007 recall of pet food made in China containing the lethal melamine, which led to the deaths from kidney failure of our dogs and cats, why are we still buying pet food manufactured in China? Is the memory of the American people so short and defective?
http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordp...pg?w=400&h=480An example of chicken jerky treats for dogs

JoNel Aleccia reports for MSNBC, Nov. 21, 2011:
Chicken jerky treats may be to blame for dozens of new reports of mysterious illnesses and some deaths in dogs, prompting a renewed warning for pet owners by the Food and Drug Administration.
At least 70 dogs have been sickened so far this year after reportedly eating chicken jerky products imported from China, FDA officials said. That’s up from 54 reports of illness in 2010. Some of the dogs have died, according to the anecdotal reports from pet owners and veterinarians.
FDA officials say they have not been able to find a cause for the illnesses. Extensive chemical and microbiological testing has failed to turn up a specific contaminant and officials did not identify a specific brand of treats. They note that the reports of illness have not conclusively been tied to chicken jerky products, also sold as chicken tenders, chicken strips or chicken treats.
The new warning follows previous FDA cautions about chicken jerky treats in 2007 and 2008. But after a high of 156 reports of illness in 2007, the number of complaints dropped. Now, it’s rising again.
Dog owners and vets are reporting that animals may be stricken with a range of illnesses within days or hours of eating chicken jerky, including kidney failure and Fanconi syndrome, a condition characterized by low glucose.
Symptoms may include decreased appetite, decreased activity, vomiting, diarrhea, increased water consumption and increased urination. If dogs show any of these signs, stop feeding the animal the chicken jerky products, FDA officials said. If signs are severe or persist for more than 24 hours, seek veterinary help.

All the more reason why you should cook a spare chicken breast with no seasoning for your dog while cooking your food. Thanks for the heads up!

just make you think about injecting chinese chemicals....if they can not even make safe dogfood.:(

Has anyone checked out what those doggy treats cost per pound? A lot more than steak. It would probably be cheaper to give fido free range organic omaha steaks.

And I have 3 very spoiled dogs. My friends give me those doggy treats for Christmas every year. Straight in the garbage.

Has anyone checked out what those doggy treats cost per pound? A lot more than steak. It would probably be cheaper to give fido free range organic omaha steaks.

And I have 3 very spoiled dogs. My friends give me those doggy treats for Christmas every year. Straight in the garbage.

Yeah it's a joke what the price is.

When I read this news clip the morning I had to post it up

Not to hi-jack but yesterday we went to Sam's club for a few things and the wife asked me if I wanted to get the dogs a treat so I pick up a 2lb bag of "PUP-PERONI" its made from real beef, well we get home I open them up ,give one to Zeus (bullmastiff), one to Gabby(bullmastiff) and one to Sammy(rat-terrier) and my wife dares me to try one so me being me I take a small bite.......... all I can say is DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!:naughty: They might smell good but taste like crap............. just a FYI so you guys dont try it but dog bones are not that bad !!!!!!!

^ that made me laugh. haha thanks bro..

just make you think about injecting chinese chemicals....if they can not even make safe dogfood.:(

I worry about this too, especially since I have fallen in love with 10iu daily GH from China.

Thanks for the heads up. I recently changed my dogs treats to beef jerky. A big bag of it is cheaper than those chicken things.

Not to hi-jack but yesterday we went to Sam's club for a few things and the wife asked me if I wanted to get the dogs a treat so I pick up a 2lb bag of "PUP-PERONI" its made from real beef, well we get home I open them up ,give one to Zeus (bullmastiff), one to Gabby(bullmastiff) and one to Sammy(rat-terrier) and my wife dares me to try one so me being me I take a small bite.......... all I can say is DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!:naughty: They might smell good but taste like crap............. just a FYI so you guys dont try it but dog bones are not that bad !!!!!!!

I love to pick on my dog by taking a bite of his treats. Dog bones taste like beef flavored rock hard paste. My girl thinks I'm nuts. :D

To the OP Thanks for looking out!

Thanks and def good to know. And engbulldog thats disgusting! the smell alone of dogtreats is foul enough

Thanks for this, good to know considering I get most of my treats at Costco

^^ me too, i just checked the brand we have for our dogs, its KINGDOM PETS:eek:

I do believe we have always gotten our treats from costco. So far so good, i know this bag is half gone and we have had no symptoms as described. but definately will be choosing a different brand now. Thanks for the heads up.

thanks for looking out Nemain, my dog is on those chicken jerkys and it stops now, wonder if costco will give a refund on the bag, shit is a rip off as is and now that its poison on top of it.

I'm glad that I was able to reach out to some dog owners that use the products in question.
I hope your dogs remain same for those that use the product at the moment. I'm sure everything is good to go, but just discontinue using at once.

::ngel-smi It's always a good day when you can make a difference.::ngel-smi

We feed raw beef , so all ours are straight ,, !

Good Point...I have been thinking about that alot lately. Alot of bad things coming out of China......

Last edited:
Good Point...I have been thinking about that alot lately. Alot of bad things coming out of China......

I just noticed that even the frozen fish here , even if it caught in Australia or New zealand is getting processed in China ...
I just got a pallet of caustic soda made in China , it does not dissolve the same as the local made one.

I had no clue that products from China has such a world impact. They really need to regulate things or people will start dieing next...

And to aussiebulldog, same here in the states.. It's a joke when we buy something that is traditionally Americana food or material and it is manufactured in China. Even my Chinese/American friends agree..

I have a bullmastiff and a golden retriever and I'm always weary of a lot of the processed pet foods and treats. I try to give them my leftovers which they seem to like more anyway.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131