advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ATTN: BIG A & MODS, file sharing discussion.

Golgo13

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Guys,

I work in the software/High-tech industry, and thus have been a member of many software and Information Technology online forums. In these forums we discuss all kinds of technology things, from Sun Microsystems new code libraries, to the next iPhone. Some of these forums however have been shut down because of C&D letters and lawsuits that all revolve around allowing discussion and sharing if information on Peer-2-Peer file sharing. Kind of sad when a site that talks about the future of microprocessors has the law shutting them down.

Allowing for this discussion is actually facilitating the stealing of media (how the law sees it) and is heavily policed by the Recording Industry legal teams all over the place. Lately I have noticed on ProMuscle there has been some discussion on file sharing be it, the latest UFC fight, or a file sharing link for the movie Bigger Strong Faster. This kind of thing will draw negative legal attention to this site. Attention we do not need or want.

(I don't want this discussion to be about how file sharing should be legal, or how bad all you guys want to "stick it to the man." Your opinion is irrelevant. The legal liability is a fact.)

Suggestion:
Close/Delete all threads that relate to the file sharing subject. Ban repeat offenders.

These activities are legal in many countries. The USA only accounts for 5% of the population. :)

Guys,

I work in the software/High-tech industry, and thus have been a member of many software and Information Technology online forums. In these forums we discuss all kinds of technology things, from Sun Microsystems new code libraries, to the next iPhone. Some of these forums however have been shut down because of C&D letters and lawsuits that all revolve around allowing discussion and sharing if information on Peer-2-Peer file sharing. Kind of sad when a site that talks about the future of microprocessors has the law shutting them down.

Allowing for this discussion is actually facilitating the stealing of media (how the law sees it) and is heavily policed by the Recording Industry legal teams all over the place. Lately I have noticed on ProMuscle there has been some discussion on file sharing be it, the latest UFC fight, or a file sharing link for the movie Bigger Strong Faster. This kind of thing will draw negative legal attention to this site. Attention we do not need or want.

(I don't want this discussion to be about how file sharing should be legal, or how bad all you guys want to "stick it to the man." Your opinion is irrelevant. The legal liability is a fact.)

Suggestion:
Close/Delete all threads that relate to the file sharing subject. Ban repeat offenders.
When I was a kid I like to tape and record other kids cassette tapes they had bought...never had a cop knock on my door...
I just don't see how now days file sharing is any different than what I did as a child.
The idea one cant or shouldn't listen to music unless said person purchased it is silly...
I can still record songs played on the radio...is that illegal too?

Last edited:
Guys,

Suggestion:

Good looking out bro, thanks...but unless Kaiser or our lawyers see fit, we'll continue on...the way we have been.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws