over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

audio interview with Mike Matarazzo

Damn i hope all goes well for you. Im on 150mg cyp, 25mg proviron and 100mg deca for hrt and my hema was like 56 or 57, i gave blood and then it went to 53, then I drew my own blood a month later and it went to 50, then a month later I went in donated and it was 43. I stopped doing my own blood and just do it every 2-2.5months now at the bank and now its always in the low 40's where i want it. I do find it will creep if im not super hydrated. Are you staying super hydrated everyday.

Yeah, Im well hydrated so its not that. I had an expensive and very long test run on my blood to test for that and it tested out normal. I can offically rule that out. A very accurate test was run using a radioactive tracer. Ive had a shit load of test run. This year my medical out of pocket was about $6k

What sucks is according to what Mike says, both this heart attacks were caused by the doctors. I'm not sure if he realizes what the doctors mean when they say his heart is working 20%. Pretty sure they are refering to his ejection fraction. Which is the amount of blood that is pumped out of the blood each time it fills up. 60% is normal. My mom's EF improved from 45 to almost 60 using Ubiquinol which is a reduced form of Co Q10. She was getting some swelling in her ankles and since the Ubiquinol it has yet to come back.

Unfortunately a stress test is not a good indicator as to wether your arteries are clogged. A good friend of mine had one done and two weeks later after they told him he was a OK he had a heart attack. All major arteries were over 90% clogged. I would suggest anyone on here that is curious to know if their arteries are clogged get an EBT scan done.

Of course an angiogram is the gold standard and will always be. Problem is they just dont routinely prescribe that since its rather invasive. My uncle is a doc though and he had one done just to see how he was. Too bad more people cant do that.
Ive had 3 angiograms now. It is fascinating to look up on the tv screen and see your heart beating and see all the arteries running their course. I watched them suck that clot out of me and then asked them to let me feel it in my hand. They handed it to me in one of those little paper cups kinda like you put katsup in at a fast food resturaunt. Amazing that something so small can take you out. It was about the size of 2 or 3 green peas.

Last edited:
i will finish listening to the interview, but i think he sounds like an ass in the first few minutes. he talks about what is 38yr ex BB gonna do with life and dude is telling him things he could do, and he puts down every thought with an egotistical comment...

mike is abit confusing to listen too.. when all this first happened he said he did not blame the gear but, that he was sure that all the lbs of red meat a day ect ect had more to do with it.. then he has a second attack and he blames the gear in the mags.. i dont know what made him change his story.. dont care.. but, stick with one or the other..

mike is abit confusing to listen too.. when all this first happened he said he did not blame the gear but, that he was sure that all the lbs of red meat a day ect ect had more to do with it.. then he has a second attack and he blames the gear in the mags.. i dont know what made him change his story.. dont care.. but, stick with one or the other..
about him sounding not too smart: ..after listening further it was kind of explained! he said bb got him out of the hood..so he had no education which is why he sounds like he doesnt basically any formal edu

reminds me of the whole lyle alzedo deal...its like he feels like he gonna help a bunch of kids by going the blame it on steriods route(which if he does help some people i guess good for him and them, just sucks its going to give "them" more ammo against the sane use of aas!)...opening of the interview he states he knew he was genetically predisposed to horrible cholesterol values, and states that his yearly blood tests showed basically zero good cholesterol levels....sounds like he was doomed from the start and was destined to be a person juice or no juice to have a heart attach early in life(not saying juice didnt make it come earlier but it was coming soon anyway)
my bro was into working out died of heart issues at 31...had major blockages in main arteries ect...some people just dont hold up as well as others.(barely did any juice at all...hrt doselike cycles just playing around, and DR said it was a genetic thing, his heart disease was a common thing among the young athletes you hear dropping dead on bball court etc..same thing)

Last edited:
yes.. but this is my issue.. he states that he had horrible hdl levels before he started juicing.. then he juices.. and eats high fat ect and bam.. but, instead of putting it into perspective and explaining what happened.. he blames the gear..:mad: i dont get guys like that..

His heart attack does sound like it was the traditional kind where you have atherosclerosis. A bit different than what happend to me since I had no evidence of narrowing of my arteries. I dont think he is trying to blame it entirely on steriods, but is just saying that they along with his lifestyle were contributed to it.
I do think it is wishful thinking though to say that steroids had nothing at all to do with both his heart attack and mine. There are plenty of other cases like ours out there. Blood clots happening. One of our most admired members here on the site died this year from a clot. It is not just chance that these things are happening, especially when you consider the age. there are others on here that have developed cardiomyopathy at a young age while using. Its your decision though, if you want you can keep brushing off these events and just call them pure coincidence or you can take a look at your own habits and make the necessary adjustments to keep the risks to a minimum.

sure gear gone excelerate the issues.. but, he needs to explain other factors and not just blame ithe gear..

Scary shit. And his docs sound incompetent. 2 heart attacks from 2 angiograms? Snipers have a lower kill-rate!

And the sad thing is that many of us can't even look in the mirror and say, "Yeah, but I know what it feels like to be a freak". Not that it's worth a heart attack, but being freaky is an experience. Just one with a high price tag for some. Most of us dont even get that for our troubles.

Worse still, I was looking forward to HRT and now wondering if its worth it. I trained for the last 15 years without AAS and now have waded back into AAS in an attempt to feel better. Im 36, I have 2 jobs, a 23 year old GF and travel all the time. Not complaining, but due to all these factors I was just fucking exhausted.

Juice just makes my life better, so Im hoping theres some healthy way to do this.

Maldorf, we dont know each other, but I've followed your story starting with the abscess and on to the heart problems. Two things Im petrified of. You are like my conscience. Just wanted you to know someone is listening, mate.

sure gear gone excelerate the issues.. but, he needs to explain other factors and not just blame ithe gear..

Well I know I have either heard or seen it printed that he partly blames his diet being so high in red meat. He ate tons of it each day. I never got the impression he was pulling a Lyle Alzado and blaming steroids entirely for casuing his heart attack. I had the impression that he feels it was part of the puzzle that lead to the heart attack. Thats how I feel too about myself. It was just part of the puzzle.

Gotta pay attention to your blood work. I always wanted Mike's crazy calves but I came up a little short lol.

BUMP, thought there might be some new interest

been a lot of heart questions lately on the board, and I know there are new members here that may not have heard this but would be interested. He has an ICD (Implanted cardiac defibrillator) and had bypass surgery( i think quad).

Bump

Bump. I think this is a good audio interiew that maybe some of the members here have not heard yet. Mike is speaking from the heart.

BUMP

Bump for a good audio piece.

bump

I like to bump this every once in awhile for those that might not have heard it yet. Back after my heart attack and getting my defibrillator I tried to track down Mike's phone number so that I could have a talk with him and compare notes and see how hes been doing with his. I couldnt find the number or a way to contact him so I gave up, but I think this interview is very eye opening for bodybuilders in general.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws