YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Australian / New Zealand University sports???

Ivan

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
To all folks living there --- I have been doing some searching and could not really get an answer --- perhaps y'all can help me.....?

I am wondering if the Universities there offer scholorships, or if they have sport teams that represent them (Example: Miami Hurricanes, football) So far I am so lost when I began researching this over there --- from what I got it sounds like there is an entire governing body that is responsible for all sports there? How does this work? What universities are the best for athletic inclined individuals in both Australia and New Zealand??? Thanks in advance!:(

sorry mate....

Australia and New Zealand and most other countries in the world do not have university sports like the USA. If a university does have a sport it is at club level...like the Chemistry Club or Student Government Club you will have the Swim Club and Rugby Club. Occassionally a neighborhood club such as the Happy Valley Rugby Club will give a scholarship to a university which usually means you get a certain percent of your tuition paid however its NOTHING like what you have in the states. That is why you can not find it on the web...it does not exist.

The concept of university sport is VERY American...sorry mate.

I think it depends on the sport. I know a couple of guys from the states who have ended up going over to australia to play rugby, but it wasnt university level it was at the semi pro level I think. Maybe u should start playin some rugby mate

Hi bro there are a few sports scholarships but tend to be based mainly around rugby ( nz national game ) You may be able to get cheaper tution as part scholarships for other sports athletics etc . Will have look around online for you later today :)

Hey KIWI I know Invercargill has a no fees policy and a pretty good scelection of papers geared towards sports. But from what I've found so far only seems to indicate that scholarships are granted for exceptionally gifted rugby players, even then they're few and far between.

Invercargill....never thought i would see that name on a bodybuilding board!
My old home town, memories still haunt me of there!

Wow too bad

I was (and still am) seriously considering studying abroad... Most likely NZ or OZ. Perhaps I should play Rugby eh?

If you are truly gifted, you could get into the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport). If you do , you got it made as they will pay for EVERYTHING - all your living costs, accomodation, etc. You will have top of the line doctors and trainers work on you, and yes, they even pay for your gear, etc, although publically they are very anti-steroid :rolleyes:
All the world and olympic champions that you see out of Aust are the product of the AIS.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131