Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
Average arm size of pros these days?

anabolicdragon

Average arm size of pros these days?
I see most pros say their arms are 20"s or more cold. How true it this? Is this the norm or do they usually fall in the 19"s or even lower sometime. I just can't picture pros having 19" arms. Mine are 19" cold (with some help . And they look small compared to pros out there.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-02-2002 08:09 AM

Phil Hernon
IFBB PRO

Mine were 19 inches
When I competed. Funny how people lose a few inches when they are really mesured, weight too for that matter.

04-02-2002 08:22 AM

anabolicdragon

Thanks
Thanks for the quick reply Phil

04-02-2002 08:26 AM

Big A
IFBB PRO / Moderator

Yes, I agree. Most measurements are bullshit. It's the illusion created that makes them look big.

For example, mine are thick arms and I have extremelly wide shoulders. So the arms don't look that big even if they do measure OK. Yet, two friends of mine - first one his arm is 18.5", he is 5'9 but because he has the most perfect shaped arm you have ever seen, it looks huge, MUCH bigger than mine.
Another friend, he is 6'1, with only 16'5inch arms. But he has VERY narrow shoulders with a 25" waist (no shit). That together with good shape makes his arms look BIG. People see us together they comment on how big his arms are and on me only about how big I am.

It's all relevant to the way the rest of the body looks like and the shape of the arm, so following that a person can say anything they wish as far as measurements go. Although, there are some pros out there with GENUINE huge arms.

04-02-2002 08:31 AM

xcelbeyond
Better than avg BB'er

Big, HUGE difference in appearance between stage-ready 19"ers and normal ones!! Try getting yours as cut as Phil's and see how big they measure

xcelbeyond

04-02-2002 08:32 AM

xcelbeyond
Better than avg BB'er

Want to see some HUGE arms (bigger than most average bb'ers legs!) - check this out: **broken link removed**

xcelbeyond

04-02-2002 08:36 AM

anabolicdragon

I agree
I agree with both yuo guys. My delts over power my arms big time and make them look smaller. I guess 19"s is not small by no means but to me they look small and even smaller on when just hanging by my side but when I flex they look good. Now I have a friend who has very thick arms his arms are probably 19" to maybe 19 1/2" top but people always comment how big his arms are (he is mostly all tri's). Yet when he flexs your like "come on flex" No difference in shape oe size.
when we are together it is the same thing people twll me I am huge but they comment on his arms saying "Damn yuo guys some big arms" I want to be like "Hey what about me my arms are the same size". But on a side note if he was to get down to my bodyfat (he has to be around 14 or 15% his arms would probably be 17".

04-02-2002 08:37 AM

Phil Hernon
IFBB PRO

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

04-02-2002 08:38 AM

xcelbeyond
Better than avg BB'er

Re: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Phil Hernon
yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take it you got a look at Manfred?!?!

xcelbeyond

Last edited by xcelbeyond on 04-02-2002 at 09:10 AM

04-02-2002 08:49 AM

Big A
IFBB PRO / Moderator

Yeah, big bastard. He was the first 'official' user of SEOs' in the mid 90's.

I can't speak for other pros, mine measure about 21/1/4 cold. About a half inch bigger when pumped. My arms size does not change much offseason and precontest. But I stay lean in the offseason ,less then 20 lbs from contest shape. I asked Ronnie what his measured in 2001 when I was talking to him after his Arnold victory. He told me 22 inches. I assume they where bigger later in his career when he was close to 300 lbs

Bumping a post that is over 11 years old?:confused:

I can't speak for other pros, mine measure about 21/1/4 cold. About a half inch bigger when pumped. My arms size does not change much offseason and precontest. But I stay lean in the offseason ,less then 20 lbs from contest shape. I asked Ronnie what his measured in 2001 when I was talking to him after his Arnold victory. He told me 22 inches. I assume they where bigger later in his career when he was close to 300 lbs

Your arms are friggen huge. When did you get your pro card. Sorry if you have told the board already.

:eek:

Old Arthur Jones showed that most pros lied about their arm measurements .
Franco claimed 19+arms and Arthur measured them at 16 1/2 inches.
Arnold said 22 inches and he measured them at 19 something.
I am sure it was close to contest so you can lose some by dieting but all the pros never was as big as they stated.
I am sure there re many past 22 now days .........

Since arm size really is the circumference around the arm, even a flat wide arm could measure larger and look small as hell. I guess the ideal shape would be a thick tricep and huge peak

its a good thread and he offered a thoughtful response so whats the issue?

Seems to me if he wanted to tell everyone about his arms..he could have just made his own thread. ;)
I looked him up on social media....he does have some big damn arms.:headbang:

Those are some massive arms and I'm kind of glad that he bumped it lol.

The biggest things with arms is also how lean they are. Some people naturally got some very lean arms even when they have a high BF %. I am sadly not one of them.

A lean 21.25" arms has to look scary as fuck.

Mine are 20 pumped and just under 19 cold and when i stand next to a pro i feel like i dont even workout but im 6'3 260 so its not as impressive as a shorter guy having 20s. I remember in an interview brandon curry said his were only 19 and they look huge in person.

video of couple
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csh6LjQsVTo]The Measure of Muscle - YouTube[/ame]

Great video. At the 6:30 mark the 24 inch guy seems syntherol ish to me. Just a tad lol his 30 inch legs were legit though. Nice.

They show him again at the 7:40 mark, completely synthol when u see the other angles. Guy is also lobster red and acne scars from head to toe and about to pass out from being out of breath by just measuring his arms. I'm sure that trophy will be well worth it to him though :/.

Great video. At the 6:30 mark the 24 inch guy seems syntherol ish to me. Just a tad lol his 30 inch legs were legit though. Nice.

Its Brad Hollibaugh, did u see the huge bruise where he injects? That's gotta be sore as shit!

the dude at 7:30 sounds like he is about to pass out, his skin is as red as this face :mad:, ....never ever want that.
NW

I have no problem believing most of the larger pros are over 20in... I'm not lean by any means but I don't hold a lot of fat in my arms and the smallest I have ever taped at is 19in.., the largest was almost 23in pumped. But I'm a very large boned thick guy anyways. I'm also 6'2 and well over 300lbs. I will say 20's on a smaller leaner guy looks bigger than 23's on me...

im not a pro. im 5'6" 215lbs with abs and my arms are around 17" and one of my better body parts. i think its all relative. im naturally a fairly petite person.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws