over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Average income of a top IFBB Pro

I would think that you could earn as much as you wanted if you are smart and marketable.

Most people just aren't very smart or marketable though.

I think the higher dollars earned would be a retired pro with good mainstream/ brand marketing i.e. Rich Gaspari, Lee Labrada. The supplement brands they
market are in national chains and probably generate serious money.
As far as income while in competitive years a very small handfull might make
a nice upper middle class income. I would bet Big A would have some accurate insight on this topic. If I was motivated solely by money Pro bbing would be way way down the list as far as lucrative choices for a profession.
To the 99.9999999% of serious bbers enjoy the journey for self because that is the real payoff. There are ways to make some decent cash via the life style but in my humble opinion it wont come from comp/ endorsement avenues
but making smart and realistic choices. As much as I get blown away looking at old pics of incredible conditioning , I had to pause and wonder what Benziza and Munzer's net worth was at the time of their premature deaths.
T

Most people just aren't very smart or marketable though.

Hence the disparity in yearly income amongst the IFBB Pro's

My 2 cents:
I grew up in Hawaii. In the late 80's and early 90's they had the Hawaiian Island Bodybuilding Championships or whatever it was called. My father played golf with one of the promoters. One year [around 90-91] they had four guest posers Shawn Ray, Achim Albrecht, Anja Langer and John Hanizeck [sp?]. The promoter told my dad had a $15K budget just for those four people. I'll assume that included airfare to HI and lodging and of course their appearance fee. So almost $4K average per person and that was 20 years ago. Surely with inflation et al its more than doubled now.

I was stationed on Oahu from 90-93 and I met Shawn Ray there he was signing pics for $10 a pop and there was a line damn near outside the place I'm sure he made 2k just on that, on top of the guest posing fee

For every pro that makes over 200k there are probably 20 that make under 60k.

I would say probably 8 that makes 60k to 40k and 10 30k in a form of contract. Coleman was the first bb that made 1M per year. His first year with Weider generated him $600.000.

I was sponsored by Iovate (Muscletech) for 2 years as an NPC amatuer. They alloted us $500.00 a month in supplements every month. (no pay) We were required to do one show a year, (flight, hotel, entry fees were comped)and if we made IFBB, they would start us at a $2000.00 a month salary, plus $1000.00 for supplements. You get $1000.00 for magazine ads.

I asked the talent recruiter, Aaron Bailey, about Jay Cutler's salary. I asked him how much he made. He said, "A lot." I asked $150k? He said "more." I asked 300K? He said "keep going." I didn't ask and just assumed he made 7 figures.

All the Muscletech employees look like they're in their 20's and their gym is awesome. They let their employees work out for 90 minutes during their shift.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws