over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Average income of a top IFBB Pro

For every pro that makes over 200k there are probably 20 that make under 60k.

Believe it or not, but some of the top pro's I've worked with actually get their shit for free. I cannot name names, but the high end stuff like EPO, GH, etc. typically came from an interested doctor/scientist/researcher-type that's into athletics (not just BBing).

OK, I've said enough. LOL

Good for the both of them, they well eared their keep and payed their dues.

Also, Phil's house is still very nice to what most people have, I have respect for the guy and think he's very modest. I met guys in this lifestyle that were living in cars, but managed to get to the gym ED.

Some rise to the top, and others fail or die in the wake of a champion passing by! ~ Me

No doubt, some top amateurs and pros are able to bring in very respectable earnings. BUT if you think a persons possessions show their financial condition, then you must not be from America.

No doubt, some top amateurs and pros are able to bring in very respectable earnings. BUT if you think a persons possessions show their financial condition, then you must not be from America!

I see Jay's house on MTV's crib a few years back.....Wowza!!

And I read some company gave Lee Priest a fancy shmancy exotic car, too.

So they're definately not hurting!!

So base on your statement Phil Heath, Jay cutler, Kai green make 100k a year ?

lol what a fucking joke, don't make shit up if you don't know !!!

Jay cutler was a guest at one of the supplement store in my area for 4 hours , made 30k right there !!

I did not say the top guys are not making good money, but that is a small number of professionals.
Maybe a bit of work on your reading comprehension....

a top pro was paid $300 to guest pose at the Mr SC years ago! He also had airfare and accomodations, but they were getting a pittance!! If you think these guys are in it for the money, guess again.

Out of all the IFBB guys maybe 10% are over 250K a year...

Very very small chance of being fiscally succesful in this sport. Getting to pro level is a feat in itself... but being MARKETABLE for the endorsements/appearances is a whole nother ball game.

Believe it or not, but some of the top pro's I've worked with actually get their shit for free. I cannot name names, but the high end stuff like EPO, GH, etc. typically came from an interested doctor/scientist/researcher-type that's into athletics (not just BBing).

OK, I've said enough. LOL

I know one too! His Dr. is gay and makes everything for him. He just has to pose for him on demand. Creepy! But oh well, to each his own!

Exactly !

Not to mention how much they charge an hour to train someone ! I know a Pro ( abbas Khatami ) that charges 300 a session... he is not well known and he charges that much

hahahahahha!!!

Trust me bro, Abbas doesn't charge $300 per session. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!

Not guest posing !

he was there at store signings autographs... I asked the manager how much they paid for him to come, she said 30k plus paying for his meals, flight and hotel

Complete and utter bullshit. Cutlers appearance fees without guest posings are minimal, and often he does it for free (expect expenses paid) because he makes a ton of $$ on merchandise sales he brings with him.
HIs guest posing fee isnt even 1/4 of that.

This is a fucking stupid GETBIG like thread.....$30k.. A fucking supplement store would be lucky to even make $30k profit in a couple months!

Complete and utter bullshit. Cutlers appearance fees without guest posings are minimal, and often he does it for free (expect expenses paid) because he makes a ton of $$ on merchandise sales he brings with him.

This is a fucking stupid GETBIG like thread.....$30k.. A fucking supplement store would be lucky to even make $30k profit in a couple months!

x2

Some decent mainsteam celebrities don't even make that much for an appearance. I can believe $3-7k but $30k is just plain wrong.

Back in 1992 when I was a senior at college we hired Lee Labrada to come guest post at our college bodybuilding contest. He was paid for by our private lifting club at the college. We paid for his flight and hotel stay and I think his cash payment was about $5000. Its been awhile, but I doubt the money has increased all that much. Not only did he guest pose, he also held a question and answer session that lasted almost 1 hour.

We also afforded to hire Bob Paris to come in and give a talk. Bob brought along his boyfriend Rod.

Theres the voice of reason. I was thinking the same thing. A few years back our local contest was going to hire Dexter Jackson and I think it was going to cost around $1500 cash plus food, lodging and airfare. When Flex Wheeler was in his prime we had him here in town for the States, so I cant imagine him getting more then $2k.

Does the IFBB have a salary they provide to the pros?
Like a base salary for when you get your pro card?

I would think that you could earn as much as you wanted if you are smart and marketable. Create your own supplement line or your own clothing line.
Then take the money you earn and invest it in stocks, bonds or real estate.
Just like any other person

Does the IFBB have a salary they provide to the pros?
Like a base salary for when you get your pro card?

No. You actually have to pay a yearly IFBB fee, from what I understand (if you want to compete).

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws