advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Avodart for hair loss. Any user comments ?

I have been using Generic Finastride for a year and I am keeping 75 % of my hair. I plan on keeping my hair on my head as long as I can but it appears to be a slow losing battle. I heard of a hair loss drug called Avodart or generic name dutrastride .The drug is supposed to suppress Both types of DHT that cause male hair loss. I think Finastride elimiates only One type of DHT but costs about 1/4 the price as Avodart (Generic). As I said, I won't to keep my hair but not waste any $ on somthing that is not any more effective than what I am using now. Any users or info ?:confused:

steve123456789 said:
I have been using Generic Finastride for a year and I am keeping 75 % of my hair. I plan on keeping my hair on my head as long as I can but it appears to be a slow losing battle. I heard of a hair loss drug called Avodart or generic name dutrastride .The drug is supposed to suppress Both types of DHT that cause male hair loss. I think Finastride elimiates only One type of DHT but costs about 1/4 the price as Avodart (Generic). As I said, I won't to keep my hair but not waste any $ on somthing that is not any more effective than what I am using now. Any users or info ?:confused:

Dutasteride is a competitive inhibitor of both type-1 and type-2 isoenzymes of DHT. Finasteride is a competitive inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase that selectively inhibits the type-2 isoenzyme ONLY.

In clinical tirals, dutasteride resulted in a greater suppression of DHT than finasteride and the response to dutasteride was less variable than finasteride in longer term-studies. After four months of treatment 0.5mg dutasteride reduced serum DHT concentration by 94.7% (+/- 3.3%) while 5mg finasteride decreased serum DHT concentrations by 70.8% (+/- 18.3%).

On paper, dutasteride seems more effective for male pattern baldness. Real- life may be another matter. I dropped the finasteride after several years of successful usage. It just stopped working after a while. I switched to dutasteride a year ago and haven't seen any retention (never mind regrowth) whatsoever. My hair has continued to thin despite the dutasteride use. I was hoping to maintain what I have, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Word to the wise: dutasteride is a potent drug and stronger on the estrogen-related sides. PM me with any questions.

Monte

I think the hair loss is inevitable. You can slow it down by using things such as minoxidal, finastride, dutristride, laser hair stimulator ..But the end result is you will lose the hair. I spent another $ 180 for a 180 supply of the stuff and if I don't get any result sin six months or contine to lose the hair I will give up. At least I gave it my best shot.

Steve

steve123456789 said:
I think the hair loss is inevitable. You can slow it down by using things such as minoxidal, finastride, dutristride, laser hair stimulator ..But the end result is you will lose the hair.

Steve

I have to agree, unfortunately. Here's to hoping they find a cure...!

Avodart is better for BPH (enlarged prostrate) than for preventing hairloss.
that's why GSK did not pursue the hair loss label claim prescribing info-in addition it only being a 500 million dollar a year drug in sales.:D

There is one good benifit I got from te Finastride and Dutraside. My Prostrate has shrunk and I don't have to pee as often. I caused the problem by taking oral 300 MG of DHEA per day. I went from normal to having to pee often and when I went to the bathroom I couldn't pee. It was like I was a 40 yr old with a 75 yr old body. The drugs took about 6 months to reverse my mistake. I think the Hair loss claims are overr the top. If you go to the web sites and see the manufacturer's claims per picture you will see. For instance: 5 % of the guys get say 50 % of their hair back and they Super. Then most of the guys get back very little hair. You honestly have to use a microscope to see the additional hairs. They call this Pretty good etc. They don't lie but the picture and their interpretation of the results don't ass up.

Anybody from Australia here? I've heard about an Australian Doc that relocates hair and it takes. It takes on the characteristics of the transplanted site so maybe it'll fall back out but my back could cover a few dozen of us for, say 200 yrs or so. Anybody know the scene in Australia?

Massive G said:
Avodart is better for BPH (enlarged prostrate) than for preventing hairloss.
that's why GSK did not pursue the hair loss label claim prescribing info-in addition it only being a 500 million dollar a year drug in sales.:D

Yes, unfortunately the only thing that gets the attention of Big Pharma is PROFITS. I don't know that they drew any conclusions about the efficacy of Avodart vs. Propecia in terms of male pattern baldness. However, they did halt MPB clinical trials b/c they felt the consumer would not be able to distinguish between the two medications, both of which are 5-AR inhibitors with similar side effects. And with Avodart, the side effects (especially gyno and impotence) occurred with greater frequency and that is one hell of a hard sell: "We'll save your hair, but take your manhood instead."

GSK determined Avodart would not be a blockbuster drug for MPB, and halted the trials. Of course, it is still prescribed off-label for this purpose. GSK seems to have made a wise decision based on the anecdotal results floating around over the past few years since its release, which are mixed at best.

Monte

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner