over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Avoiding getting carried away with NAC, +boosting glutathione

i think the most interesting things are what is not said.

there is so much medical shit that mentions glut activity, but they rarely get into using too much in terms of nac or glut. just talk about body actions or the idea of using nac to me came from understanding tylenol od and acute liver failure.

again the best part is whats not said.

they dont get too detailed on the who what where why they just say for accute liver failure use x amount. lol

:banghead:

no one is gona promote or study shit they do not make money off of. even schools. schools get there money from drugs companies. the game is rigged!

LMGTFY

It's also in a few Rx's, too.
CerefolinNAC® Prescription Medical Food

https://reference.medscape.com/drug/n-acetylcysteine-mucomyst-acetylcysteine-343425

Last edited:
the real question should be why are you NOT!!!!

if you go to gym you should.
if you take gear, dont even ask!
the reality is they should be the base of any and all supplementation.

really? haven't you seen the dozens of studies showing that they impair/block gains on gym goers even the elderly(who would supposedly
need it the most)??

you should do your homework before giving suuch simplistic advice on these things

Do antioxidant supplements interfere with skeletal muscle adaptation to exercise training? - Merry - 2016 - The Journal of Physiology - Wiley Online Library

Last edited:
really? haven't you seen the dozens of studies showing that they impair/block gains on gym goers even the elderly(who would supposedly
need it the most)??

you should do your homework before giving suuch simplistic advice on these things

Do antioxidant supplements interfere with skeletal muscle adaptation to exercise training? - Merry - 2016 - The Journal of Physiology - Wiley Online Library

I'm more concerned with my long term health and well being than missing out on what probably equates to a negligible amount of muscle mass.

I'm more concerned with my long term health and well being than missing out on what probably equates to a negligible amount of muscle mass.
ROS is still something we should all pay close attention to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

the thing is you're not doing any good to your health by taking those, prolly the opposite, you'd know had you read the link

its not only gains but every good adaptation, like mitochondrial mass you need to burn fat

but convincing you is not my job so go ahead and do whatever you want

Reactive Oxygen Species, it's detailed in the linked study. I believe in balance and moderation. I'm not going to completely ignore antioxidants and their use due to a couple of studies.

its a meta-analysis not a couple studies ;)

Last edited:
so how is my anti ox,anti inflammatory,anti-depression regimen at the moment and if I am not too concerned with muscle building as a primary goal although I tend to do my best in the gym in terms or relearning and retraining exercise motion. I just cant put muscle regardless what I do but not and won't give up,but will stick to this diet for a while:

oily fish and walnuts is before and after workout 2 meals per day( I know I should not do that but muscle building is not the primary goal atm)

smoothie made of kale,brussel sprouts,ginger with each meal, 2 meals per day as Intermittent Fasting

is this a lot of antioxidants (100-150grams of the above veg per meal along with at least 1 can red salmon a day and mackerel/sardines with some chicken thrown in) and 5 ml cod liver oil,5-10gms chia seeds blended

yes, i am aware nac is also a medicine. lol these fuckers dont let anything get away!

the people i spoke of also buy there nac at the pharmacy.

speaking in generalizations is never good as we can always find exceptions.

was speaking on the tylenol thing but...

dont you have like 3 phd's bro?
lol
i expect no less from someone so heavily reliant on the establishment.

;)

need it the most)??

yes i have read the studies.

but im not a study n i dont live in or on paper. i live in the real world and do not have the luxury of testing every variable and nor going to daddy for permission.

what i have is about 40 years of never once being helped in any way by any one in that profession.

all they did is hurt. they hurt my mind, they hurt my body and wanted to do it more.

you can participate, you can believe them, im not telling you not to.

simply telling what has worked in my personal experience, my personal experience also includes other sick ppl that docs couldnt hlep.

i have done alll these things that you guys just read about, thats the big difference. lol i dont have time for school or any of that sort thing and to be honest i think my big take away form school was that people who can not do, teach! lol

so how is my anti ox,anti inflammatory,anti-depression regimen at the moment and if I am not too concerned with muscle building as a primary goal although I tend to do my best in the gym in terms or relearning and retraining exercise motion. I just cant put muscle regardless what I do but not and won't give up,but will stick to this diet for a while:

oily fish and walnuts is before and after workout 2 meals per day( I know I should not do that but muscle building is not the primary goal atm)

smoothie made of kale,brussel sprouts,ginger with each meal, 2 meals per day as Intermittent Fasting

is this a lot of antioxidants (100-150grams of the above veg per meal along with at least 1 can red salmon a day and mackerel/sardines with some chicken thrown in) and 5 ml cod liver oil,5-10gms chia seeds blended

while i think its great to go after nutrient rich foods i personally do not think any of that falls into the catagory of "antioxidants" certainly not how i am speaking of them.

from what i have seen these things make major changes in really sick or somehow wrong ppl.

these guys talking all have a normalish perspective. i been fucked up sicne birth, so i have needed to find solutions that are not cookie cutter and are not by the book.

im sure vinny n stewie still need more "proof" that cannabis is a useful "meidcine" too. lol:cool:

Sure you knew that :rolleyes:

You don't like being called out, do you?

Maybe you can enlighten us on the role of antioxidants activation of specific types of cancer. Or are you that intelligent?

Here's my opinion on antioxidants as a whole, not specifically pointed at NAC.

I'm going to keep it brief and basic ;)

Over activation of these fancy gene regulators, in particular, Keap1-Nrf2 (nuclear respiratory factor 2) and it's interrelationship for gobbling up antioxidants and either use it as a defense mechanism or lead to increased cell proliferation. Better hope you don't have an undiagnosed malignant neoplasm, cuz antioxidants can stoke the fire.

Oh, but I'm sure you're aware of that too, huh?

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 18102017180652.jpg
    ZomboMeme 18102017180652.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
on examine.com, Ive seen doses up to 3g per day to treat Autism.

Any of yall gone up to 3g per week?

Also on examine.com, it was mentioned to take NAC for at least 8 weeks.

Any other general rules you guys recommend, besides:

-for every 3g of Vit C, take NAC
-Take pre-workout?
-Take post-workout
-Take on empty stomach?

Saw it also had a half-life of 1-2hrs....

on examine.com, Ive seen doses up to 3g per day to treat Autism.

Any of yall gone up to 3g per week?

Also on examine.com, it was mentioned to take NAC for at least 8 weeks.

Any other general rules you guys recommend, besides:

-for every 3g of Vit C, take NAC
-Take pre-workout?
-Take post-workout
-Take on empty stomach?

Saw it also had a half-life of 1-2hrs....

yes for years. lol
here again treating autism.

more complicated things that normal medicine doesnt deal with very well.
just like the things im talking about.

Maybe you can enlighten us on the role of antioxidants activation of specific types of cancer. Or are you that intelligent?

Over activation of these fancy gene regulators, in particular, Keap1-Nrf2 (nuclear respiratory factor 2) and it's interrelationship for gobbling up antioxidants and either use it as a defense mechanism or lead to increased cell proliferation. Better hope you don't have an undiagnosed malignant neoplasm, cuz antioxidants can stoke the fire.

I read long long time ago something where Captain Stewie said he takes NAC preworkout cos it does some sexy, erotic & seductive stuff with glut 4 receptors which helps with getting you extra jacked and tanned (ok may be not tanned) so since then i have been taking my NAC 2-3 caps with my preworkout.

So I am good bitches [emoji51]

This is too much science for me lol

If Stewie puts it in his body in a certain way I can follow suit without any hesitation.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

well stew, im sure you are aware that different cancers react very differently to various antioxidants.

some actually can grow and use glutathion!:eek:
so taking glut or nac in some cases could be like feeding that cancer.

can i give you a direct list of every cancer and how they react to antiox? lol no, certainly not. can you? lol with your big books?;)

even vit c can hurt in some cases.

you been all pissy, since you misinterpreted something i said. YOU misunderstood my post. n i said that n the original post, even said i wasnt directing things toward you, but none the less this is where we be.

in regards to the nac. lol idk what to tell you. i live in a place that doesnt have supplements! lol so 100% if one wants something like that they are buying a brand name "medicine".

more things pharmocom dont tell you huh?

now, me. lol i dont use that shit!
why?

cus i am not paying these guys that kinda money!
even with the third world exchange rate i get idk 500g of nac pure for the price of one box of "rx" nac. so you can make funny faces n put up pics all you like.

i understand you support these guys.
you support them because they support you, they feed you n provide you work and all the big words that allow you to try to talk down to us normal folks who didnt have the time money or belief in that whole game.

i dont support them, or at least i try to avoid it whenever possible.

i feel they and the business model they represent have done too much harm.

again, just me n my real world experience.

call me out all day if you like, i know you have have the time and books to reference.

:D

I take 600-1200mg NAC a day depending on time of year (flu season i take 1200mg). I don't take extra vitamin c. My multivitamin is more than adequate and i eat fruit and veggies regularly.

well stew, im sure you are aware that different cancers react very differently to various antioxidants.

some actually can grow and use glutathion!:eek:
so taking glut or nac in some cases could be like feeding that cancer.

can i give you a direct list of every cancer and how they react to antiox? lol no, certainly not. can you? lol with your big books?;)

even vit c can hurt in some cases.

you been all pissy, since you misinterpreted something i said. YOU misunderstood my post. n i said that n the original post, even said i wasnt directing things toward you, but none the less this is where we be.

in regards to the nac. lol idk what to tell you. i live in a place that doesnt have supplements! lol so 100% if one wants something like that they are buying a brand name "medicine".

more things pharmocom dont tell you huh?

now, me. lol i dont use that shit!
why?

cus i am not paying these guys that kinda money!
even with the third world exchange rate i get idk 500g of nac pure for the price of one box of "rx" nac. so you can make funny faces n put up pics all you like.

i understand you support these guys.
you support them because they support you, they feed you n provide you work and all the big words that allow you to try to talk down to us normal folks who didnt have the time money or belief in that whole game.

i dont support them, or at least i try to avoid it whenever possible.

i feel they and the business model they represent have done too much harm.

again, just me n my real world experience.

call me out all day if you like, i know you have have the time and books to reference.

:D

It's all good, man. Textual content can certainly lead to misinterpretation.

My preferred method of conversation is through face-to-face or over the phone.

My wife would much rather have a full-fledged texting conversation... 50+ percent of the time it ends up being miscommunicated and I end up caller her. Or I stop responding through texts.

Nonetheless, it's cool ✌

My wife would much rather have a full-fledged texting conversation... 50+ percent of the time it ends up being miscommunicated and I end up caller her. Or I stop responding through texts.

Nonetheless, it's cool ✌

I have the same problem sometimes. Texting can be misinterpreted and lead to arguments when in reality you're both on the same page lol

Nonetheless, it's cool ✌

100% agree!
though even in person i am not easy! lol
n bro im sure everyone here knows i can be an argumentative asshole, i cant hide it.

honestly was just a lil surprised that you took it like that, i figure you been reading my ... idk... long enough to know that most 6 years olds have better spelling, grammar and hand wrighting then me! loHl

i laugh cus nothing else to do, seriously i spend a lot of time using google to try n spell shit, n THIS is about as good as even that gets me.

my brain just doesnt work like that.

and...

i have a good deal of respect for you knowledge, in the future dont take it so hard! its not at you!

but...

you can still call me out if you like! lol
have a great day bud!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members