over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Avoiding getting carried away with NAC, +boosting glutathione

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So here I found myself recently popping 1100-1600mg worth of NAC a couple times daily and also consuming 600mg within my pre workout.

Although I'm normally on top of things, this recent practice has had me missing some points.
A) consuming a proper ratio of vitamin C along with NAC ingestion
B) not consuming so much NAC that it becomes pro oxidant/boosts oxidized levels of glutathione

EVERYwhere I read, NAC dosing is suggested as low as 200 - 600mg daily and up to 600mg 3x daily. Here I was forgetting that more is not better....BETTER is BETTER.

With that said...are there any educated in the medical field(Gotgame,Stewie etc) or in the know that can verify how to best utilize NAC?

Does anyone use sublingual glutathione or glutathione injections (iv).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I do the IV glutathione push usually 2x a month. I do it after IV alpha lipoid acid and then on opposite weeks I do a Ozone infusion and then 25 grams IV Vitamin C drip after.

I wouldn't say these you really "feel" these but I can say in the 2 years I've been doing it I haven't really been sick and overall I feel pretty good. I do skip some weeks here and there due to schedule.

On another note, I recently started doing 1 EDTA chelation per month as a preventative measure for heart disease. With heart disease in my family I figured it would be a good idea to start these at my age (40's)

I take 600-1,200 mg NAC myself daily along with Vitamin C. I have no idea what the correct ration news to be. By the way, NAC is pretty bioavailable….no need to pin unless you enjoy the pain.

I take 600-1,200 mg NAC myself daily along with Vitamin C. I have no idea what the correct ration news to be. By the way, NAC is pretty bioavailable….no need to pin unless you enjoy the pain.
Injectable glutathione different...much more powerful and is the actual 'master anti oxidant'.

I take NAC because I don't do the glutathione injects (yet).

The ratio I've seen is anywhere from 1:1 to 3:1. Hard to decipher facts in this case.

Knight, Do you feel any difference using NAC (I regards to recovery, etc.) I've been using it daily for the last year and I swear I have not had any issues with my asthma….If this is a placebo effect, I'll take it. I also don't get sick.

On another note, I recently started doing 1 EDTA chelation per month as a preventative measure for heart disease. With heart disease in my family I figured it would be a good idea to start these at my age (40's)

I don't want to hijack this thread but do you have to find a progressive doctor to do something like this?

Id suggest people.go thru spectracell and get appropriate blood work before messing w any glut i recently had my glut checked and when i get my results ill let ya know,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't want to hijack this thread but do you have to find a progressive doctor to do something like this?
Chelation therapist, google them in ur area, not cheap, but cheaper if purchasing a package for a year where i live

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

long time no see brotha!!!
hope all is well

i used NAC at super high doeses for many years prior to inj glut.
even with inj glut nac has a place.

you can find studies on bipolar disorder using 3+g ed
i personally used 3-5g ed for years on end.
with who know 20 other things too.

the idea of pro oxidation is in my experience and idea.
i have not once encoutered anything like it in reality and feel there ia a lot of establishment bs involved in promoting that idea.

cant have ppl doing the shit i do n see how it works can we? lol
so yes! live in fear of too many antiox.:eek:

everyone loves to call me a dick and insist this is about personal interst but dude, i got on this antiox kick in literally 2000ish, staying healthy and the idea of antiox was one of my big take aways from dc. that was like 03. and only went way up from there. so 15 yeas i have been blasting what you all probably would think as scary unhealthy over use of antiox but..

i dont get sick and i am getting better in every possible way, even look better. impossible things happen.

15 years of doing it, not reading.

i do not think you will ever get near too much, believe me i tryed!

:headbang:

long time no see brotha!!!
hope all is well

i used NAC at super high doeses for many years prior to inj glut.
even with inj glut nac has a place.

you can find studies on bipolar disorder using 3+g ed
i personally used 3-5g ed for years on end.
with who know 20 other things too.

the idea of pro oxidation is in my experience and idea.
i have not once encoutered anything like it in reality and feel there ia a lot of establishment bs involved in promoting that idea.

cant have ppl doing the shit i do n see how it works can we? lol
so yes! live in fear of too many antiox.:eek:

everyone loves to call me a dick and insist this is about personal interst but dude, i got on this antiox kick in literally 2000ish, staying healthy and the idea of antiox was one of my big take aways from dc. that was like 03. and only went way up from there. so 15 yeas i have been blasting what you all probably would think as scary unhealthy over use of antiox but..

i dont get sick and i am getting better in every possible way, even look better. impossible things happen.

15 years of doing it, not reading.

i do not think you will ever get near too much, believe me i tryed!

:headbang:
Always appreciated you and your posts...however in your years of using 3 to 5 grams of NAC, you were never looking or testing for high levels of oxidized glutathione etc.. There are studies showing excess had some questionable negative findings.

Maximal glutathione production from NAC and positive other benefits all seem to be listed at 600-1800mg.

Knight, Do you feel any difference using NAC (I regards to recovery, etc.) I've been using it daily for the last year and I swear I have not had any issues with my asthma….If this is a placebo effect, I'll take it. I also don't get sick.

bro...
there is reason!
lol
your lungs are essentially lined with glut! lol
there are tons of studies about this beign deminished in smokers AND alcaholics!!!!

think bout that mother fucker! alcaholics=severe glut defficentcy in lings...

also asthma.

nac works for kids here too.
girl 5-6 years old with lung issue and sick very often.
had a bag o drugs from dr and mom told this is what life would be...

:p
nope
nac
thats it!
no more drugs,
no more breathing issue
no more sick kid
generally 1200 mg ed split in two
upped if seeing any sort of cough/cold

three years since then
the child has not missed one day of school nor been sick since, 3 years. kindergarden through 2nd grade.

please those with children tell me if you can say the same...

what do i know?

:welcome:

Always appreciated you and your posts...however in your years of using 3 to 5 grams of NAC, you were never looking or testing for high levels of oxidized glutathione etc.. There are studies showing excess had some questionable negative findings.

Maximal glutathione production from NAC and positive other benefits all seem to be listed at 600-1800mg.

brotha, i dont have the luxury of that life. lol

i have been and am dealing with issue that docs can not resolve.
there ways = more sick that is experience

for many years my only markers are real life. i dont have docs i dont have normal life, i need to take care of myself.

think about this.
psoriassis.
if i am not near 100% i have joint pain and my skin is fucked up.
more then 20 years ago i went to dr for that.
there ways make it worse.

im not saying you gona reverse anything in short time.
i have been blasting theories for years. thats all i can tell you.
the results very clearly speak for themselves.

i get all sorts of wierd auto immune shit, see the shingles thread. lol

these are markers my friend.
if anything is not on point these show me.

also training n getting sick.
my entire life i have been sick. starting as a kid. antibiotics all the time, strep throat all the time, into my 20. being sick kept me out of gym and out of work. coupled with my fucked up head.. life was no good bro. no way to function like a "normal" person.

so i dont really care about studies. FOR ME.
what you do is your thing.

from my simple observations you like most here obsess on research. you wana know 100% xyz.
thats isnt me.

because... im doing things no one else does!
science is only beggining to confirm some of these ideas that i have been implementing for a long time.

now, this is not safe!!!
so if you are a "normal" guy with a normal life and normal averison to risk, this shit might not be for you.
i am not normal in any way.

i alsso feel you need to take most of this "medical" info with a grain of salt.

most "medical" info is bullshit!
pure and simple bought and paid for, this statement is not from me, but from ( for get who, if you really need me to ill find it but im sure you can ) a top doc of some top world organization. more then 50% of the info out there is pure bullshit!

lol get that???

who pays for medical schools? drug companies!

do they want you taking nac???

this horror show is rampant everywhere in society.
just look at "m_j"
prohibition keeps price artificailly high which makes true medical use relitively inexcessable to most people.

think how much 50-100g a wk runs. thats where we talking in terms of raw production for medical use. this is rough generalization as mst use extracts at this level but thats the raw needed or more to get to see serious antiox function.

no one wants you to fix yourself..
no one wants you healthy n strong n smart.

well, i want you to be. but...;)

think who the info comes from
thats all.

My brother commented on his better breathing when using nac. It helps reduce phlegm.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26324807

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

why are you using antioxidants in the first place??

the real question should be why are you NOT!!!!

if you go to gym you should.
if you take gear, dont even ask!
the reality is they should be the base of any and all supplementation.

oxidation is the reason at its base for most of our major health problems.

this stuff is so cheap and so potentially good i dont understand someone having a question.

have you taken any sort of antibiotic or medicine in the last ten years?
if answer is yes.

same answer should apply to antiox.
it is that simple.

Reading dr Michael Colgans book back in the day. He provided suggestions for daily consumption of various supps including their interactions. He always said to take vit c in a 3 to 1 ratio with nac I believe to avoid kidney stones.

I feel like an idiot for not knowing about NAC earlier!

Any great threads/links/articles you guys recommend?...

So I can start reading/studying about NAC, Glutathione, etc.?!

I feel like an idiot for not knowing about NAC earlier!

Any great threads/links/articles you guys recommend?...

So I can start reading/studying about NAC, Glutathione, etc.?!

i think the most interesting things are what is not said.

there is so much medical shit that mentions glut activity, but they rarely get into using too much in terms of nac or glut. just talk about body actions or the idea of using nac to me came from understanding tylenol od and acute liver failure.

again the best part is whats not said.

they dont get too detailed on the who what where why they just say for accute liver failure use x amount. lol

:banghead:

no one is gona promote or study shit they do not make money off of. even schools. schools get there money from drugs companies. the game is rigged!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear