over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Awesome analogy by Justin Harris.

He’s always seemed like a good, level headed dude. I remember watching the DVD of him and Steve Kuclo doing DC workouts back in the day. He was/still is a strong sob!!!! Definitely embodied the whole powerbuilding concept.

Solid analogy I haven't heard before. Thanks for the share.

dan Duchaine said something like that 40 yrs. ago.The more you take the bigger you get, if you train and eat enough

"everyone wanna build a house but no one wanna supply the lumber" lol

Funny enough, I just. saw Chavez say a similar analogy. Responding to a question if it's possible to grow a bit of muscle overeating protein. Chavez said supplying more protein is like supplying more bricks to a construction site when there is already plenty. But there aren't enough workers! Workers = growth factors. He said the limiting factor is usually just energy, like carbs. Lol.

Funny enough, I just. saw Chavez say a similar analogy. Responding to a question if it's possible to grow a bit of muscle overeating protein. Chavez said supplying more protein is like supplying more bricks to a construction site when there is already plenty. But there aren't enough workers! Workers = growth factors. He said the limiting factor is usually just energy, like carbs. Lol.
Justin Harris states we only digest about 1g protein per hour

Up to minute 44

Here's another interesting video with Justin Harris on Dave Tate's podcast.

Love Tate's Table Talk Bio, watched the entire thing.
Justin approaches diet and training on two sides, the smart scientific side as well as the giant meathead side. And i can appreciate both of them.
VERY FEW coaches who understand the science side as well as he does. He got me to my biggest and leanest and i enjoyed the ride.
He and i would bullshit and just talk shop every couple days, very down to earth guy.

I feel like a shell of my former self right now lol but when I DO get back to a blasting, he's on speed dial.

Where did he say that??????????
This is the third time I've posted this. No one ever watches it. He doesn't say it exactly like that, but outlines that only a fraction of our intake goes to muscle growth. Further emphasizing that's why we need a higher intake in the first place.

This is the third time I've posted this. No one ever watches it. He doesn't say it exactly like that, but outlines that only a fraction of our intake goes to muscle growth. Further emphasizing that's why we need a higher intake in the first place.

yup thats why he is against whey isolate alone.

Where did he say that??????????
“Protein synthesis is a slow act….if you can convert even 25g of your daily protein to new muscle per day….that’s 20lbs of muscle per year.

So realistically, the maximum amount of protein we can synthesize per hour is about 1g.”

Justin Harris
“Comprehensive Performance Nutrition”

He said it on a YouTube video also, maybe Fouad’s podcast. I forget.

“Protein synthesis is a slow act….if you can convert even 25g of your daily protein to new muscle per day….that’s 20lbs of muscle per year.

So realistically, the maximum amount of protein we can synthesize per hour is about 1g.”

Justin Harris
“Comprehensive Performance Nutrition”

He said it on a YouTube video also, maybe Fouad’s podcast. I forget.
FYI he says "synthesis new muscle" not digest protein. Not the same thing as digest one gram per hour. All of the protein you use isn't to create new muscle. Otherwise anything over 24 grams of protein a day is useless.

FYI he says "synthesis new muscle" not digest protein. Not the same thing as digest one gram per hour. All of the protein you use isn't to create new muscle. Otherwise anything over 24 grams of protein a day is useless.
I know. I misquoted in original post.

It was bothering me so had to find the exact wording of it.

idk; not a big fan of justin like everyone else on nutrition. nothing he says I haven’t heard before from layne.

He talks about carb cycling like it’s the holy grail.

idk; not a big fan of justin like everyone else on nutrition. nothing he says I haven’t heard before from layne.

He talks about carb cycling like it’s the holy grail.
Sometimes carb cycling can be something as simple as not having the intra-workout drink on non-training days, which will bring the carbs down substantially if a lot are being consumed during a training session. That said, I can't say exactly how Justin structures his client's programs for each and every individual. I think he keeps it basic because it works, whether it is carb cycling or not. Sometimes boring is best for most trainees, but I have to imagine he has tools in the shed to pull out if needed during prep as it grinds down....again, it probably varies trainee to trainee.

...I know you know this, just speaking out loud:)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131