advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Awesome Genetics- not the kind we think about usually.

ajdos

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
My father was recently in the UNC online publication- they wrote an article about how he still goes to the college gym and trains, hes become somewhat of a figure there and an inspiration to some.

Hes not-nor was he ever into bodybuilding- but I can remember him taking me to the gym with him many times when I was just a kid. Hes been training longer than I have been alive.

Hes 91.

Still works out- when people ask me where I got my training drive and motivation from- its from this side of the family, although my mother was athletic too.
Dood is tough as nails- proud of the ol guy.

Good to see man. Staying active has probably been a big part of him reaching that ripe age of 91. Hope to see him pull at least another decade out of it!

Wow, he looks great. What an inspiration :)

This kind of story motivates the hell out of me.. Your pops looks incredible and to be able to train speaks for itself.. Curious about this - does he live a rather stress free life? I mean in his younger years did he somehow manage to take most things in stride? The older I have gotten the less I allow things to affect me - even things that most would see as major.. I just hope that being this way now can maybe somehow reverse the freaking wound too tight stress monster I used to be!!
Aj - its awesome to see this and PLEASE tell your pops that he inspires complete strangers world wide!!

thats awesome brother! not sure about NC but he looks better than most 70 years olds in Mississippi!

I think its great. I know a lot of gents in there 70's and 80's at the gym.
All with great additudes and some with still very good physics.
Hope to join them one day.

Good for him!!

That's really awesome man.
I constantly see people in their 60s that can't even get themselves to go in the gym and do this.Much props

That's really awesome man.
I constantly see people in their 60s that can't even get themselves to go in the gym and do this.Much props

Man,where I live there's people in there 20s and 30s that can't get there self's to go to the gym and do this, there to tired,it was a busy week at work, the kids have been playing up, there's hung over lol the list goes on. I like seeing older people with pride and drive that still want to look after the selves.

Last edited:
This kind of story motivates the hell out of me.. Your pops looks incredible and to be able to train speaks for itself.. Curious about this - does he live a rather stress free life? I mean in his younger years did he somehow manage to take most things in stride? The older I have gotten the less I allow things to affect me - even things that most would see as major.. I just hope that being this way now can maybe somehow reverse the freaking wound too tight stress monster I used to be!!
Aj - its awesome to see this and PLEASE tell your pops that he inspires complete strangers world wide!!

Actually his life was pretty tough, he grew up poor my grandparents were immigrants that came over during WWI and lived in Canada- they lived in Seskatchewon (sp?) its cold as shit and they had not very much growing up, he went into the Canadian Army at 17! Spent 4 years in the infintray and armored division in WWII then came back moved to the US went to college got a degree in Biochem a PHd then moved to UNC to teach.
My Dad and I handle stress the same way- we both have bad tempers and let it go sometimes- but we both are physical and blow off a lot of our stresses at the gym- but to say he was ever laid back or had a chill life- not raising me - I was a problem kid very early on.
The guy is just tough-they dont make them like that anymore.

That's bad ass! Looks like he is 70! Props

That is amazing! My grandfather was just like that up until a few years ago. Every time I drove back home to see them he would challenge me to push up contests

Actually his life was pretty tough, he grew up poor my grandparents were immigrants that came over during WWI and lived in Canada- they lived in Seskatchewon (sp?) its cold as shit and they had not very much growing up, he went into the Canadian Army at 17! Spent 4 years in the infintray and armored division in WWII then came back moved to the US went to college got a degree in Biochem a PHd then moved to UNC to teach.
My Dad and I handle stress the same way- we both have bad tempers and let it go sometimes- but we both are physical and blow off a lot of our stresses at the gym- but to say he was ever laid back or had a chill life- not raising me - I was a problem kid very early on.
The guy is just tough-they dont make them like that anymore.

Thanks man.. You just gave me some hope for my Pops and myself!!!

thats awesome brother! not sure about NC but he looks better than most 70 years olds in Mississippi!

Most my family is in NC. None look like this if they make it to 75. Not just my family but most in their area at least diabetes is almost epidemic.

Adjos your dad is an awesome example to many. Good for him.

that's freakin awesome to see!

he looks great too! def more like 70s for most!

my mom started doing physical stuff as she got older, started doing triathlons at 50 and has now become more interested in gym stuff, she is in her mid 60's and doing great.

her first real gym goal now is to deadlift her weight! and she is really close after a pretty short time!

if I could work wither a little more im sure she would have it already.

my moms dad is about the age of your dad, he is great too, always doing yard work and walking outside, training and physical stuff is the real key to anti aging!

Now THIS is the kind of person I look up to. Not Phil Heath, or Ronnie Coleman, but the average guy who makes it through decades of training with dedication and persistence to live a long and healthy life. IMHO, that's something very admirable.

maybe not public

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner