over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

b-boy and other competitors during PREP weeks

Jon Vander Van Assche

Registered
So I’m 8 weeks out, starting to lose the pump in my workouts, I kno to still train as heavy as I possibly can but I’m feeling the effects big time, just feel tired, I haven’t competed in so long I’m not exactly sure how I should be feeling, yesterday I did back and just felt flat and tired, I know every day is different and today I could find pump and feel more energetic, but I need to hear from you guys and your experiences, when you contest prep and train does your training go and is it like mine at times? Also my sex drive has dropped significantly, still managed to have sex last night and all went well but it takes my wife to initiate big time haha talk to me guys.

So I’m younger and have only done 5 shows but I have noticed things that occur without fail when you’re truly giving contest prep your all

1. You’re going to get smaller, weaker and less pumped/full

2. Sex becomes a chore

3. Having to get up and look for the TV remote is an arduous task

4. You second guess your every move/decision

5. You start disliking people and isolate yourself

These things suck but they’re temporary and they’re overshadowed by winning your show. Number 5 is actually the only one that can do real damage in the long run so it’s important to keep in mind bodybuilding really isn’t that serious lol

Good luck brother, keep pushing!

Training wise don't worry, the main thing you want to pay attention to is your strenght, if you are loosing a good amount of strenght then you need to rethink your diet approach. Yes you will get slightly weaker from lack of energy and muscle glycogen but your strenght should not plummet, if it does then you are loosing to much lean muscle tissue.

The dip in sex drive is due to continually being on lower calories, this is part of your body's survival strategy, in time of famine your body reduces sex hormones so you will spend what little energy you have remaining searching for food and not trying to reproduce.

Ok pretty much scratch everything I said above haha, I went in today and did chest and was strong as an ox and got one hell of a pump, felt superhuman, so I guess somedays your body just isn’t feeling it and others it is.

thanks guys for helping and replying, I needed to hear things, it’s just been so long for me, over 15 years I have honestly forgotten all the shit that comes with prep, so if I’m asking questions or wondering it’s honestly because I have forgot 🤷🏻‍♂️

Total preps 8- prepped for 2010 and show was canceled, finished prep and peak day and even took pictures, to see how I looked
Total competitions 7
half ass preps and cuts , a lot, since 2003

competed since 2009-first show was in a nattty organization but I feel I learned my body more without hormones

decided to use over the counter hormones

second show back when I took a lot of time off hormones, prep 2012 I didn't use anything all year 2011-2012 until contest time then used orals only and gained strength and lost body fat going into competition

2016,17,18,19 classic physique

Its so cliche , its important to stay lean year round 10-12 % , as it makes contest prep much, much easier

no more than 20 lbs max past your contest weight.. *remember you can drop 5 lbs easy last couple days, so this is included. Its better to be more strict, esp if you've had to struggle with getting lean, and going through 2-3 hours cardio at times, feeling drained, moody, etc which is normal.

Total preps 8- prepped for 2010 and show was canceled, finished prep and peak day and even took pictures, to see how I looked
Total competitions 7
half ass preps and cuts , a lot, since 2003

competed since 2009-first show was in a nattty organization but I feel I learned my body more without hormones

decided to use over the counter hormones

second show back when I took a lot of time off hormones, prep 2012 I didn't use anything all year 2011-2012 until contest time then used orals only and gained strength and lost body fat going into competition

2016,17,18,19 classic physique

Its so cliche , its important to stay lean year round 10-12 % , as it makes contest prep much, much easier

no more than 20 lbs max past your contest weight.. *remember you can drop 5 lbs easy last couple days, so this is included. Its better to be more strict, esp if you've had to struggle with getting lean, and going through 2-3 hours cardio at times, feeling drained, moody, etc which is normal.
Yeah I was already pretty lean leading in to Q
this, I don’t do more then 30-45 minutes EOD for cardio and it’s low intensity. Weight keeps dropping ever so slowly 💪

QUESTION does anyone know if the men’s masters classic physique would go before the Open Classic physique? I’m entered in both.

Hehe you doing it right john ! 😉

Your feelings are prep 101 haha

Totally normal for me to be flat , tired and weak some days as bboy said only pay attention to strength and if fat falling off

I get very isolated from 8 weeks out , most days i not want see noone..

As far as sex drive .. im same .. low calories=no bueno ! Haha

Hey you gota feed the bear for it to dance !!

And i m same about the “ initiating” hahaha my wife complain all the time for the overtime 😉

Looking great on the vid , im rooting for you !!

Training wise don't worry, the main thing you want to pay attention to is your strenght, if you are loosing a good amount of strenght then you need to rethink your diet approach. Yes you will get slightly weaker from lack of energy and muscle glycogen but your strenght should not plummet, if it does then you are loosing to much lean muscle tissue.

The dip in sex drive is due to continually being on lower calories, this is part of your body's survival strategy, in time of famine your body reduces sex hormones so you will spend what little energy you have remaining searching for food and not trying to reproduce.

Have learned so much from you ,thank you for your time all this year on all boards and your honesty

Respect ✊

if youre not miserable, youre not dieting hard enough. thats really how i feel. i know my body is doing what it shld when i have no energy and feel like a zombie. lots of ppl take stims during their prep, i dont do it nor do i do it during off season. all of my clients who are off social media do their diets to a T, walk around like the walking dead and still manage to get all their lifts in end up placing very well in their shows. i get a kick out of the comments i get when my clients say 'im so flat though when i lift'...my response is, you will carb up the week of the show hahahahaha...youre gonna be flat, wear long sleeves or a sweat shirt to train, dont let anyone see before you unveil the master piece....or at least itll keep you from mind fucking yourself.

at 8 weeks out i feel hes ok still lifting heavy, but i back my clients off at 4 weeks out...even at 6 i tell them youre not going for any powerlifting records so train smart. why diet and cardio all this time just to get hurt bc you wanted to lift heavy still...any muscle gains were done in the off season, now its time to shed the fat and KEEP the muscle that was gained during the off season.

the shows i judge all the masters are usually first up before open, but its up to the promoter
Cool thanks good to know. What states do you judge in?

at 8 weeks out i feel hes ok still lifting heavy, but i back my clients off at 4 weeks out...even at 6 i tell them youre not going for any powerlifting records so train smart. why diet and cardio all this time just to get hurt bc you wanted to lift heavy still...any muscle gains were done in the off season, now its time to shed the fat and KEEP the muscle that was gained during the off season.
Makes sense

Question, I’ve been reading it’s ok to take BCAAs 3 times a day when in prep to help keep muscle, what are the thoughts on this?

Question, I’ve been reading it’s ok to take BCAAs 3 times a day when in prep to help keep muscle, what are the thoughts on this?
Don`t take BCCA before bedtime it will keep you up. Start taking CoQ10 with Fulvic acid before training. Before bedtime take Collagen petide 20g. You can call me if you want.

The combination of CoQ10 and shilajit has been shown to result in elevated levels of the body’s primary source of energy: ATP (adenosine triphosphate).10,12

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws