over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back Deficiency

megarips250

Registered
Late 20's, 230lbs, 5'11, 10% bf, training seriously and consistently for 3 years (overall been bodybuilding on and off for 8 years), protein intake 250g-300g, 5-6 meals a day (No protein shakes just whole foods), carb intake 200-250g usually taken pre/post workout, 50g of fat usually taken in the morning/b4 bed.

Carb source: Sweet potatoes/White Potatoes/White rice

Protein Source: Chicken/Whole eggs/ Egg whites Mon-Fri__ Beef/Salmon/ thrown in on Sat-Sun.

Fat source: Olive oil/ Whole eggs/Salmon/Beef

Running:
212mg of Test prop a week (30mg every day)
350mg Deca a week (50mg every day)
15mg Dbol pre workout on Back/Leg days

So my issue is that my lats and rhomboids are having a hard time growing both in width and thickness. The gains are coming in but they are very slow and it's frustrating the hell out of me. As far as my training goes, IMO I'm killing my back and engaging my muscles. I don't ego lift, however I lift heavy enough Where I'm falling into the 5-6 rep range and really squeezing the muscle.

Workout example: Cable lat pull downs: Set 1: 12-15 reps 140lbs__ Set 2: 8-10 reps 180lbs__ Set 3: 5-6 reps 220lbs__ set 4: 150lbs drop set as many times as I can while squeezing the hell out of my back on the pull down and slowly coming up then I move on to the next machine. The rest of my workout routine looks like this.

I take 2-3 days off to rest every week.

What can I do/take to make my back blow up?

I have never taken Tren and really don't want to. Just started injecting my lats with Test prop which helps a little but I know it's just inflammation. Maybe 1000mg of deca? lol.

I appreciate the help!

Attachments

• Png.jpg
    Png.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
id have no libido at all if i ran deca that much more than test... such low doses you got there... you really arent going to get much growth off of what you are running... at least not the kind of growth you are looking for...
just a suggestion, but switch tests to a longer ester and bump to:

500mg test wk
500mg deca wk
40-50mg dbol daily (4-6 weeks)

pretty cut and dry and basic cycle here .. i would eat more too, but thats just me.. i have a hard time growing , im just a small guy... but i eat 350-400 carbs while trying to grow..

Last edited:
You cant "take" anything that will make your back blow up. This is gonna come down to putting on overall size....and putting the work in on some hard and heavy back training

And I see no reason for reps that low on a cable pulldown. That exercise is more about accentuating the stretch and the contraction. I find that best to do in the 10-12 rep range. Lay out what an average complete back workout looks like for you so we can help here

welcome to the NO back club....

we are not prejudice....

:)

Why are you not using a whey protein supplement?

Add at least 1 whey isolate shake (50g) post workout along with 50g carbs (waxy maize, vitargo or whatever you want.)

Do you use straps on back day? if not start using them

Deadlift every other week, when you can rep 495 for 8 reps you will have a decent back

Add at least 1 whey isolate shake (50g) post workout along with 50g carbs (waxy maize, vitargo or whatever you want.)

Deadlift every other week, when you can rep 495 for 8 reps you will have a decent back
Why would he use whey when he could use whole food, half the time the whey is mislabeled lol

Why would he use whey when he could use whole food, half the time the whey is mislabeled lol

Because whey causes an amino acid spike that whole food can't, this extreme amino acid spike post workout is good for muscle growth.

Buy from one of the large companies (owned by publicly traded companies) and the whey will be good.

Last edited:
Because whey causes an amino acid spike that whole food can't, this extreme amino acid spike post workout is good for muscle growth.

Buy from one of the large companies (owned by publicly traded companies) and the whey will be good.

That is categorically false as proved by recent protein tests. Google amino spiking. Some of the most popular companies performed the worst

That is categorically false as proved by recent protein tests. Google amino spiking. Some of the most popular companies performed the worst

Did you read the study? it was done by some collage students as a school project, it was a very flawed study and if you read it you will get the impression that it was written by a 10th grader.

Do some companies spike, yes. A large company like Optimum Nutrition that is owned by Glanbia (Billion Dollar publicly traded company) will not be spiking anything and will be manufacturing products to the highest standard.

this is bullshit....

and whey has a place....prep contest..

Last edited:
this is bullshit....

Very true. The same can be said for squatting, leg pressing, chest pressing and well every exercise going. Just because you can lift heavy even with great form it doesn't mean that weak bodypart will suddenly start growing. I have seen guys with stick legs squatting 3 plates a side. Granted it's not a huge weight but I literally mean 5ft 11, 160 pound and stick legs going all the way down for good reps.

Has anyone seen how much weight I can lift for calf exercises... case proven :eek::D

IMG_0067.JPG
I've probably done 10-15 sets of deadlifts in my entire life.

View attachment 90116
I've probably done 10-15 sets of deadlifts in my entire life.
I've seen many guy's with more than awesome and superior backs that never have deadlifted once before... I my self yes deadlift (duh part of being a powerlifter) but if was a body builder I'd never of dead lifted to build my bsck...So yes totally agree with you...

THE REAPER

I've seen many guy's with more than awesome and superior backs that never have deadlifted once before... I my self yes deadlift (duh part of being a powerlifter) but if was a body builder I'd never of dead lifted to build my bsck...So yes totally agree with you...

THE REAPER

Thank you for quoting me, yes, I started as a bodybuilder and still am. I totally understand a power lifter doing them for obvious reasons.

You know what I think is probably one of the best moves for the back(and I haven't done them in a while, lol) is a z bar with an underhand grip, bent over rows. Heavy weight, 5-8 rep range with good form. Using the back and squeezing all the way up. A good rep or two for the negative. Being bent over nails the spinal erectors from the shear weight. I do recommend wrist straps when training back, I know Frank Magrath has doesn't use them, but he has insane forearms that he wants to keep insane, I would too probably if I had his arms.

Thank you kindly for all of the responses.

My libido is very strong so no issues there. Although my dosages are conservative I have still been seeing steady gains as well as weight increase. Forgot to mention I have been on TRT for 4 years. Doctor prescribed me 250mg a week of test C. I have ran Test E, C, P, and Sustanon. Personally I like to take Prop because injecting every day to me is no problem and I believe it keeps my levels very stable. The less highs and lows the less Estrogen spikes. The highest dose I have taken is 1 gram of test a week. however IMO high doses of test give me sides I really don't want such as enlarged prostate, hair loss, high estradiol etc.

When I asked if there Is something I could take to make my back blow up I didnt mean it in the way it was interpreted by some users on this forum. I know as well as all of you seasoned vets out there that some anabolic compounds can help you break past plateaus weather it be strength, muscle gains, etc. So are there any AAS that you would reccomend or perhaps IGF1/HGH/Slin?????

My back workout,is split like this. Day 1: upper back and rear delts. Day 2. Lower back, hamstrings, calves. There are 3-4 days in between each back workout so i get enough rest time. (been using Dorian Yates Blood and Guts training as mybase)

UPPER BACK AND REAR DELTS

Lats

Cable lat pull downs: 1 warm up set...3 working sets of heavy weight ( racking the machine and repping 6-8 times) followed by a drop set low weight high reps. I focus on keeping my chest up, squeezing my back and holding when I pull down, then slowly letting it back up.

Chest supported Hammer strength loaded machine: 3 working sets of heavy weight. First set 130lbs 12-15 reps.
Second set 140lbs 10-12 reps. Third set 150lbs (racked) 6-8 reps. 1 drop set of leight weight.

Standing bent over barbell row: 3 working sets of heavy weight. First set 185lbs 15-20 reps. Second set 225lbs 12-15 reps. Third set 315lbs 5-6 reps. Drop set back to 225lbs and rep as manny times as I can. My main focus is control, bringing the bar to my hips, elbows in tight, and squeezing.

Rhomboids and rear delts:

Seated wide grip cable row: 3 working sets of heavy weight. First set 200lbs 15-20 reps. Second set 230lbs 12-15 reps. Third set 250lbs 5-6 reps. Drop set back to 200lbs and rep as manny times as I can. Elbows are flared out using rear delts, traps, and rhomboids.

Chest supported rear delt flys: 3 working sets of heavy weight. First set 200lbs 15-20 reps. Second set 230lbs 12-15 reps. Third set 250lbs 5-6 reps. Drop set back to 200lbs and rep as manny times as I can.

Seated bent over rear delt dumbbell flys: 3 working sets. First set 30lbs 15-20 reps. Second set 40lbs 12-15 reps. Third set 50lbs 5-6 reps. Drop set back to 30lbs and rep as manny times as I can.

I usually end the routine with wide grip pull ups for as manny times as I can.

Lower back:

Deadlifts: warm up set of 135lbs for 20 reps. 5 working sets. 225lbs for 15-20 reps. 315lbs for 10-15 reps. 405lbs for 8-10 reps. 500lbs for 10 single reps with 30 second breaks in between. Drop set bak down to 225lbs and rep as manny times as possible.

Hyper extensions: 3 sets until failure.

Attachments

• IMG_20170223_140522_538.jpg
    IMG_20170223_140522_538.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20170317_201206.jpg
    IMG_20170317_201206.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Thank you for quoting me, yes, I started as a bodybuilder and still am. I totally understand a power lifter doing them for obvious reasons.

You know what I think is probably one of the best moves for the back(and I haven't done them in a while, lol) is a z bar with an underhand grip, bent over rows. Heavy weight, 5-8 rep range with good form. Using the back and squeezing all the way up. A good rep or two for the negative. Being bent over nails the spinal erectors from the shear weight. I do recommend wrist straps when training back, I know Frank Magrath has doesn't use them, but he has insane forearms that he wants to keep insane, I would too probably if I had his arms.
Totally agree brother the z bar under grip I incorporate in all my back training days...I have went up in my pr in deads because of that...And totally agree I use wrist wraps when training everything besides legs...

THE REAPER

Every protoen powder I have used has made me constipated and Bloated. Even the ones of probiotics and fiber added into them. I don't use straps i just use chal:Dk.

actually NOT DOING deadlifts is probably why you are still in the game...!!!!

I deadlifted my asshole in to the ground, and back never improved....my legs
did....not my back....and I was doing 495 for 14s and 15s....maybe because
my legs are overpowering, they kinda took over the movement....

not til I started doing back 3 times a week, did it start to improve....

I still squat....but I wont pull deads any more....

Every protoen powder I have used has made me constipated and Bloated. Even the ones of probiotics and fiber added into them. I don't use straps i just use chal:Dk.

Try unflavored whey isolate and take a fiber supplement

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear