over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back on track

biggie260

Registered
Newbies
How do you guys get back on track? I have been out for almost two years with injuries and life. I can see how people get use to the "normal" life of doing nothing.

Starting slow and light. Main thing is to develop a routine and DON’T over do things!!! Maybe start with something easy, like 2-3 days a week. Gives you leeway ya know. Before long it’ll become routine. When that happens start adding in another couple days to at least get 4-5 days per week.

Cage

Thanks brother. Alot is mental to. Just can't get that drive back

Force it and keep forcing it, force it for as long as you have to until it just becomes part of your life again. No matter how tired you are or how bad you feel or how much you don’t want to go just force yourself into the gym and you will get a workout in.

But like cage said you don’t need to go 0-100 overnight, little by little. Get easy workouts in and eventually you yourself will want to push it more. But just force yourself in there….

How do you guys get back on track? I have been out for almost two years with injuries and life. I can see how people get use to the "normal" life of doing nothing.
i am bout to be in week 4 of being "back on track"
The thing is, you gotta let go of how you USED TO do things in the gym. I did anyhow.
Take your time and start SLOW AND LIGHT or u will be so sore you wont wanna go back
I suggest throw in cardio every time u work out cuz it will lower DOMS especially for the legs. and when i say cardio just a walking pace on a 5 incline is what i do for 15 min post leg work out. post upper body workout i will do 15-20 run/walk
i have had alot of fun working out 2 body parts at a time going back and forth. usually 2 exercises of 3 sets each bodypart for upper and 3 exercises of sets for lower body. i lift on mon, tues and thur, fri. cardio post workout and on wed.
chest/back
triceps/delts
quad/hams
(i dont workout calves or biceps)
it keeps you moving so u arent bored and doesnt favor lifting huge weights
each workout is @25 min followed by the cardio i mentioned.

i suggest NEVER missing a workout. super easy to fall back into not going if u miss a day.

I've had MANY surgeries and the only thing I think about is recovering properly and getting back to the gym. I'm 52 and it's a lifestyle. There's no comfort being out of them gym and I deal with chronic pain every day!

I would just stay on track. Just getting back up to speed after surgeries sucks enough. The last time i was off the track for any length was in the 80's.

I can’t stand looking like shit. To be honest I hate the gym and lifestyle. But if I look in the mirror and I don’t like what I see that sends me into a mental depression. Keeps me in check.

Just force yourself in man. On days that I dont feel like going i find that if i just get in and get s couple initial sets done im rolling and get it done

To me getting "off track," just isn't an option. Indomitable will is one of the biggest traits you have to be to be successful in something like this, that means you don't stop. Change things sure, but never stop. I've had 2 injuries that needed surgery, I lifted every day leading up to surgery and the day after both of them.

I've had MANY surgeries and the only thing I think about is recovering properly and getting back to the gym. I'm 52 and it's a lifestyle. There's no comfort being out of them gym and I deal with chronic pain every day!
Wow bio listing to you is like looking at myself in the mirror lol.you are 2 years older than me.im be 50 in 3 weeks.and had many surgery to.actually next month I go in for back surgery again.I live with chronic pain all my life

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear