over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Back Pump" hysteria. Who started it?

You have alot of free time to think about things.....don't you.....

Haha, I'm ashamed to have to agree with you gungalunga. I should probably have my butt in the gym achieving back pumps rather than talking trash about them

Mazzy Star has got to be THE preeminent dream pop artist of our time. I love her stuff, including the third album "Among My Swan". She then went on and did some stuff as "Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions" which still contained some great songs but nowhere near her earlier, Mazzy Star era stuff imo

You gotta check out "Cat Power". This is one of her best songs and surprisingly a live performance. Lead singer is Chan Marshal, just beautiful

Cat-Power - YouTube[url]

I've heard them a few times. Metal Heart's a fine tune.

But yeah I didn't really fuck with some of Hope's solo stuff. It had a way darker undertone to it whereas Mazzy had an uplifting almost country-ish vibe. That's not to say that I can't appreciate the melodramatic sound but it's hard transitioning over when it's literally the same singer.

Pretty funny post, I get it, but I have to this: back pumps in bodybuilding are kind of like forearm pumps in rock climbing, they are painful not desirable, it's like a calf pump but even more painful and then your lower back never gets to relax. Something about slow twitch muscles getting pumped...

Pretty funny post, I get it, but I have to this: back pumps in bodybuilding are kind of like forearm pumps in rock climbing, they are painful not desirable, it's like a calf pump but even more painful and then your lower back never gets to relax. Something about slow twitch muscles getting pumped...

Exactly. The difference with lower back pumps from most is the fact they could completely ruin a training session. That's part of the reason I started always hitting lower back directly at the end (starting high and working down). They can be debilitating and painful to the extent you can't even move around properly. Everyone responds differently but most who have been full of water retention from adrol/dbol and have trained their lower backs very hard should know the feeling.

Funny you mention calf pumps because I had that and the soreness from the day after training has been so bad I can barely move around. It's been nearly 5 days and whilst my quads/hams have recovered my calves are still bad. They hurt to touch and I can't even straighten my legs for 10 mins after standing up.

These days I don't really get "back pumps" because I have a bad lower back so train it directly minimally. If I were to train it hard for many sets the subsequent tightness would be bad and it could possibly go at any time.

I'm not sure when the phrase "back pumps" became a part of the bodybuilders lexicon, but its very hard to take someone seriously when they talk about "back pumps" in grave tones. The hysteria surrounding "back pumps" seems to have originated out of thin air. One day everyone was normal and the next day everyone had lost their mind, speaking about "back pumps" as if it was a real thing. Back pumps were never a real thing, but the spontaneous hysteria surrounding that phrase would all enter our lives in a most cringe-worthy fashion.

So it came to pass in the year of our lord, 2012 A.D., the bodybuilders lexicon took a dive in the depths of lunacy. The subject of "Beastdrol" never failed to invite the legions of lunatics poised to inform us all of the danger that lurked for us, the danger of the dreaded and mysterious "back pump". Conversations about Beastdrol proved to be impossible without someone reminding us to "just be warned, the back pumps are hellacious!"

Well, the hysteria came and the hysteria went. The dark times of the dreaded back pumps proved to be nothing more than 15 minutes of infamy. The phrase meant nothing. It was clearly someone trying to troll the entire bodybuilding community by dumbing down the phraseology.

Back pumps are fake news.

Rant over!

This is hilarious. I always wondered about the "back pumps" as well.

I guess if pumping iron had Arnold using the reverse Hyper and saying the back pump was like cumming we would not have vilified it.

Actually warming up with the reverse Hyper seems to solve the back pump "problem" on squats and deadlifts for me.

I guess if pumping iron had Arnold using the reverse Hyper and saying the back pump was like cumming we would not have vilified it.

Actually warming up with the reverse Hyper seems to solve the back pump "problem" on squats and deadlifts for me.

That's probably true!

Now I'm starting to doubt myself and believe ya'll that the struggle is real :)

Idk wtf you’re talking about. If I take anadrol pre workout and try to squat heavy or high reps I have to almost lay in the floor between sets my lower back is so pumped. And it fucking hurts

I take 3-4g taurine in my intra workout and it helps immensely

Imo

I was always under the impression 'back pumps' were the out of the blue occurence of a painful, tight lower back mostly brought on by Dbol and Adrol usage. (say getting a tight ass back pump doing biceps or chest, or even when tying your shoes)

Of course if you're directly working your spinal erectors, they are going to get pumped up just like any other muscle would. But those are not the 'back pumps' we're talking about here.

im on par with Juggy on this.

I just got done running 70mg Var preworkout for 5 weeks + SLIN
Trying to do squats and rack pulls ruined me.
I couldnt finish a fuckin workout to save my life...it would be laying on the ground at the gym trying to "stretch it out" and stilllll hating life walking to my car post workout

Mazzy Star has got to be THE preeminent dream pop artist of our time. I love her stuff, including the third album "Among My Swan". She then went on and did some stuff as "Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions" which still contained some great songs but nowhere near her earlier, Mazzy Star era stuff imo

You gotta check out "Cat Power". This is one of her best songs and surprisingly a live performance. Lead singer is Chan Marshal, just beautiful

Cat-Power - YouTube

where do you rank the Cocteau Twins?

where do you rank the Cocteau Twins?

Honestly, 10/10 as far as pure artistic quality.

I can't listen to anything on the Heaven or Las Vegas album though. Not to sound faggy or anything but it just brings too much strong shit back for me too vividly. If you're into shoegaze and dream pop you'll love it.

Honestly, 10/10 as far as pure artistic quality.

I can't listen to anything on the Heaven or Las Vegas album though. Not to sound faggy or anything but it just brings too much strong shit back for me too vividly. If you're into shoegaze and dream pop you'll love it.

i'm a big fan. I'm an old school metalhead at heart, so i don't get to have too many conversation with my buddies about the Cocteau Twins.

Idk wtf you’re talking about. If I take anadrol pre workout and try to squat heavy or high reps I have to almost lay in the floor between sets my lower back is so pumped. And it fucking hurts

I take 3-4g taurine in my intra workout and it helps immensely

What you´re describing sounds more like cramping than the muscle being pumped, I´ve personally never experienced any painfully debilitating muscle congestion but cannot say the same about those bastard cramps.

What you´re describing sounds more like cramping than the muscle being pumped, I´ve personally never experienced any painfully debilitating muscle congestion but cannot say the same about those bastard cramps.
Cramps are more abrupt and intense. Lower back pumps are more of a enduring tightness and fullness along with pain and burning.

I have experienced many of the sensations list through out this topic. Never did any AS at that time. And ended up with many back issues. I wonder how many of these tightness, pain, burning are really due to early stage trauma and damage. As they are the same symptoms you get from spinal issues.

I have experienced many of the sensations list through out this topic. Never did any AS at that time. And ended up with many back issues. I wonder how many of these tightness, pain, burning are really due to early stage trauma and damage. As they are the same symptoms you get from spinal issues.

Well in my case, this is certainly true :(

"Becoming a Supple Leopard" by Kelly Starrett and Glen Cordoza
^^^i think you might find this book very interesting!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131