over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back To Big - TOO's Gearmazon log

Another Venice Gold's day. I'm basically just rebuilding my rotations for my split.
1 rotation is at 1 gym, another rotation is here at Gold's Venice. Like i said, fantastic variety of equipment and im friends with enough guys there that its nice to see some other seriously large people move weight.

Goal is to really hit upper back. I've had some serious L shoulder surgeries and i've had to modify how I do any sort of pulldowns - mostly using a neutral grip. This has allowed me to realllly hit my lats nicely, but in taking a wide grip pulldown bar out of the equation, ive noticed my upper back to fall behind. That upper shelf/rear delt area is lacking big time. So just adjusting my exercise selection to really target that early on in the workout.

I'm also reminding myself this will be a slow and steady race. Im very fresh and a small amount of gear/gh i'm on now will do wonders.
I willll ramp stuff up though. But i'm like 8 days in, so the blood levels are building.

PULL DAY
Hammer Strength Iso-Lat DY Row - love this machine if any of you have used it.
335x10
245x15

Freemotion Chest Supported Row - pulling high, trying to hit upper back
245x9
160x14

Straight bar pulldown
225x10
175x14

Seated DC rope rows
190x11
140x15

Rope cable pullovers
120x12,12

BW back extensions - have some annoying herniated disc problems, so i do this and lots of stretching at the end.

Heading back to the gym this evening to do HIIT on the stepmill.

I will be following :)

Did you like the food in Italy? What about the pizza?

Did you like the food in Italy? What about the pizza?
Dude, AMAZING.
Literally was TRYING to eat everything in sight. Past, bread and olive oil and pizza every day, almost every meal.
Lots of amazing little places in Positano and Capri we hit up.

And even with that carb heavy approach, down 10lbs when i came back lol
Either way, italy was beautiful. My favorite European country.

One thing that might work for upper back is rack deadlifts in a Smith machine if you can find the right angle. It'll be highly dependent on your limbs and leverages but if it works it can be great because it isolates the back so much. It's one of the main movements that built my back thickness.

Volume day today, fullness and roundness is coming on. And thats just cause blood levels are continuing to rise.

Sleep has taken some getting use to. Havent been on stims in a hot minute and the EC stack wired me this week.
Have to make sure im taking it much more early in the day. But feel good. The good news is that im freakin strong right now with no serious injuries.
Today is a medium carb day followed by a high carb day tomorrow for legs. Weight will probably get thrown back into the mid 280s.

ARMS/SHOULDERS
Incline Bench Rear delt swing
20x15, 30x15, 40x15, 50x15

SA Cable Lateral Raises
25x10, 30x10, 35x10, 35x10

SA cable curls
30x4x12

SA rope pushdown
65x4x10

Bent over rear delt raises - inside Lat raise machine
50x3x12

DB side raises
30x3x15

Drag Curls - EZ bar
40x3x15

Slow negative dips
BWx3x12

Cable Rope Curls
95x4x12

SA OH Rope Extentions
60x4x15

she got pregnant and is 16 weeks preg right now. We're both very excited.
^^^congratulations to both of you brother

..wishing you the only very best

time to get after it!
^^^you will be better than ever before this time around

►subb'd ..excited for you & looking forward to your success

High day, which means tons of food. Exciting but its also means i kinda have to revolve my day around being at home.
Walking around with large tupperware is annoying. I can bring 1 meal with me but packing for several sucks.
Just ran some errands which right now is picking up baby stuff - new stroller, bassinet, etc. HOT as helll in LA right now too...98 today.

LEGS
Bodymasters Leg Curl
140x8
100x13

Life Fitness Leg Ext
170x9
120x13

New Weird Hack Squat - 2 sec negatives super deep
5pps x 11
4pps x 18 (no full lockout, constant tension then entire time)

Leg Press - deep, slow negative, explosive concentric
5pps x 15,13,12,11

Seated Leg Curl
240x9
180x15

Adductor Machine - slow controlled
Stack x 18,13

Lots of calf work - No dedicated calf day as I do 2-3 work sets every workout.

Would usually throw some SL work in here, maybe BW lunges in the parking lot. But not trying to throw anymore volume right now.
This willl be added, just slowly.

On the Hack squat when you say no lockout, constant tension, are you trying to hit more quads or hamstrings?

On the Hack squat when you say no lockout, constant tension, are you trying to hit more quads or hamstrings?
More quad focused.
Hack has been a go-to for me for a couple years. Nothing crushed my quads like hacks do.

Even when i was squatting hard and heavy back in the day, those heavy compound leg movements hit my butt and hamstrings a ton more. I was a very big posterior chain squatter. Hack and a couple other machines just groove well with my quads and have helped give my legs a more bubbly look.

More quad focused.
Hack has been a go-to for me for a couple years. Nothing crushed my quads like hacks do.

Even when i was squatting hard and heavy back in the day, those heavy compound leg movements hit my butt and hamstrings a ton more. I was a very big posterior chain squatter. Hack and a couple other machines just groove well with my quads and have helped give my legs a more bubbly look.

I think the habit of being an ex PL…..back squats for me are a glute/hip exercise 1, quads secondary.

Hacks or slightly foot forward smith squats are my staple quad compounds

Medium day for me today. 500ish carbs.
Just got done with my Push workout, stuff moving well. Slowly increasing some volume as my recovery is just much better actually ON gear lol.
Will go back tonight to hit some cardio.

PUSH
Incline Hammer
5pps x 10
4pps x 12

Decline Hammer
4pps x 13
3pps x 15

Smith Shoulder Press
315 x 10
255 x 15

Weighted Dips
100 x 10
45 x 15

Cable Flies
55 x 3 x 15

Machine Side Laterals
150 x 10
110 x 15

Underhand EZ Bar Pushdowns
120 x 11
90 x 16

We'll see how i feel with cardio at end of day. My wife bought a massive dining room table yesterday and its getting delivered this afternoon.
They asked her if she wanted to pay extra to have a couple guys get it into the house and set it up.
"No, my husband is huge. He'll be fine." Greatttt. I'll let u guys know how I'll almost kill myself today. 🤦‍♂️

You are as strong as a bull after such a break from gear. I don't even want to think about what will happen in a few months:D
I gotta look respectable standing next to you lol

Btw, for those of you that care — I didn't die moving that dining room table. The delivery driver actually helped me move it into the house for FREE (i sat around and chatted nutrition and training with him for about 30 mins afterward) Well worth it!

Just chippin away at it. Finished my Pull workout this morning, will go back in the evening for HIIT cardio.
No hunger yet, just warmer with stims in my body. Also our fuckin AC broke this weekend and ive been dying at my house.
Warm as hellll.

Still trying to figure out volume for back. Its probably my strongest BP as ive always had really good mind muscle connection with my lats.
As ive mentioned before, shifting the focus toward my upper back now.

PULL
Hammer Strength Hi Row - SA
4pps x 10
3pps x15

Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Row
3pps x 11
2pps x 16

CG pulldowns with neutral MAG bar
220 x 11
170 x 14

Chest Supp T-bar Row - slow controlled negatives
3ps x 10
2ps x 12

Cable Pullovers
100 x 15
85 x 12, 12

Supersetted with

DB Shrugs - 2 sec pause at the top
120 x 10
90 x 11
50 x 20

Back Extensions (herniated disc so i mostly do bodyweight)
3 x BW x 15-20

This shit kinda makes me miss orals lol ONLY because orals work instantly. Everyone the remember the first time they took drol/var/tbol and the immmmmediate changes you get. I honestly dont mess with them until im insanely lean but they give that instant gratification everyone loves.
Week 2.5 and blood levels finalllly getting there. Waste pulled in a bit, shoulders and arms look much fuller. This is when it realllly gets going.

ARMS/SHOULDERS
Rear Delt DB Swings
15x4x20

Cuff Side Delt Raises
20x10
25x10
30x10
35x10
40x10

Band Pullaparts
3x10

DB side raises
MR 25 6x4

SA Concentration Curls
4x15

SA Rope pushdwons
4x10

DB skullcrushers
45s 3x12

Drag Curls
50x 3x12

Overhead Rope Ext.
60 4x10

Rope Hammer Curls
100 4x10

Nagging elbow pain today kinda dictated what i did. Before vacation I hopped onto a flat bench and CG 315x12 — and I hadnt CG benched in 6 months or so. Tried to build up today but L elbow wasnt having it.

Higher food today. Going out with another couple to some nice restaurant in LA aka traveling with tupperware.

Gear kicking in, shoulders wide, waist shrinking.
All good things happening. High 270s in the morning, low 280s at night.
Low day today, not hungry yet but we the diet is definitely pulling cals a bit harder this week.
Cardio has just been HIIT on the stairmaster and i dont mind it. Very short, 20 mins or so and im done.

PUSH in Venice
Love these Nautilus Pressing machines
Nautilus Chest Press
4.5 plates x 10
3.5 x 15

Nautilus Incline Press
4 x 11
3 x 15

Nautilus Shoulder Press
4 x 9
3 x 12

Hammer Dips
4 x 8
3 x 11

Cable Flies - stretch and flex hard for a 1 count
65 x 15, 12, 10

Freemotion Side Lateral Machine
150 x 12, 11, 10

Rope Pushdowns
178 x 10
132 x 14

I swear to god building baby furniture is a second cardio session. Built some dresser yestreday and this thing was heavy as hellll and just a pain in the ass. Drenched in sweat by the end.

Long day. My work schedule is kinda crazy right now. Been getting my lifts anywhere between 5-7AM then coming back end of day to do cardio.
Food is still high and cardio isnt bad at all. Stuff is starting to happen, so that's good.

PULL DAY (Venice)
Hammer Iso low row
3pps +25 x 10
2pps +25 x 14

Free Motion High Row (chest supported)
150 x 11
110 x 15

Wide Grip Pulldowns
200 x 11
160 x 15

Dual-Handle seated rows
150 x 11
110 x 16

Rope Cable Pullovers
140 x 15, 12, 12

DB Shrugs (2 sec pause)
130 x 11
80 x 20

Back Extensions
BW x 15, 15, 15

Chatted it up with Eric Janicki at the gym yesterday after cardio, he trains at both my gyms so he and I are friendly. Dude is a taank right now.
A very competitive classic physique guy and fitness influencer, check out his IG. I was bullshitting with him when he was getting ready for the Vancouver Pro (the NPC section of it, he lost out on the pro card there) and dude was 6'1 218 but looked massive in person. He's full rebound now and is probably 270ish. Told him he needs to switch to open BBing.

Arms/Shoulders yesterday and Legs today.
High Day so tons of carbs, some insulin and just refilling. Gonna have some nice Mexican restaurant up with some friends later, so thatll be a free meal for me. Carbs are basically rice, rice crispie cereal, COR, some gummie bears and some gatorade. Will hit about 1000g followed by 200 or so tomorrow on a low day.

LEG DAY
Nautilus Lyng Leg Curl
160 x 10, 110 x 15
Nautilus Leg Ext
190 x 11, 140 x 17
FF Linear Hack Squat - this is a unique machine. I try to have slow and controlled negatives getting deep as hell.
5pps x 11, 8, 9
Leg Press - feeder sets from 4pps up to 8
5 sets
Adductor
210 x 11, 150 x 20
Glute Extensions
BW x 10, 10, 11, 11
I always throw 5-10 hard sets of calves in a variety of machines

A lil bit more volume than i normally do. I physically cannot really push my legs to that 110% like i can by chest/back tho. Ive had too many injuries where ive pushed it something has popped. Because of that, its more "close to failure" sets and volume.

Still pushing, still feeling good. 278 for this weeks checkin

Yesterday checkin, gonna push more gear for this one. Upping it to 750 Sust + 600 EQ and will probably keep pushing higher as I get leaner.
Carbs pulled down on Medium day. Cardio is rollin along. Most changes coming from diet than anything else.

PUSH
Incline Hammer
5pps X 7.5
3.5pps x 14

Decline Hammer
4pps x 12
3pps x 16

SA Shoulder Press Machine
130 x 9,9
90 x 15, 15

CG Bench (rickety old Smyth machine)
345 x 8
275 x 10

Side Raise Machine
150 x 11
110 x 15

Cable Flies
50 x 15
60 x 12
50 x 15
30 x 20

EZ bar underhand pressdown (tris)
60 x 12
40 x 15

Had a quick one today as I had to do work pre-gym then sprint home in the morning. Was up at 4am working, then back at 630am for a meeting.
The ONLY thing i probably need to focus on more is sleep. I average 4-6.5 hrs per night and on the days where its under 5, i usually try and take an hour nap midday (feel like an old man saying that). Interested to see the diet and gear changes.

I'm just at the point now where people are saying, "woa, you're looking extra full right now." Shoulders and trap bursting kind of look.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws