over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back to thai boxing

mike1107

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just got back to my first muay thay training tonight in 7 years

Jeez I love that sport ... I was hitting the pao and hit the teacher's elbow, my foot is HUGE right now but it doesnt matter, that sport is fucking amazing

I dont even understand how I stopped it for so long

anybody here practises ?

I have been into boxing as well but I love muay thai better

Muay Thai Practicioner

Muay Thai changed my life!

Not just physically, but mentally I'm sharper, have zero stress and it even changed my relationships. I'm in the best shape of my life and have had the honor to train and fight with some of the most amazing practitioners in the sport.

You're right about it being so much more than boxing, when you bring all of the other striking points into it it's so much more complex and effective as a fighting sport. 90% of MMA striking is from MT. I'm into this for life.

Good to see someone else on the board trains, sawatdee khap!

Don't your heavy muscles makes it harder since you look jacked ?

Hey man you look very god damn good, I'd appreciate if you open a thread about your diet, workout, progress something like b-boy thoughts thread

I used to train regularly. I trained at Fairtex in San Francisco and in Thailand.
It was one of the best times of my life. I met a lot of great people and got into amazing shape while having a good time.
Training in Thailand really spoiled me, 1 on 1 with a great trainer, when I got home and went back to classes of 30-40 people with one instructor, it just wasn't the same.
Like many here, I am muscular for my height, and I think it is a disadvantage in Muay Thai. I lacked flexibility too. My trainers always wanted me to lose size, and I never would because I had spent so many years building it, not to mention kickboxing was just a hobby of mine.

Muay Thai changed my life!

Not just physically, but mentally I'm sharper, have zero stress and it even changed my relationships. I'm in the best shape of my life and have had the honor to train and fight with some of the most amazing practitioners in the sport.

You're right about it being so much more than boxing, when you bring all of the other striking points into it it's so much more complex and effective as a fighting sport. 90% of MMA striking is from MT. I'm into this for life.

Good to see someone else on the board trains, sawatdee khap!

Sawatdee khap ;)

yeah I remember that, when I was practicing it, I was stress free

thats how I feel right now excepted my foot is fucked up right now Ill post a pic tomorrow

Hey man you look very god damn good, I'd appreciate if you open a thread about your diet, workout, progress something like b-boy thoughts thread

it slowed me down, I was much lighter when I quit but I hit harder so its worth it lol

Ill start a thread about me in a couple of weeks, Im so out of shape right now Im ashamed lol

I used to train regularly. I trained at Fairtex in San Francisco and in Thailand.
It was one of the best times of my life. I met a lot of great people and got into amazing shape while having a good time.
Training in Thailand really spoiled me, 1 on 1 with a great trainer, when I got home and went back to classes of 30-40 people with one instructor, it just wasn't the same.
Like many here, I am muscular for my height, and I think it is a disadvantage in Muay Thai. I lacked flexibility too. My trainers always wanted me to lose size, and I never would because I had spent so many years building it, not to mention kickboxing was just a hobby of mine.

I love Thailand training
never did it myself (I should have since I went there a couple of times) but I love the atmosfear
went to lumpini stadium and radjadamnern (sp?) and it was also amazing !!

I think mike has one if the craziest transformations I've EVER seen

Love Muay Thai ! or just about any martial arts for that matter . I got up to a green belt in Taekwondo .Broke up with the woman I was dating at the time ( she was in the class ) so I had to stop going . Then I took Muay Thai for about 6 months . Then the Sensei took a liking to my new woman and was noticably distracted every time she came in to watch ! This is while he was teaching the class . The last straw was one day after class , he came up to her and asked if she was ever gonna take the class , and if so he would offer her a couple of " one on one" consultations to see if she would like it . LoL !! I'm a big guy ....... but probably no match for the sensei , so we decided to get out of that place. I miss it terribly , need to find a new place to train !!

I think mike has one if the craziest transformations I've EVER seen

:yeahthat:

Mike's a beast. I remember the 'chat' you did a few years back in the chat room on here before you were mia. I learned you aren't just one of those genetically gifted guys that half asses shit and still looks like a freak. Your extremely hard working, dedicated, and intelligent. I learned a lot. Your a great asset to this forum glad to have you back (and Mainevent - who was in the same chat too and just came back from being MIA too incidentally).

:yeahthat:

Mike's a beast. I remember the 'chat' you did a few years back in the chat room on here before you were mia. I learned you aren't just one of those genetically gifted guys that half asses shit and still looks like a freak. Your extremely hard working, dedicated, and intelligent. I learned a lot. Your a great asset to this forum glad to have you back (and Mainevent - who was in the same chat too and just came back from being MIA too incidentally).

thanks bro

as a matter of fact if you guys want to have another chat room session, Im all for it
glad to know I can help
I love this board you have no idea how much ... this is a part of my life as much as my family is ;)

Looking at your avatar and you taking up Kickboxing, no one would have the balls to step in the ring, I would have piss my pants! :p

Looking at your avatar and you taking up Kickboxing, no one would have the balls to step in the ring, I would have piss my pants! :p

when I was still fighting I was like 50lbs lighter though ;)

Just got back to my first muay thay training tonight in 7 years

Jeez I love that sport ... I was hitting the pao and hit the teacher's elbow, my foot is HUGE right now but it doesnt matter, that sport is fucking amazing

I dont even understand how I stopped it for so long

anybody here practises ?

I have been into boxing as well but I love muay thai better

I have trained in several several styles for the past 30 years with a base in Kenpo. Most mixed Martial arts gyms/Clubs incorporate Muay Tae because it's so bad ass. There strikes are wicked, efficiant and powerful , not to mention the devistating elbows to the foot LOL! Ouch!

I have trained in several several styles for the past 30 years with a base in Kenpo. Most mixed Martial arts gyms/Clubs incorporate Muay Tae because it's so bad ass. There strikes are wicked, efficiant and powerful , not to mention the devistating elbows to the foot LOL! Ouch!

my foot is purple today :D

damn I luv that sport :headbang:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member