over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back to thai boxing

I train K-1 rules kickboxing in Japan, but I've been to Thailand for short training stints. Some of the major differences are no elbows, and the clinch time is limited. I really like them both, but I think K-1 rules is a better match for my natural style.

I have trained in several several styles for the past 30 years with a base in Kenpo. Most mixed Martial arts gyms/Clubs incorporate Muay Tae because it's so bad ass. There strikes are wicked, efficiant and powerful , not to mention the devistating elbows to the foot LOL! Ouch!

Exactly...I have been in Martial Arts all my life. Started out like most others in a Korean art. After about 6 years of that, I got my first taste of Muay Thai when I started taking Wing Chun. By that time, my Wing Chun classes were not classical and included Muay Thai, Eskrima and Arnis, and JKD. Stayed with that for about 5 years until my teacher moved out of state.

Interesting thing about those classes was that we had a guy named Eddie Camden who used to come around every so often that was just a badass and held multiple black belts in different styles. Seen him break a bat once with his shin.

For the last 10+ years, it's been Daito Ryu and Aikido with Kendo thrown in since both of those arts were seen to mimic sword techniques with empty hands.

Oh...and Boxing too. My dad was a Pro Boxer and had gloves on me at an early age. Never was any good though, as when you are 5' 6" and weigh around 190lbs, everybody in your weight class is almost 6" taller and a ton more reach.

my foot is purple today

damn I luv that sport

foot to elbow = not fun!

I've blocked some leg kicks a little low and took a shin to the knee...also not fun

Although I love the looks I get when I walk into work in shorts (casual dress office in FL) and my shins are purple from sparring. Everyone is REALLY nice to me here.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I just watch it, the guy in red shorts was chickening out, bit like me vs Mike..Robert is a huge guy..big mutherfucker too!
You cant blame the guy for running, as soon as you see the guy you know it's going to ground and pound!

I train K-1 rules kickboxing in Japan, but I've been to Thailand for short training stints. Some of the major differences are no elbows, and the clinch time is limited. I really like them both, but I think K-1 rules is a better match for my natural style.
I like the K-1 rules, but love clinching. I've done some K-1 fights and hate getting stopped after just 1 knee.

I REALLY love clinch and elbows :cool:

Exactly...I have been in Martial Arts all my life. Started out like most others in a Korean art. After about 6 years of that, I got my first taste of Muay Thai when I started taking Wing Chun. By that time, my Wing Chun classes were not classical and included Muay Thai, Eskrima and Arnis, and JKD. Stayed with that for about 5 years until my teacher moved out of state.

Interesting thing about those classes was that we had a guy named Eddie Camden who used to come around every so often that was just a badass and held multiple black belts in different styles. Seen him break a bat once with his shin.

For the last 10+ years, it's been Daito Ryu and Aikido with Kendo thrown in since both of those arts were seen to mimic sword techniques with empty hands.

Oh...and Boxing too. My dad was a Pro Boxer and had gloves on me at an early age. Never was any good though, as when you are 5' 6" and weigh around 190lbs, everybody in your weight class is almost 6" taller and a ton more reach.

Korea has some bad asses martial arts as well
Personnally, Tae Kwon Domade me flexible like nothing else and it was a very good introduction to muay thai

I also love boxing, this is what I started with
But it also gives you bad habits for muay thai

foot to elbow = not fun!

I've blocked some leg kicks a little low and took a shin to the knee...also not fun

Although I love the looks I get when I walk into work in shorts (casual dress office in FL) and my shins are purple from sparring. Everyone is REALLY nice to me here.

ever been kicked on the side of your knee and u feel the tendons being slightly crushed ? jeez that hurts like fuck

You cant blame the guy for running, as soon as you see the guy you know it's going to ground and pound!

that's something I got to learn
in September Ill start freestyle wrestling, I cant wait to be able to take down and beat people up on the ground :D

I like the K-1 rules, but love clinching. I've done some K-1 fights and hate getting stopped after just 1 knee.

yeah especially as a fighter knees are an amazing weapon and as a spectator, that's something people love to see

I agree.

It used to be closer to muay Thai rules as far as clinching goes, but they changed it when Buakaw beat the snot out of Masato.

Nice video. Buakaw really is awesome.

It's such a crime that his management/gym completely screwed him over, and now his career is all funked up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear